The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

exclusive mission it automatically randomizes your loadout

Soviet47

Let me explain my self: i think it would be a nice idea, to have alert mision like the daily ones that require to realize them with certain warframe/weapons. But not class spescific, like sniper, pistol, melee, no. It wold be sort of, angstrum, soma, (even gorgon) or ivara, oberon, etc exclussive mission. The goal of this is to achieve certain challenges that encourage to us to variate our equipment in order to play. Warframe is freedom of choice, variety, so, why don't use that main feature?

Ok, maybe i say this because i like to play random, and i little bit tired to see people that always use the same op weapons over and over again. But i think that it would be nice to see it implemented on the game.

EDIT: while discussing this, we saw that would be a better idea to play a mission that randomizes your equipment on your inventory, only to not limit the number of players that doesn't own a warframe/weapon in specific.

Edited by Soviet47

1 hour ago, NekroArts said:

Then that would call for every player to get every single weapon and having to buy the same amount of warframe/weapons slots as there are currently in-game. So, no.

That is the reason for not to be a mandatory option. But, there must would be a sort of reward for the collectionist players, i think.

The thing about a loot grind game is that every player wants loot and they don't like it whens its locked behind a terrible wall. The only way for it to be "not mandatory" is if the content gave terrible rewards (bounties) or is dislike by majority (conclave).

Not necesarly, random rewards, random equip. Warfrane is a game about randomness and options within, all mixed. That is why i suggest to only work as a optional feature. Like PoE if you look it well, is a very optional game mode on warframe such as almost every type of activities in the game itself.

10 minutes ago, Soviet47 said:

Not necesarly, random rewards, random equip. Warfrane is a game about randomness and options within, all mixed. That is why i suggest to only work as a optional feature. Like PoE if you look it well, is a very optional game mode on warframe such as almost every type of activities in the game itself.

The issue you'll need to solve is "what the rewards will be for completing these types of mission". If the rewards does not satisfy the collectionists and make the others feel that it's optional, the content will be hardly touch. Same thing vice versa: if it does satisfy the collectionists but make the others feel that it's not optional, players will be raging how it's locked behind a terrible condition and that'll push players having to spend real money.

Ask yourself this: what makes PoE optional in the game?

Edited by NekroArts

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Shepard264 said:

What about a mission type that completely randomizes your loadout? So when you tried to go into the mission it would re-equip your warframe, primary, secondary, and melee to completely different ones. Thoughts?

Sounds good, at least you could randomize your own inventory.

The issue you'll need to solve is "what the rewards will be for completing these types of mission". If the rewards does not satisfy the collectionists and make the others feel that it's optional, the content will be hardly touch. Same thing vice versa: if it does satisfy the collectionists but make the others feel that it's not optional, players will be raging how it's locked behind a terrible condition and that'll pushes players having to spend real money.

Ask yourself this: what makes PoE optional in the game?

Spend real money? but if you can have almost everything in the game without spend a single buck.

And you can progress in the game on your way without stay a single minute in PoE. Don't get me wrong; i love PoE, but if you look it very carefuly, none of that will make you specially powerfull, even with the hunter set.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Shepard264 said:

What about a mission type that completely randomizes your loadout? So when you tried to go into the mission it would re-equip your warframe, primary, secondary, and melee to completely different ones. Thoughts?

This is what I thought when I read the threat title. It sounds like a neat little gimmick. Basically it would just completely randomize your loadout, mods and all, for that mission without saving. Unequipped also viable so at the very least you have one weapon. A lottery mission where you went in not knowing what the hell you were getting. So the more frames and weapons you have, the more random it would be. In fact it would give a slight advantage to newer players because the options they have are far more limited then a vet. 

Imagine having to go through a mission with a full tank, negative power Ember equipped only with a crit build Lato. You'd be bad at EVERYTHING. The catharsis in that makes me rock solid. 

1 hour ago, Lakais said:

This is what I thought when I read the threat title. It sounds like a neat little gimmick. Basically it would just completely randomize your loadout, mods and all, for that mission without saving. Unequipped also viable so at the very least you have one weapon. A lottery mission where you went in not knowing what the hell you were getting. So the more frames and weapons you have, the more random it would be. In fact it would give a slight advantage to newer players because the options they have are far more limited then a vet. 

Imagine having to go through a mission with a full tank, negative power Ember equipped only with a crit build Lato. You'd be bad at EVERYTHING. The catharsis in that makes me rock solid. 

Maybe not with random mods, but at least Warframe/weapons equip.

Only for brave tennos.

Just now, Lakais said:

Well the mods don't have to be randomized, just the weapons and your warframe. Gimmicky? Sure. But I think the fun remains there. Idk, just a concept that is kinda fun to think about to me

35 minutes ago, Soviet47 said:

Spend real money? but if you can have almost everything in the game without spend a single buck.

And you can progress in the game on your way without stay a single minute in PoE. Don't get me wrong; i love PoE, but if you look it very carefuly, none of that will make you specially powerfull, even with the hunter set.

That is the same mistake EA made with Dungeon Keeper mobile: just because players can get everything without spending a single buck doesn't mean you lock it behind a terrible wall of time investment.

Back when PoE just released everyone disliked the rewards given from bounties, most of the time because the rewards sucked or it wasn't worth the time to do it. This it the reason why PoE is not mandatory it's because of how disconnected it is from actual progression. The problem that you set yourself in is implementing a high requirement: the missions calling out on any specific warframe/weapon that result on players having to get everything just so they're prepared when it shows up.

This is the glaring issue you need to address for this to work: the rewards must reflect this high condition, but at the same time cannot make the other players feel that it has high importance.

Edited by NekroArts

That is the same mistake EA made with Dungeon Keeper mobile: just because players can get everything without spending a single buck doesn't mean you lock it behind a terrible wall of time investment.

Back when PoE just released everyone disliked the rewards given from bounties, most of the time because the rewards sucked or it wasn't worth the time to do it. This it the reason why PoE is not mandatory is because of how disconnected it is from actual progression. The problem that you set yourself in is implementing a high requirement: the missions calling out on any specific warframe/weapon that result on players having to get everything just so they're prepared when it shows up.

This is the glaring issue you need to address for this to work: the rewards must reflect this high condition, but at the same time cannot make the other players feel that it has high importance.

Not agree at all, Shepard gave a better alternative to that system, obviously it requires a specific type of players, that is the reason to make them optional.

5 minutes ago, Soviet47 said:

Not agree at all, Shepard gave a better alternative to that system, obviously it requires a specific type of players, that is the reason to make them optional.

His alternative is to randomize the gear players currently have. Is that idea still using "exclusive mission calling on a very specific warframe/weapon" as its foundation?

Edited by NekroArts

His alternative is to randomize the gear players currently have. Is that idea still using "exclusive mission calling on a very specific warframe/weapon" as its foundation?

That is why it is a discussion, ideas can be changed. My point is to encourage the random use of the equip and rewarding for that.

1 minute ago, Soviet47 said:

That is why it is a discussion, ideas can be changed. My point is to encourage the random use of the equip and rewarding for that.

I need to clarify then. Are we still on the topic of "exclusive missions having conditions to use very specific warframes/weapons" or are we on "upon selecting said exclusive mission it automatically randomizes your loadout"?

38 minutes ago, Soviet47 said:

Maybe not with random mods, but at least Warframe/weapons equip.

Only for brave tennos.

36 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Shepard264 said:

Well the mods don't have to be randomized, just the weapons and your warframe. Gimmicky? Sure. But I think the fun remains there. Idk, just a concept that is kinda fun to think about to me

Both have a point. Having the mission enemies balanced for just max rank non-moded frames and all equiped weapons makes sense. It's something that's relatively easy to balance for, all things considering. In fact it might give people a far more clear image of what weapons and frames are designed for if done often enough.

A long shot, I know. But one can dream! Can they not?

I need to clarify then. Are we still on the topic of "exclusive missions having conditions to use very specific warframes/weapons" or are we on "upon selecting said exclusive mission it automatically randomizes your loadout"?

you're right, i'll change that, thanks

Having missions to randomize the player's loadout is almost the only effective way to incentivize them to actually try new things rather than just for MR fodder. Those that are willing to do this with a large assortment of equipment would have a great experience while still allowing others to stay within their comfort zone. This is a good alternative to tailor towards all while giving something fun to do to those that desire open-variety gameplay.

Why missions?

Just add a "Randomize Loadout" on navigation/mission selection. Make any mission a challenge.

But after some though, there is a few problems.

• New players: don't have much to go from.
  • Mods: Not everyone has all mods, not everyone mods the same.

Of course, you could always recommend it as a "try out" mode, where weapons could get purely IPS dmg mods, dmg increase mods, and multishot mods. No ele, no reload,fire rate, syndicate, weapon specific, etc.

Warframes would probably get default mods like Vigor(yeah not Vitality, no Redirect), streamline, continuity, intensify, stretch, flow - non Primed variants, no augments, no Auras.

Same with companions, random as random, but basic mods, or base unmodded.

Same effect, just no losses for those who don't want to participate.

And of course, you want to get crazy you could pull it off on sortie (for the true hardcore nuts out there), just not if public please!

Edited by Souldend78
Forgot about Warframes and companions

1 hour ago, Souldend78 said:

Why missions?

Just add a "Randomize Loadout" on navigation/mission selection. Make any mission a challenge.

But after some though, there is a few problems.

• New players: don't have much to go from.
  • Mods: Not everyone has all mods, not everyone mods the same.

Of course, you could always recommend it as a "try out" mode, where weapons could get purely IPS dmg mods, dmg increase mods, and multishot mods. No ele, no reload,fire rate, syndicate, weapon specific, etc.

Same effect, just no losses for those who don't want to participate.

And of course, you want to get crazy you could pull it off on sortie (for the true hardcore nuts out there), just not if public please!

There is already a "Randomize Loadout" Button on the arsenal

You want to effectively punish players for collecting weapons (which is one of the main goals of this game)? Why should I be forced to a randomized load-out that may have my level 0 Dex Furis from an anniversary because of "challenge"? Restricting player choice is not challenge, adding meaningful content with learning curves provides challenge. Look at Eidolons. Sure players trivialized them like we do all content, but figuring out how to do the boss and defeat it is the challenge, not forcing you to run a Mag Prime Interception with nothing but a Lato and Fang Prime (for example).

I would like to say no. We already have sorties which restrict usage of gear at times, and sorties are just as easy as any other star-chart mission once you reach a point.

Edited by --Q--Voltage