The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender augment

This isn't feedback. It's a suggestion, and one that has already been considered and denied. It's not like there's some simple switch to flip Warframe's genders. DE would literally have to create new models and textures for every single Warframe (well, maybe not Equinox) and their prime variants. It would be an enormous amount of work for something that really wouldn't add much to the game.

6 minutes ago, Syvarin said:

This isn't feedback. It's a suggestion, and one that has already been considered and denied. It's not like there's some simple switch to flip Warframe's genders. DE would literally have to create new models and textures for every single Warframe (well, maybe not Equinox) and their prime variants. It would be an enormous amount of work for something that really wouldn't add much to the game.

This. Id rather have DE focus on creating assets for a new frame, wich adds new ways to play, than create alternate looks for alternate genders.

The only constructive suggestion i can give for this is that DE allows the community to create the alternate gender looks (Tennogen)

Edited by GordoFreeman

2 minutes ago, Syvarin said:

It only forces DE to be more creative with the new frames coming out, they would be able to just tac on gender to the same ability. Everybody know except to few frame sync game play mechanics we replaying the same character over in a different gender anyway just not by our choice, Truth be told. This would be great for DE creative wise. It will expand warframe development greatly while adding new fashion frame variants.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)MARXIANapparel said:

It only forces DE to be more creative with the new frames coming out, they would be able to just tac on gender to the same ability. Everybody know except to few frame sync game play mechanics we replaying the same character over in a different gender anyway just not by our choice, Truth be told. This would be great for DE creative wise. It will expand warframe development greatly while adding new fashion frame variants.

All it'll do is double the time it takes to release new frames while adding in new assets to preexisting frames.

Please explain more. I don't understand the "why" of doing this. Are you uncomfortable using warframes that are opposite your own gender? Do you have a great fashion look, for example, for Ember as a male or Ash as a female? I'm not totally against the idea, but it seems strange and I would never play my Chroma or Inaros as a "female" because those are my warframe hubbies.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)MARXIANapparel said:

DE already said is double work for almost no return, and they prefer to create new frames instead.

"It will expand warframe development greatly" yes, and thats the point, is more work on a team that is already working full time. "while adding new fashion frame variants" only one more variant. Dont get me wrong, the idea is good, is just that the costs of implementation are too much for so little return, and thats why i suggested tennogen as a viable solution

Part of the development of a game is considering what can be done with the limited resources the team has, in an ideal world all the options would be there, but realistically you have to pick and choose what you can do

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ZeepySea said:

Voice change, female operator with a male voice is a little weird. Unless I have missed the selection to change the voice.  I'm fairly new and just unlocked the operator, but didn't see an option to change the voice.

The operators are supposed to be like pre teens, where the sexual 2ndary characters are not as develop to clearly differentiate them by those, wich gives us androginous models to tweak for a slightly more feminine or masculine look (add voice for that too) but keeping them with a "neutral" look

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZeepySea said:

Voice change, female operator with a male voice is a little weird. Unless I have missed the selection to change the voice.  I'm fairly new and just unlocked the operator, but didn't see an option to change the voice.

There is a separate tab called "Heron", if i'm not mistaken. It is there, by default.

Edited by Korusagi

Basically, you want DE to design and animate 2 complete and separate models for every 1 set of abilities.

That's a lot of work for basically no payoff. My advice is to be less insecure about your own identity and just enjoy the damn frame.

Speaking from my experience with TERA, if you get too hung up on your character's gender, you're not gonna have a good time at all compared to playing a character/class for their actual kit. If I were so insistent on playing only characters of my own gender, I'd have never discovered how fun Gunners, Ninjas, Brawlers, and Valkyries were, and as far as this game is concerned I'd be stuck playing one third as many Warframes as I do now.

Edited by Dreddeth
clarification