Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Failure Imminent annoyance

Colobrinus

i find it extremely annoying when in a boss fight that is taking a long time the message comes up "mission failure imminent:eliminate all enemies" this even happens in junction and overall it is just super dumb, you're half way through beating a boss after trying for the 5th time aaaaand you have to kill it in 30 seconds all of a sudden. I understand that it was meant to stop AFK players but it doesn't do that job and is just a nuisance. If not from all game modes, at least remove this from junctions.

Have you set your game to solo? 

There used to be an issue where even this would let AFK measures trigger, but I don't think that's the case anymore. 

When learning spy routes, fighting Junction bosses and so forth it's just as well to make sure you have all the time you need. 

In all my time playing Warframe I have never seen this mission failure imminent message pop up. Do you have to take, like, half an hour fighting a boss or something? This isn't something as far as I'm aware that should happen normally.

Edited by Vryheid

@Vryheid  I've seen it a fair number of times when I've just been poking around, admiring the scenery or trying different routes for spy missions. Not recently, however, specifically because I always put my mission in solo before doing so. Hence my question to the OP.

AFAIK AFK measures shouldn't trigger in solo missions anymore, but if they do you're right that there's a problem which needs a bug report.  

26 minutes ago, Vryheid said:

In all my time playing Warframe I have never seen this mission failure imminent message pop up. Do you have to take, like, half an hour fighting a boss or something? This isn't something as far as I'm aware that should happen normally.

I think most the missions have sort of a background timer and I do think it is something like 30min or so, maybe more I've only run into it once when I was poking around Lua Spy trying to figure out what even was going on, never made it past the first vault before it failed me. It was extremely frustrating for me because I was trying to figure those vaults out blind. 

I don't think it is so much for AFK players as much as they are trying to curb people potentially farming massive amounts of resources in non-endless missions. By either never completing the objective or completing the objective and then not extracting for hours.

Edited by Oreades

On 07/01/2018 at 9:51 PM, Oreades said:

I think most the missions have sort of a background timer and I do think it is something like 30min or so, maybe more I've only run into it once when I was poking around Lua Spy trying to figure out what even was going on, never made it past the first vault before it failed me. It was extremely frustrating for me because I was trying to figure those vaults out blind. 

I don't think it is so much for AFK players as much as they are trying to curb people potentially farming massive amounts of resources in non-endless missions. By either never completing the objective or completing the objective and then not extracting for hours.

If they aren't AFK farming I don't see the issue. Pretty sure drop rates get better the longer you go in endless missions, at least for the rare materials (and why the hell would you farm the non-rare stuff?). So for farming a long Excavation or so seems quite a bit more efficient...

On 2018-01-07 at 12:53 PM, Colobrinus said:

i find it extremely annoying when in a boss fight that is taking a long time the message comes up "mission failure imminent:eliminate all enemies" this even happens in junction and overall it is just super dumb, you're half way through beating a boss after trying for the 5th time aaaaand you have to kill it in 30 seconds all of a sudden. I understand that it was meant to stop AFK players but it doesn't do that job and is just a nuisance. If not from all game modes, at least remove this from junctions.

What boss is taking you more then a min to get to and more then 30 to kill? Lephantis with the bug is the only boss i know of where this can happen. as far as i know as long as you complete mission objectives first there is not timer unless it's a sabotage. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)IXx Troy xXI said:

What boss is taking you more then a min to get to and more then 30 to kill? Lephantis with the bug is the only boss i know of where this can happen. as far as i know as long as you complete mission objectives first there is not timer unless it's a sabotage. 

Took me more than 30 minutes to solo Phorid on  Sortie 3 with operator only   - about 45 min IIRC.  Prob could have been a bit faster but was being very careful to never get killed since my frame was all the way back at spawn.

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

Took me more than 30 minutes to solo Phorid on  Sortie 3 with operator only   - about 45 min IIRC.  Prob could have been a bit faster but was being very careful to never get killed since my frame was all the way back at spawn.

What's the benefit of soloing a boss in a sortie? I do really want to know.

Not sure how the operator only works but could you have not switch to warframe closer to boss before activating it? 

If you have to kill with operator then you just run to boss and then switch. 

mid you have to run whole mission with operator then well.....i wouldn't do missions. 

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)IXx Troy xXI said:

What's the benefit of soloing a boss in a sortie? I do really want to know.

Not sure how the operator only works but could you have not switch to warframe closer to boss before activating it? 

If you have to kill with operator then you just run to boss and then switch. 

mid you have to run whole mission with operator then well.....i wouldn't do missions. 

I almost always do sorties solo - generally faster and easier.   The only exception is if i'm feeling lazy and hoping to jump into a squad on a defense or survival where they are already several minutes and/or waves in.

As for the operator - I was doing the entire sortie 1->3 operator only - If at any point i got killed as operator, I aborted the mission and started over.  1st was Spy - took 2 tries - both times was a stupid mistake on my part. 2nd was rescue - got him in one try, and last was Phorid assasinate - took 2 tries (the first attempt I was simply trying to void dash displace him off the map into the pit which worked great for regular enemies/trash mob but I couldn't make him budge :/   ).  Running to the boss in my warframe would have been cheating.

On 2018-01-09 at 9:58 PM, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

I almost always do sorties solo - generally faster and easier.   The only exception is if i'm feeling lazy and hoping to jump into a squad on a defense or survival where they are already several minutes and/or waves in.

As for the operator - I was doing the entire sortie 1->3 operator only - If at any point i got killed as operator, I aborted the mission and started over.  1st was Spy - took 2 tries - both times was a stupid mistake on my part. 2nd was rescue - got him in one try, and last was Phorid assasinate - took 2 tries (the first attempt I was simply trying to void dash displace him off the map into the pit which worked great for regular enemies/trash mob but I couldn't make him budge :/   ).  Running to the boss in my warframe would have been cheating.

so this was your own challenge then?

On 09/01/2018 at 7:39 PM, (Xbox One)IXx Troy xXI said:

Valkyr spectre is one, such high armour and hysteria, dying doesn't stop the timer. Its still a pointless feature tho.