Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hammers and Nails (OOC)

InfiniumV

11 hours ago, Disruptis said:

@InfiniumV I updated the app with the info, do I have the go to start IC?

With everything considered, Aye, you do - Make your entrance post at your earliest convenience.
I'll clear your sword & board, the Lamina and Clypeum.

9 hours ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Ok... Wow... I did not realise how much I messed up... Thank you for putting me into my place here.

To answer your problems:

1. That's ok. I was just asking, at any rate. He'll stay as a Zariamn Tenno then.

2. I'm not a new person to RPing, but I haven't done many Semi-Lit/Lit RPs, so that's where that problem came in.

3. I did apoligise as I had not realised about the OOC thread. I said it there and I'll say it again. I'm sorry and I did not mean to ruin the IC. ;^;

4. That's ok. It'll just be Mesa then.

5. Since he's staying as a Zariman Tenno, his age will be 16

6. *nervous chuckle* Gimme a day. I'll get it done. I promise. STORY TIME!

1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 are answered above, but to answer 5...

Well... This is awkward... Can I say his boyfriend? Please don't hate me...

I promise that I will fix this. I really want to join this RP so... yeah... Gimme a day...

Also... Idk how to delete posts...

We will see, then.
I await your backstory and updated app.

1 minute ago, (PS4)SuperShadic445 said:

I haven't been to the discord in ages. Does anything happen over there or has it just devolved into memes like almost all of the Discords I'm apart of do (not that I'm complaining. I could always use more memes for the meme stash). 

Memey as always.
I would always like more questions though ^^

On 02/03/2018 at 7:17 AM, WilcotheWolf said:

-snip (new OC)-

Please say there’s more. No seriously. It still feels a bit underwhelming. 

Oh and where’s the backstory? I’m pretty sure @InfiniumV would want to see it, unless you’ve not finished. Which is fine, you can take your time.

If you want a good example of a backstory, I would look at Arunafeltz’s backstory for Forte Luxe. Here, have a read:

Spoiler

Forte is one of two children between Serre Cade and Darryn Luxe. Her mother was a prominent geneticist and researcher in Dr Intehb’s Kubrow incubation facility on Jupiter, while her father commanded a Corpus outfit of elite salvage and rescue agents. Inspired by the retrievers and sniffer canines of an ancient era, her mother resigned and sought to continue her research into Kubrow genetics on her own, and dealt with Tenno to procure the material and specimens she needed to complete it. The family managed to secure their own Incubator segments and equipment, and with it began to raise and train Kubrows for use in their outfit’s operations. Darryn Luxe had high hopes for his daughter, and taught her personally from the tender(by Corpus standards) age of seventeen to be his successor in the field one day. Plucked from the gruelling education and conditioning of business inheritance that most Corpus youths her age generally face, she eagerly immersed herself in her new surroundings and expectations. By the age of twenty-nine, she had nineteen accomplished missions under her belt, most of them with her Kubrow by her side.

The outfit’s success in small-scale, private operations began to draw unwanted attention over the past few years. A sponsor of Dr Intehb’s Kubrow genetic research set Darryn up with an ill-fated contract - to board and save a cargo vessel suffering from a supposed oxygen leak, on autopilot to Venus while the crew were placed in stasis. The operation was a disaster, with their gas tanker mysteriously exploding upon boarding. All of their outfit’s on-board crew perished except Darryn, whose Kubrow had already led him into the cargo vessel’s gas cycling plant after sniffing out an apparent fire. With his tanker ship obliterated and oxygen supplies rapidly depleting, he forced the vessel into an atmospheric dive, crashing it into a far-flung Venusian irrigated trench and rendering it irrecoverable. Darryn survived by low-altitude escape pod, but was quickly arrested and imprisoned, pending numerous lawsuits that would send him beyond bankruptcy. His spouse fared little better in his absence - being sued for damages to her former employer’s biological research, and thrown into a different prison far away from him.

That was three weeks ago. Left without her parents, every friend she had ever known except her loyal Kubrow and with only her older brother as a legal custodian, the all-too-young Forte faced an insurmountable amount of debt, and the hostile world she owed it to. After days of tears, whitened knuckles, hammering on walls and heated arguments with the only family she had left, she decided that she had wallowed in despair for about long enough. Her brother was right - the first step was to bail their father out and conduct their own investigations into the tragedy that had befallen their livelihood. To do that, they needed credits. A lot of it.

And not so far away from their tiny little civillian craft, from some salvage yards in a certain Venus sector, that was exactly what a new client was offering.

Alternatively, you can look at my own backstory for my character, Zan, which I assume kinda has the same thing as yours, in that they lose someone they are emotionally attached to, in this case Zan with his sister.

Spoiler

Zan was the son in what he would want as a model family: a loving, supporting mother, a hard-working but caring father, and an amazing sister. However it all changed when his father was invited along with his mother and himself to go explore the Void in the Zariman Ten Zero and his sister was taken away from him, by the damned Orokin. His parents were the first of the many adults to go deranged on that ship, and Zan had to do terrible things on that ship to survive... 

By the time the Zariman was found, Zan was the one of the only ones left. Zan thought it had been a nightmare, but there were far worst things that would happen to him. He along with his sister were turned into killing machines. When Zan was put to sleep, the last thing he saw was his sister, comforting him in a Valkyr suit.

Years pass, and Zan finally wakes, in a pod on Earth, before finding his sister, and the two became inseparable once more. 

Until one day, on War, Mars...

His sister thought they should accept someone’s bounty, and so set off to go kill the bounty, but it was nothing like Zan imagined would happen. His sister charged in, but the bounty anticipated her moves, dodging her. Then it drove his hammer, straight through her, all whilst Zan was watching, petrified at the sight. He knew it was all over. Enraged, he killed the bounty, and went on a rampage of blood, sweat, and tears that lasted weeks. Only when his Cephalon, Karen, and his Helminth Charger stopped him could he finish his rampage. He then meditated for some days, trying to find peace for him, and for her. 

Hope I helped. 

- Enderman

Edited by EndermanBeast

2 hours ago, EndermanBeast said:

Please say there’s more. No seriously. It still feels a bit underwhelming. 

Oh and where’s the backstory? I’m pretty sure @InfiniumV would want to see it, unless you’ve not finished. Which is fine, you can take your time.

If you want a good example of a backstory, I would look at Arunafeltz’s backstory for Forte Luxe. Here, have a read:

Reveal hidden contents

Forte is one of two children between Serre Cade and Darryn Luxe. Her mother was a prominent geneticist and researcher in Dr Intehb’s Kubrow incubation facility on Jupiter, while her father commanded a Corpus outfit of elite salvage and rescue agents. Inspired by the retrievers and sniffer canines of an ancient era, her mother resigned and sought to continue her research into Kubrow genetics on her own, and dealt with Tenno to procure the material and specimens she needed to complete it. The family managed to secure their own Incubator segments and equipment, and with it began to raise and train Kubrows for use in their outfit’s operations. Darryn Luxe had high hopes for his daughter, and taught her personally from the tender(by Corpus standards) age of seventeen to be his successor in the field one day. Plucked from the gruelling education and conditioning of business inheritance that most Corpus youths her age generally face, she eagerly immersed herself in her new surroundings and expectations. By the age of twenty-nine, she had nineteen accomplished missions under her belt, most of them with her Kubrow by her side.

The outfit’s success in small-scale, private operations began to draw unwanted attention over the past few years. A sponsor of Dr Intehb’s Kubrow genetic research set Darryn up with an ill-fated contract - to board and save a cargo vessel suffering from a supposed oxygen leak, on autopilot to Venus while the crew were placed in stasis. The operation was a disaster, with their gas tanker mysteriously exploding upon boarding. All of their outfit’s on-board crew perished except Darryn, whose Kubrow had already led him into the cargo vessel’s gas cycling plant after sniffing out an apparent fire. With his tanker ship obliterated and oxygen supplies rapidly depleting, he forced the vessel into an atmospheric dive, crashing it into a far-flung Venusian irrigated trench and rendering it irrecoverable. Darryn survived by low-altitude escape pod, but was quickly arrested and imprisoned, pending numerous lawsuits that would send him beyond bankruptcy. His spouse fared little better in his absence - being sued for damages to her former employer’s biological research, and thrown into a different prison far away from him.

That was three weeks ago. Left without her parents, every friend she had ever known except her loyal Kubrow and with only her older brother as a legal custodian, the all-too-young Forte faced an insurmountable amount of debt, and the hostile world she owed it to. After days of tears, whitened knuckles, hammering on walls and heated arguments with the only family she had left, she decided that she had wallowed in despair for about long enough. Her brother was right - the first step was to bail their father out and conduct their own investigations into the tragedy that had befallen their livelihood. To do that, they needed credits. A lot of it.

And not so far away from their tiny little civillian craft, from some salvage yards in a certain Venus sector, that was exactly what a new client was offering.

Alternatively, you can look at my own backstory for my character, Zan, which I assume kinda has the same thing as yours, in that they lose someone they are emotionally attached to, in this case Zan with his sister.

Reveal hidden contents

Zan was the son in what he would want as a model family: a loving, supporting mother, a hard-working but caring father, and an amazing sister. However it all changed when his father was invited along with his mother and himself to go explore the Void in the Zariman Ten Zero and his sister was taken away from him, by the damned Orokin. His parents were the first of the many adults to go deranged on that ship, and Zan had to do terrible things on that ship to survive... 

By the time the Zariman was found, Zan was the one of the only ones left. Zan thought it had been a nightmare, but there were far worst things that would happen to him. He along with his sister were turned into killing machines. When Zan was put to sleep, the last thing he saw was his sister, comforting him in a Valkyr suit.

Years pass, and Zan finally wakes, in a pod on Earth, before finding his sister, and the two became inseparable once more. 

Until one day, on War, Mars...

His sister thought they should accept someone’s bounty, and so set off to go kill the bounty, but it was nothing like Zan imagined would happen. His sister charged in, but the bounty anticipated her moves, dodging her. Then it drove his hammer, straight through her, all whilst Zan was watching, petrified at the sight. He knew it was all over. Enraged, he killed the bounty, and went on a rampage of blood, sweat, and tears that lasted weeks. Only when his Cephalon, Karen, and his Helminth Charger stopped him could he finish his rampage. He then meditated for some days, trying to find peace for him, and for her. 

Hope I helped. 

- Enderman

I sent the Backstory to InfiniumV personally yesterday (for me at least), unless you would rather it as part of my app. I like your backstory, though I set mine in short story format as to his loss... I don't think I did it right...

In terms of it being underwhelming, any pointers? also, what aspects are underwhelming? I know my app isn't the best...

Edited by WilcotheWolf

42 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

I sent the Backstory to InfiniumV personally yesterday (for me at least), unless you would rather it as part of my app.

In terms of it being underwhelming, any pointers? also, what aspects are underwhelming? I know my app isn't the best...

It just seemed a bit short for me, despite it being much better than the original in terms of length, and it felt generic at times. For example : 

On 02/03/2018 at 7:17 AM, WilcotheWolf said:

Weaponry: Boltor, AkStiletto and Venka. All Three use Warframe colours. He uses the Boltor as he prefers using bolts to bullets, also he loves its look. AkStiletto, because he prefers using dual weapons then single pistols of any sort. Venka, because, it's claws. He loves melee weapons of the hand kind, especially if he can be brutal.

Another problem is what are the “Warframe colours”? You mean default Mesa? Please specify.

I’m not saying it’s bad however (Its actually really good, despite the little nitpicks here and there.) , and it could be worth another look from @Agent_Maine or @InfiniumV since they’re much better at this than me. (This is my first RP so...)

I would personally like to see your backstory, because it makes it feel more of an actual person rather than some text on a screen, but you don’t have to give it to me publicly. Just send me a PM on the forums, and I’ll see if it’s okay.

Edited by EndermanBeast

On 3/2/2018 at 6:17 PM, WilcotheWolf said:

Name: Wilco

Apparent Age: 30 (Zariman Tenno)

Actual Age: 16 (Zariman Tenno)

Appearance: Black all over with a grey chest area. He perfers any sort of mission, though he prefers doing support and spy type missions as his colour scheme is great for stealth missions, and just because he prefers supporting/flanking to brutal frontal assault, except for when he has to.

Personality: Quiet, mischevious and smart, joyful and a generally happy person to hang with, also loyal, honorable and cares about squadmates/friends. Willing to sacrifice himself to save his friends/squadmates, as he is a person who wants to complete the mission, even at the cost of his life. He's quiet because he ponders about what he could've done differently on that mission.

Affiliation: Mostly themselves but does mercenary work to earn money, contracts to get moaney and loot, and was in a military at one stage. Helped some Grinner and Corpus in certain missions, though he hated it very much, but it helped his reputation.

Modus Operandi: To get money, work with new people and find more Tenno to probably do missions with. Also to find ways to avenge his loved ones death. He mainly does it just for the money and loot, but is always an open sort of person if he trusts you, though he does have his issues.

Personal Equipment: Mesa  Warframe, has an Engagement Ring on right hand from when he was with his loved one. The Ring is a brown colour, refering to his loved ones Warframe colour. He still wears it as a reminder of him, as he can't be bothered to remove it.

Weaponry: Boltor, AkStiletto and Venka. All Three use Warframe colours. He uses the Boltor as he prefers using bolts to bullets, also he loves its look. AkStiletto, because he prefers using dual weapons then single pistols of any sort. Venka, because, it's claws. He loves melee weapons of the hand kind, especially if he can be brutal.

Companions: Taxon with Artax Ice Beam, uses Warframe colours. He prefers Taxon for the shield aspect of it, though he is willing to use different companions if he has to, for certain missions.

(Again, if I've stuffed up, boot me if you want, but Hopefully this is better. @InfiniumV

I'll send my backstory to you via DM, so I don't have to show it here.)

Alright, let's take a look at your OC:

1. You appear to not understand the age aspect of your character. "Apparent Age" refers to what age he appears to be, whereas "Actual Age" refers to how old he actually is. Zariman Tenno have been around for potentially millennia (we don't know how many centuries it's been since the Orokin Era), so your character can't be sixteen years old. If anything, sixteen is the age he should appear to be, due to the Zariman Tenno decelerated aging. His apparent age definitely cannot be thirty, considering all the Zariman Tenno are around 19 or under in appearance. They're called the Zariman Children for a reason.
  2. I agree with Enderman about the lack of descriptive detail. Explanations such as "because, it's claws" aren't particularly descriptive. Explain why Wilco likes claws? Describe why he chose them, if you want that to be pointed out. This lack of descriptive detail extends to his appearance as well. For example, "Black all over with a grey chest area." What exactly is black all over with a grey chest area? His warframe? His Operator suit? Please input more descriptive details.
  3. Again, a backstory would be nice. You don't have to post your massive 'short story' backstory you have described, just put something in so we know more about and can understand your character. It doesn't have to include details you want to reveal later in the RP, just something so we know where your character came from, what he's doing, etc.

These are the major problems I have encountered while reading your OC, and if you fix them, then you'll have a potentially good OC. Please excuse me if I missed any problems, I've only woken up very recently (it's morning in Australia here).

Edited by Agent_Maine

5 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

Alright, let's take a look at your OC:

1. You appear to not understand the age aspect of your character. "Apparent Age" refers to what age he appears to be, whereas "Actual Age" refers to how old he actually is. Zariman Tenno have been around for potentially millennia (we don't know how many centuries it's been since the Orokin Era), so your character can't be sixteen years old. If anything, sixteen is the age he should appear to be, due to the Zariman Tenno decelerated aging. His apparent age definitely cannot be thirty, considering all the Zariman Tenno are around 19 or under in appearance. They're called the Zariman Children for a reason.
  2. I agree with Enderman about the lack of descriptive detail. Explanations such as "because, it's claws" aren't particularly descriptive. Explain why Wilco likes claws? Describe why he chose them, if you want that to be pointed out. This lack of descriptive detail extends to his appearance as well. For example, "Black all over with a grey chest area." What exactly is black all over with a grey chest area? His warframe? His Operator suit? Please input more descriptive details.
  3. Again, a backstory would be nice. You don't have to post your massive 'short story' backstory you have described, just put something in so we know more about and can understand your character. It doesn't have to include details you want to reveal later in the RP, just something so we know where your character came from, what he's doing, etc.

These are the major problems I have encountered while reading your OC, and if you fix them, then you'll have a potentially good OC. Please excuse me if I missed any problems, I've only woken up very recently (it's morning in Australia here).

6 hours ago, EndermanBeast said:

It just seemed a bit short for me, despite it being much better than the original in terms of length, and it felt generic at times. For example : 

Another problem is what are the “Warframe colours”? You mean default Mesa? Please specify.

I’m not saying it’s bad however (Its actually really good, despite the little nitpicks here and there.) , and it could be worth another look from @Agent_Maine or @InfiniumV since they’re much better at this than me. (This is my first RP so...)

I would personally like to see your backstory, because it makes it feel more of an actual person rather than some text on a screen, but you don’t have to give it to me publicly. Just send me a PM on the forums, and I’ll see if it’s okay.

I'll send the short story to both of you.

The Warframe colours are the black all over with a grey chest area colour description I said earlier.  They apply to both his Operator Suit and Warframe.

I'll edit it again now.

BTW @Agent_Maine Yee! Fellow Aussie Tenno! Lemme guess... you on WA time?

On 3/2/2018 at 6:17 PM, WilcotheWolf said:

Name: Wilco

Apparent Age: 16 (Zariman Tenno)

Actual Age: ?? (Zariman Tenno)

Appearance: Black all over with a grey chest area for both Operator Suit and Warframe. He prefers any sort of mission, though he prefers doing support and spy type missions as his colour scheme is great for stealth missions, and just because he prefers supporting/flanking to brutal frontal assault, except for when he has to.

Personality: Quiet, mischevious and smart, joyful and a generally happy person to hang with, also loyal, honorable and cares about squadmates/friends. Willing to sacrifice himself to save his friends/squadmates, as he is a person who wants to complete the mission, even at the cost of his life. He's quiet because he ponders about what he could've done differently on that mission.

Affiliation: Mostly themselves but does mercenary work to earn money, contracts to get moaney and loot, and was in a military at one stage. Helped some Grinner and Corpus in certain missions, though he hated it very much, but it helped his reputation.

Modus Operandi: To get money, work with new people and find more Tenno to probably do missions with. Also to find ways to avenge his loved ones death. He mainly does it just for the money and loot, but is always an open sort of person if he trusts you, though he does have his issues.

Personal Equipment: Mesa  Warframe, has an Engagement Ring on right hand from when he was with his loved one. The Ring is a brown colour, referring to his loved ones Warframe colour, which was a shiny brown of sorts. He still wears it as a reminder of him, as he can't be bothered to remove it.

Weaponry: Boltor, AkStiletto and Venka. All Three use Warframe colours (See Description). He uses the Boltor as he prefers using bolts to bullets, also he loves its look, because of the design of the rifle itself and the way it seems to flow so smoothly, compared to some other weapons.. AkStiletto, because he prefers using dual weapons then single pistols of any sort. Also, to move from the Gunslinger style mold of the like, he chose these auto dual pistols, instead of a semi single pistols, meaning that he can deal damage faster, but not as useful during some firefights. Venka, because, it's claws. He chooses them because he loves to rush in at times and mess anyone up face-to-face, which is why he opts for claws, not swords or Pole-type melee weapons. He loves melee weapons of the hand kind, because he can be brutal.

Companions: Taxon with Artax Ice Beam, uses Warframe colours (See Description). He prefers Taxon for the shield aspect of it, though he is willing to use different companions if he has to, for certain missions.

It seems that your new edit of your OC is good. I've read the backstory of your OC which you've PM'd me, and I'm happy with the level of detail you've written in. I can't see any problems with your OC now, and I can see that you won't do any one-line posts. I am fine with your OC, now. Just wait until InfiniumV clears you, and then you can post.

I know this is a bit odd to put in here, but do any of you have Ignis Wraith research in your clan? I'm trying to get one without having to pay 20+ platinum for it.

EDIT: This should be obvious, but it needs to be on PC. No XBox or PS4 clans.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

3 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I know this is a bit odd to put in here, but do any of you have Ignis Wraith research in your clan? I'm trying to get one without having to pay 20+ platinum for it.

EDIT: This should be obvious, but it needs to be on PC. No XBox or PS4 clans.

Wrong place. This is role playing, not Player helping Players

@Disruptis, might want to edit your IC post. Infinium has a rule against identifying speech via color:

One more thing - I know its a thing some people fancy and prefer it to proper word-work, but please refrain from having character speech being identified by different colors! It just throws the attention off a bit after finding something Technicolor amongst the talking and speeches, and we've also got another factor to keep in mind - that Perilous Die worry about too! So please, refrain from having characters identified by the color of their speech!

10 hours ago, Disruptis said:

Also @InfiniumV are you waiting for me to do a little more before responding to me or have you just not got there yet?

If you feel inclined to add more detail to your post, by all means go ahead!
But when you posted your IC post, I was working through the responses to the other ones - To that end, however, I hope you can forgive me for making you wait until the next one - Me brain-matter isn't what I'd call reliable.

11 hours ago, InfiniumV said:
Spoiler

If you feel inclined to add more detail to your post, by all means go ahead!
But when you posted your IC post, I was working through the responses to the other ones - To that end, however, I hope you can forgive me for making you wait until the next one - Me brain-matter isn't what I'd call reliable.

Ye I thought that was the reason, dw about it. :P

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, samuelx43a said:

*Beep*

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:44 AM, EndermanBeast said:

*Beep*

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, DeathInDesguise456 said:

*Beep*

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:29 AM, Disruptis said:

*Beep*

Whole reason I'm pinging you all is that when I do, or have posted, It takes a while for you to respond, in some cases, at all.

All I request is that you tick the Follow this Page option for the IC of Hammers & Nails - I'm not going to try quoting specific responses because half the time my browser shafts any post I try to quote anyone in, and even if I do manage to successfully quote something, it makes any editing a literal nightmare as the lag is multiplicative. Doing the aforementioned "Follow this Page" for the IC would alert you to any activity, so at the very least you'd be able to keep up with recent activity.

Now for a more sobering post.

As for everyone else, I imagine I have disappointed and to a point, angered you all with my inability to provide content within a reasonable timeframe.
For that, I apologise - You all have already invested quite a bit and I've failed to even get past the introductory phase, so any anger would also by proxy, be justified.

Is this a "I quit post"? Absolutely not. As said before, you've put your trust in me as a DM and invested time and creative thought into your posts, and even though right now I'm in a state of creative drought, I still feel obliged to entertain you in this dreary RP of mine.

If you've any feelings that I'm letting you down or suchlike, You're more than welcome to voice them, but to that end I will leave a link to the Think Tank, the respective channel that oversees Hammers & Nails, or any RP I end up trying to host for that matter. Whether for chatting, questions or memery, you're welcome there.
https://discord.gg/x9nMtuE

And as a final tribute, please accept this smol birb

8 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

So... That's it? Or will H+N still be running? Cause I'm waiting on your response on my 3rd Backstory... @InfiniumV

Infinium states clearly in the post that he isn't quitting.

Is this a "I quit post"? Absolutely not.

Hammers and Nails will still be continuing.