Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Prime or frost prime?

(XBOX)Dragon6242

Question

15 answers to this question

Nekros Prime is better tank with combination of  Health Conversion , Shield of Shadows and Despoil.

Despoil makes Nekros to spend health for each desecrate and losing health allows to gain Health Conversion stacks with HP orbs ( 450 armor per stack , total of 1350 armor ).

Also Shield of Shadows give damage reduction for per Shadow linked to Nekros ( capped at 90% reduction ).

it depends greatly on how they are built and what you are trying to do with them. Frost is a defense mission tank and can lock down an objective whereas nekros can be a farming frame and can tank well.  I use my nekros pretty exclusively as a farming frame mostly because there are other tank frames that do it better. (Inaros/Valkyr/etc.).  

depends on your mission level and what you are fighting against.

at lower level hands down frost is better.

at high level nekros is better.

why ?

at low level, you got vitality steel fibre, nothing can break your shield. And avalance is good CC

but

shiel dof shadow and nekros 4th skill wins at high level because it scales up with enemies level.

1 hour ago, rudman88 said:

shiel dof shadow and nekros 4th skill wins at high level because it scales up with enemies level

What do you mean?

The damage reduction % per linked shadow doesn't increase with enemy / shadow level
(and enemy Health / Armor vs damage output scaling is skewed thus that
higher-level shadows aren't really gonna deal massive damage relative to enemy Health at that point).

If you're talking about how Snow Globe is too weak for higher levels,
you might want to change your build into a max Efficiency one,
to allow stacking Globes complete with absorb periods during which enemy fire makes the Globe stronger
(which actually makes this ability scale with enemy level, funnily enough).

On 1/14/2018 at 8:34 PM, Aeon94 said:

Nekros Prime is better tank with combination of  Health Conversion , Shield of Shadows and Despoil.

Despoil makes Nekros to spend health for each desecrate and losing health allows to gain Health Conversion stacks with HP orbs ( 450 armor per stack , total of 1350 armor ).

Also Shield of Shadows give damage reduction for per Shadow linked to Nekros ( capped at 90% reduction ).

Is there any other ways to get those 3 mods besides through simaris and the syndicates?

It all  depance how you use frost I mean bubble and awallanch can make him survive longer you can freeze enemies kill them put a bubble down to regen health ect to give few secs for your self 

Nekros with a good build he is tank shadows will distract enemies from you gives you extra survivability ect 

It all depends how you use them as tank 

Tank = Nekros

Defensive = Frost

I have never thought of Frost as "tanky" but rather a frame that can take and hold a location very well.

Where as with Nekros, built right, can be very tanky and generally all around be useful on a team. 

Two different play-styles, I would do both, Frost for Def,interception, mobile defense etc and Nekros for survival, elim, and etc, or at least think on what style to prefer. 

On 1/15/2018 at 7:56 AM, NinjaZeku said:

What do you mean?

The damage reduction % per linked shadow doesn't increase with enemy / shadow level
(and enemy Health / Armor vs damage output scaling is skewed thus that
higher-level shadows aren't really gonna deal massive damage relative to enemy Health at that point).

If you're talking about how Snow Globe is too weak for higher levels,
you might want to change your build into a max Efficiency one,
to allow stacking Globes complete with absorb periods during which enemy fire makes the Globe stronger
(which actually makes this ability scale with enemy level, funnily enough).

How do I get my globes to have an absorb period

13 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Press 3.

:D

Every time you cast Snow Globe, there's a (flat) 4 second period during which
the Globe will be invulnerable and absorb enemy fire straight into its Health.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Frost/Abilities

Ohhh ok thanks didn't know thats how it worked 

Edited by (XB1)Dragon6242