The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Mobs Should Be Able To See Invisible.

Setill

^ agree with the above post

BUT I think that instead of making some of them seeing invisible unit, adjusting enemies attacks to cause damage to invisible tenno should be more propriate.

Some atacks still cause damage to invisible Tenno...Like a few rounds of MOA beam....

OT:

That's actually a good base for a new infested specie, one that specifically counters shading, Loki, and Ash. :D

I'm not sure about one per faction though, Corpus might get it, but questionable on weapons heavy Grineer.

While we're at it, why not units with their own stealth? ;D Coming from Grineer and Corpus factions, their stealth breaks when they attack (much like Shade) but they can fade out every minute or so if left unhindered. :D

SURPRISE BULLETS ON YOUR BACK.

There should be a few sensor type enemies (like a specific type of osprey for example) that don't attack but exist solely to detect and alert other enemies to your presense. They could even have a role in regular combat situations giving the enemies more strategic battle information or something allowing them to have some sort of advantage over the tenno, making cover less useful and whatnot.

Invisibility takes a second or so to drop aggro and doesn't hide your sentinel..

Smokescreen lasts as long as a bowl of chocolate at a 5 year olds birthday.

Ghost is iffy at the best of times.

I'd rather 'see' enemies capable of invisibility. 

Infested Hunters

Grineer Ghosts

Corpus Spectres

If there was a specific enemy that could 'spot' you to kill your invis? Sure.

Like - imagine an Elite version of the Grineer Sniper. She'd enter a sort of 'aim mode' where her range and accuracy suddenly get really crazy, but a long red or green laserlight shines from her barrel.

Then you make it so that the laserlight - if it touches a cloaked frame - decloaks them. So while she can't actually SEE you she can still kill your cloak as she trails her laser around a room.

It'd be a neat enemy mechanic.

Like - imagine an Elite version of the Grineer Sniper. She'd enter a sort of 'aim mode' where her range and accuracy suddenly get really crazy, but a long red or green laserlight shines from her barrel.

Then you make it so that the laserlight - if it touches a cloaked frame - decloaks them. So while she can't actually SEE you she can still kill your cloak as she trails her laser around a room.

I'd like you to precise more on that, Blatantfool:

Kill the cloak, as in debuff my "2" skill as Loki

or

Kill the cloaked, as in shooting/attacking/oneshotting me? 

No matter what, I'd just alter my Loki-gameplay a bit, say picking out those mobs before I rush through :)

When I go Loki, the whole enemy-base never knows im there, so they are not "aiming" or "scanning" for me at any given time.

I'd like you to precise more on that, Blatantfool:

Kill the cloak, as in debuff my "2" skill as Loki

or

Kill the cloaked, as in shooting/attacking/oneshotting me? 

No matter what, I'd just alter my Loki-gameplay a bit, say picking out those mobs before I rush through :)

When I go Loki, the whole enemy-base never knows im there, so they are not "aiming" or "scanning" for me at any given time.

As in - on contact with a cloaked player the cloak effect would end.

The enemy's lasersight would simply uncloak you. Be it Loki's 2 or a Shade.

I suppose a Corpus elite-class unit should have the ability to see through cloak (infra-red sensors or something). It fits the lore for the Corpus to have this kind of tech. Though it shouldn't be any of the existing units, that's for sure.

With this dumb AI it would be irrelevant and easy to counter.