Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If these frames are getting unvaulted why are they still so much?

(PSN)obed2004

5 minutes ago, NZ_CodeBlue said:

Don't pretend that you will lower your price if you own one of these frames for sell when it get announce that it will be unvaulted.

I for one is saving all the complete sets for the warframe primes and will try sell them in 6 months after they get vaulted.
And I will not lower my price just because they're getting unvaulted in a month.

No, but I'd expect buyers to be less willing to fork out. Tbh unless I saw someone offer my asking price up front, I'd not bother selling until at least the timeframe you mentioned.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Bieltan said:

No, but I'd expect buyers to be less willing to fork out. Tbh unless I saw someone offer my asking price up front, I'd not bother selling until at least the timeframe you mentioned.

You are right, but there's still a small number that can't wait or have limited time on their hands.

My mate who only had 2 moths to play, bought Ember Prime on December cause he will be on when Ember gets unvaulted, and I can't promise to farm them for him since I will be busy around that time as well.

But nonetheless, sellers will want as much as they can get for the "rare / limited" item they have. 

4 minutes ago, NZ_CodeBlue said:

You are right, but there's still a small number that can't wait or have limited time on their hands.

My mate who only had 2 moths to play, bought Ember Prime on December cause he will be on when Ember gets unvaulted, and I can't promise to farm them for him since I will be busy around that time as well.

But nonetheless, sellers will want as much as they can get for the "rare / limited" item they have. 

That they will, but you have to roll with the times, and this is not the best time to sell! I've learned on this game that patience is a virtue.

Same reason I've sold 5 maimings 700p each week before acolytes came back (and everybody knew that they are coming because news was everywhere, on ship console, on red patch letters, on youtube, on forums) - Impatience, "I want in NOW" syndrome and because some people simply do not farm them anyways, lack of gear, skills, time or patience. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

vor 18 Stunden schrieb (PS4)obed2004:

Loki for 500? Are you kidding me? I can’t even  get someone to budge 200 or 250

Its very simple. People think because a Frame is vaulted they feel entitled to constantly raise the Price. Experienced Players don't fall for this kind of bullS#&$.

It's a pity that its mostly newer players/or the occasional Whale who watch some Youtube stuff and see OMG that Frame is A+(hah !) i need that to win the ENDGAME ! And then they pay ridiculous Plat for such Frames.

And times have obviously changed. Now People more and more charge ridiculous and stupid prices for Riven Mods instead of Vaulted Prime Gear. And yet People are falling for it.

As long as People keep paying 500p+ for Vaulted Frame or thousands for Plat for GOD RIVENS !!(when you see a topic starting with those two words...RUN !!!) there will be People trying to sell it for those prices.

Cheers

On 1/21/2018 at 12:04 PM, NovusNova said:

I assume, people wanting to sell before they come back or take advantage that not everyone knows they are being unvaulted so they'll pay 500 (from your example).

That's my take. People just want to take advantage of you not knowing. I've had many bad interactions in which I post WTB in the trade chat, someone replies asking for a very high price, and then get mad if I reply back the market average for the item.

Edited by Jarriaga

22 hours ago, (Xbox One)Bieltan said:

Because I've noticed a lot of people try to mug others off on this game.

Like the dude who tried to charge me 50plt for Energy Siphon, or the dude who claimed an Ash BP was only worth 15plt (LOL) or the dude who bought a Paris set from me then tried to flip it for double (pretty sure he failed as I saw his asking price steadily drop). The list goes on...

warframe.market is thing. there are hundred of offers there, don't really know why people simply dont check before posting sale or buy offers in the chat. for this reason whenever anyone asks for a price i simply direct them to the site as it will keep all the scammer unable to rip people off. 

However, if someone is overpaying even though they have knowledge of warframe.market, well, that's completely on them. 

2 hours ago, alfaomega04 said:

warframe.market is thing. there are hundred of offers there, don't really know why people simply dont check before posting sale or buy offers in the chat. for this reason whenever anyone asks for a price i simply direct them to the site as it will keep all the scammer unable to rip people off. 

However, if someone is overpaying even though they have knowledge of warframe.market, well, that's completely on them. 

IIRC the Ash BP guy based his pricing claim on Warframe.market. In any case he eventually came crawling back and I let him have it for 35plt which is generous compared to some prices I've seen when keeping tabs on trade chat.

8 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

That's my take. People just want to take advantage of you not knowing. I've had many bad interactions in which I post WTB in the trade chat, someone replies asking for a very high price, and then get mad if I reply back the market average for the item.

When I post a WTB or WTS, I post my offer/price with it. I may raise or lower slightly, but that depends on how the other person haggles. I find this pre-empts and deflects the sharks.

the short answer...    greed and stupidity

i love getting msgs in trade chat from the "greedy" ones telling me to stop selling my stuff so cheap...

i laugh at them and ask them how long they have been sitting on something waiting for a sucker to come along, while i have sold the same item

2-3 times and have made more then they have while they keep waiting....   they usually block me for a while after that =P