Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hyper Forma

VanFanel1980mx

OK, you want my money and I don't want to keep playing the same 3 missions over and over again until my gear is decent enough to play the missions I actually like so let's do this, remove the forma bundle from the market and replace it with Hyper Forma Bundle, Hyper Formas Polarize the equipment without the need to re-level them, they are exclusive to the platinum market and cannot be traded, you can also get them from sorties or other missions in the same way you get exilus adapters, is a win win situation.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

This is a terrible idea. The point of forma and the affinity system is to grind to make your weapons better. Removing forma bundles from the market is a horrible idea to start, and releveling weapons is not even that hard. There is a reason you need to relevel gear, and it won't change. If you dislike the forma system, I am sorry, but that's just how it is. 

5 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Saying something is stupid is hardly an argument, still I hope DE gets better from their financial issues that seem to have been persistent for very long time.

3 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

I mean, I'm not going to immediately agree with OP over this, but what exactly is dumb here?

DE wants you to play the game. Forma is a grinding mechanic.

You have to first get the BP, then the Material to build the Forma.

Then you have to wait 24 HOURS to get the forma.

Then you have to put the Forma into the weapon. and then level it from 0 to 30. And repeat.

You can skip all the forma crafting sure but they still want you to play the game. Hence the leveling.

Most of the things in this game are time sinks that the dev has design to draw you into the game and playing it. 

Just now, --Q--Voltage said:

This is a terrible idea. The point of forma and the affinity system is to grind to make your weapons better. Removing forma bundles from the market is a horrible idea to start, and releveling weapons is not even that hard. There is a reason you need to relevel gear, and it won't change. If you dislike the forma system, I am sorry, but that's just how it is. 

You are right... don't remove the forma bundle, just add the hyper forma bundle.

Just now, VanFanel1980mx said:

OK, you want my money and I don't want to keep playing the same 3 missions over and over again until my gear is decent enough to play the missions I actually like so let's do this, remove the forma bundle from the market and replace it with Hyper Forma Bundle, Hyper Formas Polarize the equipment without the need to re-level them, they are exclusive to the platinum market and cannot be traded, is a win win situation.

I believe the term for that is pay to win. i.e. You want people to pay for a premium product that immediately removes a good portion of intended gameplay while also allowing for the improvement of the weapons.

I believe that would cause more anger from the community than benefit.

1 minute ago, TheFinalEpic said:

DE wants you to play the game. Forma is a grinding mechanic.

I want to play the game too, just not the same missions I have to play over and over again because is the "fastest" way of leveling stuff, I want to play the other time sinks in the game, I don't want to play that specific time sink when I would be playing the others.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I believe the term for that is pay to win. i.e. You want people to pay for a premium product that immediately removes a good portion of intended gameplay while also allowing for the improvement of the weapons.

I believe that would cause more anger from the community than benefit.

Nah, it would be fine, it would also give DE some good money and they would be able to finally get out of that financial trouble people keep mentioning every now and then.

3 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I want to play the game too, just not the same missions I have to play over and over again because is the "fastest" way of leveling stuff, I want to play the other time sinks in the game, I don't want to play that specific time sink when I would be playing the others.

... Then don't play the same mission over and over again.

Don't rush the game, enjoy the game.

You're also not going to get any sympathies with how your tone is and the only supporting argument is that it'll give DE money and accusing them of being poor and needing the money when they're clearly not.

1 minute ago, (PS4)alexismartinez14 said:

Just get an affinity booster if doing 3 missions seems like too much for you.

When I say 3 missions I am not saying 3 rounds of a mission, I am saying the only 3 mission nodes that give you more experience in a short period of time, depending on the situation it would take around 4-7 runs of said mission in a safe playthrough (that is, not going with poor gear for an endless mode of 1 hour), what you suggest is that I pay to skip the grind, what I suggest is just the same but faster which is the whole point of getting a booster, and that's if I had at least like 12 hours of playtime per day to make the booster worth it, if I barely play the game for whatever reason or play in short bursts during those 3 days the booster would be a waste, so my suggestion would be a fair alternative.

So find a new farm? I never do the "fastest" way of leveling gear, I do what I enjoy and generally ignore the notion of having to follow the meta.

Nah, it would be fine, it would also give DE some good money and they would be able to finally get out of that financial trouble people keep mentioning every now and then.

Its not financial trouble, its a business. They have to actually turn a profit off this game to keep it running. That said, long time players are better than single time buyers more often than not. 

2 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Warframe is Pay2Progress, but it will never be "Pay28FormaOpticor". DE already has a stable way of making money from Tennogen, Platinum, Prime Access, and more. Forma as it is works great and gives progression to weapons. What you are suggesting is basically selling an Uno Skip card for anytime you need to farm affinity. It is unneeded. If you need XP, there are plenty of ways to do it. Mod points already start based on Mastery Rank as well.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1 minute ago, TheFinalEpic said:

You're also not going to get any sympathies with how your tone is and the only supporting argument is that it'll give DE money and accusing them of being poor and needing the money when they're clearly not.

I am also not accussing them from being poor, that's what other people so when someone suggest any change that could possibly might affect platinum sales in some capacity.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

So find a new farm? I never do the "fastest" way of leveling gear, I do what I enjoy and generally ignore the notion of having to follow the meta.

What I enjoy is not farming, I am not following any meta, I just want to enjoy other parts of the game that I can't because my build is not complete.

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Its not financial trouble, its a business. They have to actually turn a profit off this game to keep it running. That said, long time players are better than single time buyers more often than not. 

My idea would turn a profit too, a huge one.

My idea would turn a profit too, a huge one.

Projections evidence?

Considering that the price for such a pack would be much higher than normal forma (considering it eliminates the need for working for the levels and exclusivity), It wouldn't draw as much attention, and people would rather spend their plat on other things most of the time.