Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hyper Forma

VanFanel1980mx

Add something like memory datamass item instead, that when consumed instantly brings one single piece of equipment to level 30.

Sitting for 40 minutes on bere or hydron isn't exactly "playing the game", and there are plenty of "pay to skip grind" items already, so why not add another one?

8 minutes ago, mike167890 said:

I hope this would be considered when they do change the damage mechanics, and not give us a 3-day booster for players that have over 100 formula invested in weapons and have bought countless boosters prime access and dedicated time for optimizing weapons. 

in general, I think that there are problems with adding items to the game that save more time would force the dev team to not be able to refine mechanics like affinity because its a way to make money, but I also can see it as useful for content creators and people with strict time limits.  

THANK YOU! you got it right.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Evilpricetag said:

The irony is, if this weapon is catalyst installed, which I would assume if you slapping formas into it. Your MR mimics this idea.

Get your MR up. at MR 20 you get 20/21? mod slots available at weapon rank 0. it is doubled with a catalyst. Not to mention Aura/stances for Warframes/melee. This is a very valuable. perk system that permanently effects all you gear. and can quickly keep a build attached to a unranked item. No reason to go out of your way to level anything (besides a warframe itself - potentially). Even before this, Inaros could use neatry any unmodded rank 0 melee in a sortie just fine,

Very important to remember bring just a frame & 1 weapon, and no companion if you are going for power leveling. I've also noticed switching to tenno doesn't evenly distribute affinity. It begins to 'try' once switched but continues to pull affinity from other gear, while not giving it to the amp. Though I'm not sure if this was fixed yet. If not, dont switch to tenno for passives, energy, or anything. Take advantage of easy sorties & fissures (that sometimes brings back old draco). 

It is more like this, install potato, rank up to 30, add hyper forma the same way you add forma except you don't have to level up again, just add another hyper forma if you wish to add another polarity, and that's it.

OK one, hyper forma just sounds terrible. 

Second, resetting the level of a gear is one way give players to play the game. DE will not give you a way to remove one of the reasons to play the game. Yes you can buy stuff directly with plat, but that just skipping acquisition. You still need to play with it to get mastery and test if you like the weapon. If using the weapon is not fun for you, why are you formaing the weapon? For sorties? stick a catalyst in it and use a reliable warframe to compensate for a slight lack of power. 

Just now, Altagraive said:

Add something like memory datamass item instead, that when consumed instantly brings one single piece of equipment to level 30.

Sitting for 40 minutes on bere or hydron isn't exactly "playing the game", and there are plenty of "pay to skip grind" items already, so why not add another one?

That was something I was thinking as well, so it would be a new item and not just an upgrade of an existent one, is a good idea, same principle basically, you could even have to "fill" said datamass for future uses by putting it on your gear.

10 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

Second, resetting the level of a gear is one way give players to play the game. DE will not give you a way to remove one of the reasons to play the game. Yes you can buy stuff directly with plat, but that just skipping acquisition. You still need to play with it to get mastery and test if you like the weapon. If using the weapon is not fun for you, why are you formaing the weapon? For sorties? stick a catalyst in it and use a reliable warframe to compensate for a slight lack of power. 

1- Yes, very.

2- People forma stuff to use it, mate.

Edit: 3- The guy never said "Skip the original Grind of the weapon" he said "Skip the aditional grind that happens when you forma your rank 30 Weapon", you'd still need the gun to be Rank 30 to "Hyper Forma" it.

Edited by Jicematoro

1 minute ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

You get it all wrong, the weapon would still need to reach r30 before being able to install "hyper formas" on it, the only difference is, you would no longer need to level it up again to put another forma on it, hyper or not, let's say we combine, get weapon to rank 30, put hyper forma, still rank 30, do a test run, you don't have any more hyper forma, apply regular forma, level resets, go as usual.

Just now, InDueTime-EN- said:

And ranking it up is not using it? I guess if the players idea of ranking things up is sitting beside a cryopod, then it's not. Personally, I run around killing S#&$ with my guns. 

It's not as fun as using it fully Forma'd, mate. Also, check my edit.

4 minutes ago, Altagraive said:

Ok. 40minutes!!!!!!?? Yea, Just go buy (if console) the accessories pack 90 day double credit & affinity is 1200 plat, hugely discounted in the pack & w/e the pc varient is not o mention the other goodies. Add 'hyper formas' but it needs to be like 100-150 plat & coupons dont work, There are already very generous ways to save time, but I've maxed out frame & weapon in 4-5 waves. in a few minutes if the right group is with. The rason interecept Draco had to go was you could max a frame & 3 weapons just as fast.

I don't even necessarily agree with the guy, people, seriously, read the actual post, READ IT, UNDERSTAND IT, AND THEN complain about how removing the post-rank-30 grind in ANY way means people will play the game any less. The idea might not be brilliant, but it's definitely NOWHERE near as toxic as you people make it out to be.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Evilpricetag said:

Ok. 40minutes!!!!!!?? Yea, Just go buy (if console) the accessories pack 90 day double credit & affinity is 1200 plat, hugely discounted in the pack & w/e the pc varient is not o mention the other goodies. Add 'hyper formas' but it needs to be like 100-150 plat & coupons dont work, There are already very generous ways to save time, but I've maxed out frame & weapon in 4-5 waves. in a few minutes if the right group is with. The rason interecept Draco had to go was you could max a frame & 3 weapons just as fast.

again, you just suggested people to buy something to skip a little, which is no different than mine, 100 plat? I think they should cost the same as exilus adapters specially if they are not market exclusive as people suggested and become available in sorties for example.

4 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

Apples and Oranges mate, Nice try tho.

Why should we support lazy people? It is only "Apples and Oranges" to you because you can't comprehend the link between that and this thread.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

3 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Why should we support lazy people? It is only "Apples and Oranges" to you because you can't comprehend the link between that and this thread.

Are you callin people who purchase prime access and other pre-made stuff lazy? Are those people bad players or something just because they don't play like you want them too?

Just now, --Q--Voltage said:

Except, you can absolutely pay DE to get an insanely quick progression on this game.

All the weapons and Warframes on the market, you can pay to buy those, and by that, you get a lot MR, get far enough to unlock, say Hydron, buy a booster, you'll be MR20 in no time.

Primed Frames/Guns? Wraith Parts? Vandals? Prisma? You can trade those for platinum.

Mods? You can trade those for platinum, you can even buy them fully leveled.

DE already supports lazy people, that's how they make their money, the platinum people trade with was bought originally by someone (unless you get a Plat Code, or Plat from a Devstream/Prime Time), whether or not you're up to accept that, it's completely on you.

Yes, I'm aware that getting everything available for buying in this game would cost a lot of platinum, but it's a possibility, and you can absolutely do it, mate.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)alexismartinez14 said:

I think the backlash of this post wouldn't have been so bad if instead you posted, "Let's tweak Forma to how i want it to reduce grind." Hence why this was blown out of proportion.

People would react bad if i suggested a change to a current item.

8 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Are you callin people who purchase prime access and other pre-made stuff lazy? Are those people bad players or something just because they don't play like you want them too?

Where is "Skip Progression and investment Forma" said to be equal to Prime Access?

8 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

Except, you can absolutely pay DE to get an insanely quick progression on this game.

All the weapons and Warframes on the market, you can pay to buy those, and by that, you get a lot MR, get far enough to unlock, say Hydron, buy a booster, you'll be MR20 in no time.

Primed Frames/Guns? Wraith Parts? Vandals? Prisma? You can trade those for platinum.

Mods? You can trade those for platinum, you can even buy them fully leveled.

DE already supports lazy people, that's how they make their money, the platinum people trade with was bought originally by someone (unless you get a Plat Code, or Plat from a Devstream/Prime Time), whether or not you're up to accept that, it's completely on you.

Yes, I'm aware that getting everything available for buying in this game would cost a lot of platinum, but it's a possibility, and you can absolutely do it, mate.

The purpose of the affinity system is to progress and invest time/resources into your gear. If you need special forma to bypass that progression because you are so lazy as to spend even 45 minutes for 6-7 forma on a weapon (I am not exaggerating here), you should put down this game and play something else.

If we remove every single bit of progression left in this game, you may as well sell Mastery Rank 30 accounts with everything to ever exist with maximum forma, all mods, and a perfect riven for every weapon.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

18 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The purpose of the affinity system is to progress and invest time/resources into your gear. If you need special forma to bypass that progression because you are so lazy as to spend even 45 minutes for 6-7 forma on a weapon (I am not exaggerating here), you should put down this game and play something else.

If we remove every single bit of progression left in this game, you may as well sell Mastery Rank 30 with everything to ever exist with maximum forma, all mods, and a perfect riven for every weapon.

Mate, you had a kneejerk reaction to what you read, you didn't think things through, and now you're desperately trying to hit from a different angle, completely avoiding what I said in the post you answered to.

Retract those claws, it's alright, at first glance the OP looks insane, yes, but again, it's nowhere near as TERRIBLE as you guys make it out to be.

And again-again, I don't necessarily agree with him, I'm defending the guy because you guys are blowing this WAY out of proportion.

And as for you @VanFanel1980mx, I know you appreciate my support on this, but stop giving me upvotes, you don't need to, and I'm not into this for the praising. It looks like I'm boosting Rep out of you, and I am not comfortable with that.

Edit: Heck, retract all of the upvotes, maybe keep one if you really feel like you need to repay me somehow, you don't, I appreciate the sentiment, but you really don't.

Edited by Jicematoro

39 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

again, you just suggested people to buy something to skip a little, which is no different than mine, 100 plat? I think they should cost the same as exilus adapters specially if they are not market exclusive as people suggested and become available in sorties for example.

Exept my suggestion requires cash, not a tradeable currency.

I admit exilus are annoying to get, and the materials to make one are.. well 2 formas. But a exilus is really just the cherry on top of the entire thing. There are good exilus mods. but they are minor. Formas are important, and saving that much time should stack a bit more plat to it. If added to drop tables it should go with legendary core, tradeable, & kept off the market. Let the community decide its likely lethal price, but I will agree if on such a rare chance it drops, it should randomly be 1-3. Its the RNG Double stacker

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

4 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Call it a night guys, I stepped out of this a while ago but stopping to look back in, its clear neither side is  going to make any headway either way. You're just going to end up with a real bad experience.

Yup. Pointless stupid argument about how fast someone should be able to level a gun. I enjoy leveling my guns. If one doesn't then maybe they should try something else or take a break. 

We have affinity boosters and trade chat. There ya go, ya know what I'm saying. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82