Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia Hammer + Resonator does no damage sometimes

Ice-Blue

Just did a 45min survival on OPHELIA and at 45 the mallet stopped doing damage. (lots of 0s) (I didn't use resonator at all, just 1,3 and 4)

I think it's related to the enemies with the word eximus in their names.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-06-08 at 3:53 PM, Rexavalia said:

Just did a 45min survival on OPHELIA and at 45 the mallet stopped doing damage. (lots of 0s) (I didn't use resonator at all, just 1,3 and 4)

I think it's related to the enemies with the word eximus in their names.

Same happens for me alot. This video might be intresting: 

• 1 month later...

I've even had whats going on in that video in solo missions so its not even if your host or not. Its been going on 7 months and i know they have a lot on their plate and as impressive as the new stuff is if old things get broken and aren't fixed for over half a year it hurts all content in the long run. I'm about to test again I test it every month or so to see if shes functional again.

Nope same problem as before here's a thought. When they tweaked multipliers for Chroma and stuff could it have drastically lowered the way the damage multiplier works for Octavia? The change lowered Chromas output considerably but if it also effected Octavia's multipliers it could explain why with a 7.1x multiplier my abilities seem to only hit for 116 damage. Just a  stab in the dark and something that popped into my head but maybe something the devs could check if nothing else seems to be fixing the problem. 

Edited by Balfaulx

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-08-06 at 3:51 PM, revanatar said:

Why are you creating topics all over the place it was consolidated here bump this bring attention to it. Your not doing that spreading it out into different threads if all the people posting in those threads you made were posting here maybe they would be paying attention by now.

Edited by Balfaulx

10 hours ago, Balfaulx said:

Why are you creating topics all over the place it was consolidated here bump this bring attention to it. Your not doing that spreading it out into different threads if all the people posting in those threads you made were posting here maybe they would be paying attention by now.

Thank you for bringing this thread to my attention.

Yeah, I've had issue with Octavia's invisibility being ignored, and a Nox will turn around, blast me in the face until I'm down, then go back to what he was doing.

Eximus enemies seems to have major issues, when they should be taking damage from the mallet. Too often, I'll see gray 0's popping up everywhere. Lo and behold, there's an Eximus unit nearby.

I also noticed the mallet won't do jack-diddly-squat to Arctic Eximus enemy bubbles.

В 19.08.2018 в 08:05, Balfaulx сказал:

1. Some of the bugs are related to AI so posted in AI section.
2. Our topics are not overlapping each other and all should be bumped.
3. I've noticed this topic myself lately. 

4 hours ago, revanatar said:

1. Some of the bugs are related to AI so posted in AI section.
2. Our topics are not overlapping each other and all should be bumped.
3. I've noticed this topic myself lately. 

This thread has been around for 7 months you created your first thread Octavia (mallet, resonator) thread 5 days after the last post bumping this thread thus diverting attention from the consolidated thread on the very problem you posted on for a month. The problems began around the time Specter AI changes were implemented AI has been discussed here as a problem even possibly part of the core problem needing looking into. So yes the topics would be overlapping and a consolidated thread will draw more attention to the problems. So no, duplicate threads should not be bumped Post here if it involves Octavia's Mallet/ resonator thank you. 

1 час назад, Balfaulx сказал:

This thread has been around for 7 months 

This additionally makes me think that DE absolutely don't care about this bugs no matter what and how we are bumping here. Also nonexistent separate bug-report-service (for the game with a bajillion bugs lol) makes me sad as badly as many people who care only about their syandanas bugs. I noticed these bugs last winter too, but I was hoping for fixes in the near future (naive).
And now my presense here, on the forum, means only that I am totally pissed off by all bugs and crappy gameplay because of them.

33 minutes ago, revanatar said:

This additionally makes me think that DE absolutely don't care about this bugs no matter what and how we are bumping here. Also nonexistent separate bug-report-service (for the game with a bajillion bugs lol) makes me sad as badly as many people who care only about their syandanas bugs. I noticed these bugs last winter too, but I was hoping for fixes in the near future (naive).
And now my presense here, on the forum, means only that I am totally pissed off by all bugs and crappy gameplay because of them.

Aye I know the feeling they supposedly fixed it in patches after it happened but as you can see nothing changed. As i wrote earlier on I like all the new content but they need a full on dedicated team to fixing and fortifying the stability of the game. If you have time to be making things like Warframe fighter cool as it is when you have systems in your game completely non functioning something in your office is non functioning as well. I'm not going to sit here taking shots at DE they work hard and try new stuff and that's good, but crank back on the progressive-ism abit and stabilize the core of your game.

you can be too progressive and forget your foundation long enough your house will fall in on itself. The foundation needs work things have been broken for far too long lets get those functioning before reworks and additions. You dont add a third floor to your house if parts of the base support structure are damaged. Its something old vets like me from beta see and it bothers us DE please plug the holes Look its not easy but the more structure you add ontop the harder it is to fix underlying issues. You guys know this can we get any info on if there's anyone over there who has checked this and is working on it?

Oh yea and stuff still isn't working right yada yada read rest of thread.

Thank you. 

I need a nap.

Edited by Balfaulx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In today's survival on MOT Mallet+Amp deal of 0 damage to enemys. After i died and recasted it worked fine for 5 min, after that it happens again the 0 dmg, and not even if i die or no matter how much the enemy hits the Mallet it still has 0 damage. Im verry surprise that after all this time Octavia still has problems.

Ps. I must say that it happens when the enemy's scales to lvl 70 or more.

• 2 weeks later...

Same on today's sortie (Hyena).

В 03.09.2018 в 19:29, revanatar сказал:

Today's sortie (Nef Anyo), first stage (mobile defence, secondary) - Mallet deals NO damage(even no 0) to any enemy within Arctic eximus Snow Globe skill area.

Same as in my reports.

Octavia's Mallet does Blast damage, which means the aura provided to mobs close to an Arson Eximus (Heat damage reduction) or Arctic Eximus (Cold damage reduction) unit offer partial damage reduction against it.  If there is both an Arctic and an Arson Eximus unit nearby then their auras stack and it's almost, but not quite, complete damage reduction.

The problem is when there are multiple Arctic Eximus and/or Arson Eximus.  The combination of enough Arson and Arctic Eximus auras sometimes, but not always, stacks in a weird way that provides 100% damage reduction for blast.  You don't need Octavia for this; you can see it with any weapon modded for only Blast damage, like an Ignis with Cryo Rounds.

It's possible that Hyena NG and Hyena LN2 have the same Heat and Cold auras, respectively.

If you want to draw attention to this then what you're doing is clearly not working.  Have you tried sending video evidence and some clear steps for replicating the issue to support?  I'll do it if you won't.  Ironically, the new Conductor mod makes this trivial to replicate in the Simulacrum.

В 23.09.2018 в 06:28, Buff00n сказал:

stacks in a weird way that provides 100% damage reduction

If it isn't bug (just "amazing" mechanics 🤣) - why I met this first time only last winter or so? Where it was before?

And I told about Hyena Pb, damage was zero, and damage became normal EXACTLY in the moment of Pb death. So I associate it with extra shields. Even Shield Ospreys can make the problem (not sure, but I met situations when damage became normal when all of them were killed).

And anyway, snow globe is 100% bugged, mallet IGNORES it and enemies inside, there are NO DAMAGE at all. Even mesa's peacemaker ignores these targets (but only if there are 2+ globes in spot).

About videos
My bugs descriptions are exhaustive and sufficient to reproduce the bugs (exept dumb unpredictable roller).
You can make videos additionally but I almost sure it won't help.
There is absolute zero DE feedback here. Only they know what they want.
There are no fixes for much more critical bugs for months. And we are beyond event horizon. Unseen black hole containing the mass of many old bugs and some new ones.

P.S.: DE don't play the game they develop.

Edited by revanatar