Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait a second... *SPOILERS*

(XBOX)Grihaly

11 hours ago, MagPrime said:

All it took to answer your question was a trip to the wiki

That doesn’t actually answer my question at all. Also don’t forget the wiki is a public website that can be edited by anyone. Clearly Hunhow is not physically dead, in case you didn’t notice the massive Sentient, Stalker saw floating towards him during the Second Dream opening which was obviously Hunhow.

Again, why didn’t he send his “fragments” to the moon as soon as Stalker found it in the Void, if it wasn’t fatal for them to enter?

11 hours ago, MagPrime said:

From what I've seen and read, there's a difference between the Void and the Void power the Tenno use

They’re exactly the same thing. Nowhere does it say that it isn’t because again, not even the Orokin with all their advanced technology knew what the Void was. Also our frames and our Operators specifcally run on Void Energy.

5 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

That doesn’t actually answer my question at all. Also don’t forget the wiki is a public website that can be edited by anyone. Clearly Hunhow is not physically dead, in case you didn’t notice the massive Sentient, Stalker saw floating towards him during the Second Dream opening which was obviously Hunhow.

Again, why didn’t he send his “fragments” to the moon as soon as Stalker found it in the Void, if it wasn’t fatal for them to enter?

It does answer your question.  Hunhow was in pieces, physically dead, and unable to do anything but talk and a few minor other things.  He shows up as whole to the Stalker, and yet, we know he can't actually be whole, we see parts of him scattered all over the place during the Sharkwing missions.  Since I am not on the writing staff, I can only speculate that this was done purely on a psychic level for The Stalkers benefit, nothing more.

5 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

They’re exactly the same thing. Nowhere does it say that it isn’t because again, not even the Orokin with all their advanced technology knew what the Void was. Also our frames and our Operators specifcally run on Void Energy.

At no point do I claim that it isn't the same thing, just that different concentrations do different things.  

It's like pouring milk into your coffee - it's still coffee,  t he milk doesn't change that, it's just diluted and has a less powerful effect. 

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly said:

I'm still wondering how Hunhow became a sword?

Hunhow's Fighters (Ocu, Batta, and Concu variants respectively) can be reshapen instantaneously.

Rewatch the intro cinematic, you'll find that when Stalker dons the Pakal/Gift set, the fighter forms in the room descend and become nothing, having been sacrificed to make the armour. As for War, Hunhow probably crafted it like the rest a while earlier. 

It probably even stabbed whatever Warframe was beneath it at that point by itself, given how it can hover and even suspend Stalker in midair for a moment.

3 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Hunhow's Fighters (Ocu, Batta, and Concu variants respectively) can be reshapen instantaneously.

Rewatch the intro cinematic, you'll find that when Stalker dons the Pakal/Gift set, the fighter forms in the room descend and become nothing, having been sacrificed to make the armour. As for War, Hunhow probably crafted it like the rest a while earlier. 

It probably even stabbed whatever Warframe was beneath it at that point by itself, given how it can hover and even suspend Stalker in midair for a moment.

THAT'S HOW THE ARMOR WAS FORMED?! I never realized that I thought they just disappeared for no apparent reason. That's freakin' metal!

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly said:

THAT'S HOW THE ARMOR WAS FORMED?! I never realized that I thought they just disappeared for no apparent reason. That's freakin' metal!

It even says it on the armour's description, and shouts it visually, featuring the design motifs of those Sentient fighters.

On 1/31/2018 at 6:04 PM, MagPrime said:

Uhhhh, it may have been retcon'd.  

Not retconned - DE just does bad explanations.  If the only worry was the loss of reproductive abilties, then the Second Dream as a whole would have failed anyway.  I doubt Lotus is the only one Sentient willing to sacrifice her fertility - in fact we know she's not because every sentient in Origin would have effectively had to have done so at some point.

The whole purpose of hiding the Tenno in the Second Dream was to protect them from Sentients.  What good is a protection measure if it's so easily bypassed?

Void Exposure is incredibly vile to sentients - that is why the Tenno use focused Void powers to fight them off.  It's their only true weakness, actually.

It just seems that between Origin and Tau, the void exposure isn't so bad as to kill them - but I'm banking on the fact that in a place with highly concentrated Void Energy, like the Resevoir, they'd be utterly wrecked.

This is all pretty implied, but poorly explained.  The only reason Hunhow used the Stalker to pull the Moon out of the Void was because he nor the Sentients could do it themselves without dying (again).   

This is actually part of their lore that is broken - because technically speaking every single sentient that went to Tau should be infertile, Lotus should have never been born in the first place - and even if she was born in the Origin system first, she had to go through the void once to reach Tau... and then back.  They kinda goofed on this part.   

What I'm saying is that Lotus couldn't have been born in Origin System, or she would have been infertile before leaving to come here.  And she couldn't have been born in Tau because all the Sentients there are infertile.  It's the ultimate plothole and circlejerk that nobody points out. 

Basically as it stands now in DE's world

Origin to Tau = no effect on fertility unless you're Lotus apparently
Tau to Origin = Oh noes I have to adopt a warrior race because I'm infertile.
Void between Systems = Only hurts fertility
Void at the Moon - staves off all Sentients for fear of death, causing them to use proxies like Stalker to do their dirty work

Edited by (PS4)lagrue