Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait a second... *SPOILERS*

(XBOX)Grihaly

Okay so as we all know from the prologue, Lotus has been on the moon the entire time, which prior to 2nd dream was in the Void. The Void is toxic or whatever to Sentients, which is why the moon was "moved" there originally... Lotus is a sentient. How did she not die while it was in the Void?

As MP says, void exposure "sterilizes" them, incidentally the Lotus has already been affected for quite some time.

4 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Where exactly is it stated that she has been on the moon all the time?

The Apostate prologue reveals that her fancy lotus homebase is on the moon.

Edited by rapt0rman

it could be very well possible that she moved into there when the moon came out of the void.

but also it could be possible that due to how the lotus isn't really like other sentients that the void dosen't impact her the same way.

Not to mention that it could very well be possible that the lotus did something to margulus and became a part of her (or my less exciting yet more likely theory that the helmet is the lotus while the body is margulus)

EDIT: Let me just say here that despite us knowing a lot about the lotus we really don't have enough info to make sense of her.

Edited by lightdragon64

Just now, Bronjun said:

Lotus' ChamberEdit

Lotus: How long have we waited for this moment?

Where is the assumption police when you need it?

Outside of all things we don't know (like when Did the Lotus go to the moon-like Orokin segment), we DO know that she was not bound there during the second dream ending.
Or we will go with the assumptions?

By all means, whatever makes people happy, but unless it is DE confirmed don't state it as truth.

6 minutes ago, Bronjun said:

Lotus' ChamberEdit

Lotus: How long have we waited for this moment?

Ehhh, doesn't prove she's been there the entire time though.  It just proves they've been waiting, but it doesn't give specific locations or how long they've been someplace. 

47 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Where exactly is it stated that she has been on the moon all the time?

It's presumed.

48 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

IIRC, the Sentients don't die from Void exposure, they go sterile.

I thought prolonged exposure was lethal? Unless that was retcon'd.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly said:

It was never lethal, the orokin send them to Tau trough the void exactly due to that (I think it was after they lost the Zariman ship).

Before you make the case about operators wrecking sentienels, there is a difference between void exposure and a void beam in the face.

PS: 

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly said:

It's presumed.

52 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I remind again, that we know with 90% certainty that the Lotus was not on the moon during the Second dream,

Edited by phoenix1992

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

It was never lethal, the orokin send them to Tau trough the void exactly due to that (I think it was after they lost the Zariman ship).

Before you make the case about operators wrecking sentienels, there is a difference between void exposure and a void beam in the face.

Didn't the sentients come looooong before the Tenno? They were first important Orokin creation IIRC. Says something about it in one of the Simaris entries.

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I never said or agreed that she was.  

You were quoted due to potato forum.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Didn't the sentients come looooong before the Tenno? They were first important Orokin creation IIRC. Says something about it in one of the Simaris entries.

The "tenno" were utilized to combat the sentinents after they came back, but there is a non small period of time in which the Zariman ship was lost and the training they underwent from Margulus + the time needed to develop the WF project all together. Margulus developed the tecnology for the link and second dream, not the combat capabilities.

PS: The void was present before the Zariman ship was lost.

Edited by phoenix1992

In order to stop multi quoting, taken from Wiki : 

The Detron Crewman's memory imprint seems to suggest that the Sentients (or their ancestors) were originally developed as terraforming tools bound for the Tau system. To survive, they were given the ability to adapt to any sort of damage that they would encounter as well as the ability to replicate from damaged components. This came with its costs however; the Void was "poison" to them, later revealed to interfere with their ability to replicate, and they could not travel through it safely. Thus, once the drones reached their destination they were effectively stranded there, with no safe means of returning to the Origin System.

That information was put in the game in U17, with the Natah quest and the changes on the Detron Crewmans.

During the Natah story line the lotus mentions directly that we are her child because she is sterile after going trough the Void, while we can stretch that "not safe" may also mean lethal, it is not sure.

Besides, we don't know if the moon was dipped directly in the Void or it had some sort of shielding. A wild guess would be that it had multiple defensive layers in order to avoid further Void corruption due to who was sleeping on the moon.

PS: This is still based on the assumption that she was always on the moon, and this is not backed up by anything outside of the fact that we find her there in the latest mini quest.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

To be honest, I liked it better when one guy theorized that the Lotus' base was in the Sun. It made more sense due to it not ever being in the Void and the fact that Sentients can adapt to most anything.

This would make Hek's dialogue a lot more amusing.

Edited by phoenix1992

Just now, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Its an element of Octavia's Anthem.  So I don't think they're going to go back on that entirely.  Some ideas:

A-Natah's Cylon-level infiltrator body is configured in such a way that it doesn't break down in the Void.  (hand-wavium: that configuration is ineffective or impractical for large scale use)

B-She has special shielding in her chambers.  

C-She came to Sol and then abducted someone (almost certainly not Margulas) and then used Continuity to steal the body and is thus immune to that particular issue with the Void.  

Practically I'd go with A or C.  I suspect that DE's more on the A or B idea with a side of "don't overthink it" as option C is just a touch too unpleasant.  

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

As MP says, void exposure "sterilizes" them, incidentally the Lotus has already been affected for quite some time.

Hide contents

The Apostate prologue reveals that her fancy lotus homebase is on the moon.

You see the moon falling apart in the Tennocon Umbra trailer.

When you look at the sheer SIZE of the Sentient bones in PoE's landscape, the scope and size of Sentients during the height of the war must have been unlike anything we have seen.

The moon might actually BE the part of Lotus that is Natah...now dying and collapsing after Ballas separated them.

il y a 9 minutes, (PS4)Silverback73 a dit :

When you look at the sheer SIZE of the Sentient bones in PoE's landscape, the scope and size of Sentients during the height of the war must have been unlike anything we have seen.

The moon might actually BE the part of Lotus that is Natah...now dying and collapsing after Ballas separated them.

Plus, Natah is the child of Hunhow, who must have been pretty gigantic to have "Destroyer of worlds" as his title. For her to be of a size significant enough to structuraly affect the moon isn't completely unthinkable.

36 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

PS: The void was present before the Zariman ship was lost.

Nobody ever said it wasn't.

29 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Besides, we don't know if the moon was dipped directly in the Void or it had some sort of shielding. A wild guess would be that it had multiple defensive layers in order to avoid further Void corruption due to who was sleeping on the moon.

This sounds plausible.

3 minutes ago, 514415 said:

Plus, Natah is the child of Hunhow, who must have been pretty gigantic to have "Destroyer of worlds" as his title. For her to be of a size significant enough to structuraly affect the moon isn't completely unthinkable.

You can actually see parts of him in the Natag quest, during the underwater parts. 

1 minute ago, 514415 said:

Plus, Natah is the child of Hunhow, who must have been pretty gigantic to have "Destroyer of worlds" as his title. 

I always presumed his title was just from being the leader (a leader?) of the Sentients. And his "destruction of worlds" was either cleansing them of life or destroying them with Sentient super weapons pr sometjing lile that.