Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait a second... *SPOILERS*

(XBOX)Grihaly

il y a 1 minute, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly a dit :

I always presumed his title was just from being the leader (a leader?) of the Sentients. And his "destruction of worlds" was either cleansing them of life or destroying them with Sentient super weapons pr sometjing lile that.

It likely plays a part in it too. To be fair, the size is only my assumption at this point, since we never got the actual scale of what a true, complete sentient looks like. We only saw surrogates, "fragments", eidolons (also parts of larger sentients) and some bones, of which they each could have a pair, a dozen or several hundreds for all we know...

3 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

You know, everyone's here debating whether or not Lotus was on the moon the entire time but it doesn't matter either way because as someone already pointed out, the void just makes sentients go sterile. so it really a moot point.

How so?

There's also the potential fact that the Lotus may take after her "father" in some aspects, an example being in the possible use of ancilliary shards, commanded by a centralized focus (which would be the one that reclaimed it's base on the moon after the Void disgorged it's dead husk of a prize). Her hidden secret as to how she commanded us so well during the Old War.

The reason why Lotus could be in many places at once, may very well be that she IS in many different places at once, just as Hunhow is wherever "his" fighters wander, the only difference being that she makes sure each shard is tampered with to resemble herself as much as possible.

One wonders just how large she was when she entered the Sol-Origin System. . . and just how many Lotuses have been "kill-confirmed" in the past.

12 hours ago, MagPrime said:

IIRC, the Sentients don't die from Void exposure, they go sterile.

So why didn't Hunhow just go to the moon himself or send his "fragments" immediately when the Stalker found it? He is actually intact for the most part as we saw him in the Second Dream opening cinematic. It is also specifically said that the Void is poison to the Sentients. That's why our Operators can practically one-shot them and the Shadow Stalker with their pure Void energy.

Edit: Adding on, the lore around the Void shows that no one specifically knows what it is or how it works, so it would make sense that it was the Sentients one true weakness since they can't adapt to it.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

4 hours ago, Recel said:

I'm more interested in is why was there a convenient portal to her stashed away in one of the orbiters cargo holds. (Aside from DE choosing to be a bit lazy with how the prologue is initiated :P )

Maybe that's how she got onto our orbiter during 2nd dream?

15 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I'm speaking in regards to OP's original premise. If the void doesn't kill sentients, then whether or not she was on the moon while it is in the void doesn't really make a difference.

Forgot Octavia's Anthem? It's a pretty big plot point in there that just being in the Void is enough to slowly kill the Battlysts and Conculysts Hunhow sends after you.

As to the OP, it seems that Natah's chamber isn't actually in the moon. If you look outside as you're walking down the entry hall, you can see the swirling abyss of the Void. Chances are there was some teleportation shenanigans going on when we went down that tunnel in the Reservoir, and her base was actually hidden in the Vpid, with multiple layers of shielding around it. This also falls in line with the "Jade Light" the executioners reference when speaking to Margulis just before you meet the Lotus.

1 hour ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Forgot Octavia's Anthem? It's a pretty big plot point in there that just being in the Void is enough to slowly kill the Battlysts and Conculysts Hunhow sends after you.

As to the OP, it seems that Natah's chamber isn't actually in the moon. If you look outside as you're walking down the entry hall, you can see the swirling abyss of the Void. Chances are there was some teleportation shenanigans going on when we went down that tunnel in the Reservoir, and her base was actually hidden in the Vpid, with multiple layers of shielding around it. This also falls in line with the "Jade Light" the executioners reference when speaking to Margulis just before you meet the Lotus.

I need to replay that, but unfortunately it can't be replayed.

I believe that, when a Sentient integrates in some way with another being that isn't Sentient (examples: Stalker becoming Hunhow's Shadow, Null-Cephalon Suda-Hunhow), the Void ceases to be of harm to them in those states.

I thus have faith in the concept that Natah, somehow or someway resurrected Margulis by taking whatever was left of her after her execution, and rebuilding her, irreversibly sacrificing herself to become the Lotus and begin The Sequence.

Furthermore, Ballas' response to the Lotus in person only reinforces the concept, along with how Lotus also says that she is blind.

7 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

So why didn't Hunhow just go to the moon himself or send his "fragments" immediately when the Stalker found it? He is actually intact for the most part as we saw him in the Second Dream opening cinematic. It is also specifically said that the Void is poison to the Sentients. That's why our Operators can practically one-shot them and the Shadow Stalker with their pure Void energy.

Edit: Adding on, the lore around the Void shows that no one specifically knows what it is or how it works, so it would make sense that it was the Sentients one true weakness since they can't adapt to it.

He's "dead" though and Lotus is not.  In a weakened state.  The minion guys are just weaker in general so presumably more vulnerable. 

They both went through the Void when Hunhow was alive.  Made them sterile, but didn't kill them.  Maybe Lotus has a way to protect herself, or was being slightly poisoned, but didn't care.  That's assuming Lotus was even on the moon when it was in the Void.

8 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

All it took to answer your question was a trip to the wiki

So, again, the dude's in pieces at the bottom of Uranus' ocean. 

And I'm not denying that the Void is poison, but there are fetal poisons that aren't fatal depending on the dosage, that will have lasting effects.  From what I've seen and read, there's a difference between the Void and the Void power the Tenno use, so while one may be lethal to the Sentients when channeled by our inner child, the other could be less so simply because it's not concentrated. 

Edited by MagPrime

1 hour ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Somewhere in the Codex it was written that the Tenno blinded her with their unrestrained powers, yet she still cared for them.

Three figures waited behind a simple table. Their attention on a single chair, bathed in light. An old woman's voice from the shadow: 'Send her in'. Across the room a security officer, stern and plain, opened the door. The outline of a young woman appeared at the door. She hesitated, but only for an instant, then crossed the room and sat.

There was a gasp as the light hit her face. Her right eye was bright and blinking, but her left was a greasy slit. Her skin had been burned moon-white. Her mouth was a sagging gash without lips or expression. Her military beret was pulled snug over a scarred and hairless scalp.

The old voice: 'Your name is Kaleen.' Kaleen nodded. 'You were the principal investigator of the Zariman?' Kaleen's voice was a jagged whisper, a rigid face. 'Yes.'

Kaleen coughed, straightened: 'The Zariman was lost making the fold from Saturn to the Outer gates. Mechanical failure. I notified families and filled a report with the inspectors. Nothing ever returns from the fold, so I closed the case.'

'But you reopened the case, days later.'

'I didn't believe it myself until I stepped aboard the ship. It was completely intact, full environmental, as if it had never left.'

'And the crew was gone.'

'Not exactly.' Kaleen hesitated. 'We thought it was empty but we began to find...' Her face twitched at remembered pain, 'We began to find children hiding in the ship.'

'And that is when you violated procedure?'

Kaleen bowed her head, a tear welling in her sightless eye. 'They were children. They were afraid. They needed comfort.'

'So you broke quarantine and this happened to you.'

There was silence as Kaleen touched her face, 'So what have you done with them?'

The old woman gestured for the officer to take Kaleen away. The meeting was over. When Kaleen reached the door she twisted out of his grip and shot back, 'Why would you do that? Why did you put children on a military ship?'

'We didn't. That would violate procedure.'

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ember/Prime

This one?  Or am I missing another?

Edited by MagPrime

9 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Forgot Octavia's Anthem? It's a pretty big plot point in there that just being in the Void is enough to slowly kill the Battlysts and Conculysts Hunhow sends after you

(yes i know i''ve been ninja'd) but if they can be shielded and still die slowly... I think the Void can do lots of damage to them

Spoiler

They were being shielded by Cephalon Suda's energy thanks to that Cephalon-Jacker Hunhow.

Ah, c'mon, guys, you can do better! I like the Base-in-the-sun theory. But the rest is rather tame. Though, 'Lotus is the moon' is also not too bad. Go crazy! I feel like the current development in the WF lore aims for more insanity and more flashy, fantastic stuff! How about Lotus is the Eidolon? Hiding in plain sight, but having almost gone insane due to the void influence. So by night she becomes this Were-Sentient!

She could be the Stalker. The original died long ago, but she took over his identity in order to hide, but also to constantly keep the Tenno on their toes. That's also why Stalkie got new toys! Lotus relatives gave her another chance of coming home!

Maybe, her base is an enormous infested Orokin tower at the edge of the solar system with the infestation under her control. Hey, maybe she is that tower and she only uses Transference to control the body, we know.