The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ridiculously overpriced mods and parts is ridiculous

(XBOX)xJdKxZomBiE

Hello,

i totally agree with this. It's ridiculous what kind of Platinum People charge for Riven Mods.

Maybe some People forget what about the amount of "real life money" when it comes to Platinum.

For example right now we have the situation that the Arca Plasmor got nerfed and the Riven Prices go down down down.

Yet some of the so called "traders" outright curse and spit on People that dare to mention that the Riven Prices changed.

"DUDE i PAID 5k FOR THAT RIVEN" blah blah you think i care that the prices go down ? xxxx off you piece of xxxx etc etc... .i think Warframe always had an amazing comnunity but with the Rivens we opened hell especially to professional Plat traders etc.

DE should put some price caps on Rivens this has been getting totally out of hand and i think they should also protect newer Players who are getting ripped off because they have no Idea about the market mechanics and there are tons of People who make use of that. Of course DE will never put a cap on Riven prices because its in their own Interest that People buy more Plat.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, Hannah-Eliz said:

That's what I do! Undercut everyone and you can sell quicker meaning you can play the game and get more stuff to sell quicker :D

It's the only way I can stand making any plat in game. I'm still not convinced it's worth it. If I look at how much plat you get per hour of farming/selling, compared to how much I could buy with a 70% discount for money made in an hour of real life work at my job. Let's just say, paying for plat is far more efficient. Which is of course how its designed, I don't blame DE for that. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (PS4)zedlanik:

Do what I do buy trash rivens re roll them sale them 😉😉😉😉 trash rivens go for from 8p up 2 60p 

That is how normal Folks trade. Yet you constantly meet more and more People that ask you 500p + for a pure trash Reroll riven because they are either greedy, nuts, have a ridiculous hairy ballsack or are newer Players that just got ripped off and want to get rid of the HOT MOD.

10 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I always sell much cheaper than my items are worth. They sell really fast. Like I said earlier, hanging around in trade chat is inane. Other buyers get so angry at me everytime I sell a prime frame for half its value. They PM me angry messages telling me to raise my prizes because no one wants to buy from them when others are selling as cheaply as I do.

7 minutes ago, Hannah-Eliz said:

That's what I do! Undercut everyone and you can sell quicker meaning you can play the game and get more stuff to sell quicker :D

This is not some new novel idea. This is how a free market works. You go cheaper to push your items faster. It's a choice. It works the same way for buyers. You pay more to buy faster, or wait around for a deal. 

The thing is, if you sell too cheap, then a seller will just buy whatever you're selling to resell at a profit. It's not like your noble act will help to lower the prices in the market AT ALL. In fact, it'll all inflate items even more. You try and sell a 2k Riven for 50p and almost anyone would buy it and possibly resell it to get a Riven they actually want. 

Like people have said, it's a free market. People sell according to what they feel their items are worth and how one values their items is often informed by greed - being acquiring more currency than is required to enjoy the game by most folks' standards.

Good thing for us is that this is a game. It has absolutely no bearing on our lives outside of the game; even should we play the game as a means to escape circumstances in our lives - there are always other games.

No one is tripling the price of insulin, inflating housing prices, privitising and monopolising water services etc. Free markets in games are harmless. Without baller Rivens and Prime frames you are doing exactly the same as those with. Having the same fun. The same challange. Slicing the same assortment of pixels in half.

What IS important is that you look good doing it ;)

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is not some new novel idea. This is how a free market works. You go cheaper to push your items faster. It's a choice. It works the same way for buyers. You pay more to buy faster, or wait around for a deal. 

The thing is, if you sell too cheap, then a seller will just buy whatever you're selling to resell at a profit. It's not like your noble act will help to lower the prices in the market AT ALL. In fact, it'll all inflate items even more. You try and sell a 2k Riven for 50p and almost anyone would buy it and possibly resell it to get a Riven they actually want. 

It's really not a noble act for me. I just wanna get it over with so I can away from trade chat and back to playing the game. I don't care who buys it or for what intent.

EDIT: But I mean, if I do end up pissing off some veteran sellers by doing it, that's just an added bonus.

Edited by rune_me

4 minutes ago, Landario said:

Maybe some People forget what about the amount of "real life money" when it comes to Platinum.

Corrupted mods like Blind Rage and Narrow Minded used to go for 450-500:platinum:and Primed Mods used to go for at least 700-800:platinum:(All are Rank 10, of course). Primed Flow and Primed Continuity prices were reaching 2000:platinum:, with more and more Baro visits with these their price was dropping to 1500... 900... 550... 450... right to the current level. Syndicate weapons used to be 100:platinum:, then 50, then 35... now it's, what, around 20:platinum:? You can also browse Kubrow Imprint prices when kubrows were added and there were auctions up to (at least) 3500:platinum:. Supply & Demand as well as the need and undercutting eventually regulated it all.

As for the Rivens. Like someone said, it's a monopoly, because you can either hit the jackpot or be SoL. I have about 57 Rivens, most of them have 20+ rolls, because I'm trying to get desired stats for own use. It's heavily RNG'd. It makes sense that someone getting 'perfect' or close to it stats will try to get the max out of it.

Now, of course, there's a difference between Riven stats fitting corresponded weapon and pure greed (you probably saw someone trying to get 500p for a Tiberon Riven with +crits +status +dmg/multi -zoom. Crits and Status... on Tiberon. Go figure.) :clem:

29 minutes ago, Landario said:

Easy to remember: ZERO.  If you paid more - OR your average cost was higher, that is not my concern.

People crying about how much others WANT to get for selling something is absurd.  You are not obligated to buy it.  You don't HAVE to have it to play the game.

You want it for less? wait til someone else sells it for less or get off your butt and farm it yourself.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg:

Easy to remember: ZERO.  If you paid more - OR your average cost was higher, that is not my concern.

People crying about how much others WANT to get for selling something is absurd.  You are not obligated to buy it.  You don't HAVE to have it to play the game.

You want it for less? wait til someone else sells it for less or get off your butt and farm it yourself.

Well maybe you don't understand what i meant. Platinum can only be bought with real money at ONE point.

So if you are a trader with 50k Plat or more and just trade with Rivens then of course you have no relation to any real money.

But the avarage Player(mostly new ones) or People that want to support DE they buy Plat with real cash. Otherwise where would the Plat come from ? Fort Ghost ?

And it's not about People crying about high Prices it's about People who react totally pissed or rude when you tell them that the Price they ask ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Landario said:

Well maybe you don't understand what i meant. Platinum can only be bought with real money at ONE point.

So if you are a trader with 50k Plat or more and just trade with Rivens then of course you have no relation to any real money.

But the avarage Player(mostly new ones) or People that want to support DE they buy Plat with real cash. Otherwise where would the Plat come from ? Fort Ghost ?

And it's not about People crying about high Prices it's about People who react totally pissed or rude when you tell them that the Price they ask ridiculous.

I know it came from real money at some time.

But if someone is dumb enough to buy 3000 plat just to buy a riven or two thats on them not the seller.  I would wager most of the plat SPENT on high ticket items came from people who horse traded their way into plat.  The original plat was spent on 10-40p parts and mods.

As for people acting "pissed or rude" - do you make a habit of going into Porsche dealers and telling them their 911's are overpriced? Or Tiffany's and saying - "That silver charm isn't worth half that".   While they might not act pissed or rude, I doubt very much they are going to say "oh you are right, here you can have it for a quarter of its list"

Some other examples -

• I have a scoliac riven, a zenistar riven and a pile of others.  I use them all the time.  I'd sell one for 4000 plat.  I'd never pay 4000, I'd never advise someone to even come close to that price. but since I get so much enjoyment out of using them, thats what it'd cost to get them out of my hands. And if there is someone out there with more plat cents than sense, they can have it.
  • I have 4 energize sets.  I'd sell one for 7000 plat.  Worth it? Absolutely not - you can pick them up for 1/2 that.  Or simply farm it yourself.  But I don't want to have to be bothered going into the foundry to switch which helmet they're on, or change my fashion frame.  Pay me enough and i'll deal with that headache - otherwise shop elsewhere.
  • I have an opticor riven - finally got the stats I wanted - took exactly 100 rolls.  It was a metric ton of kuva farming.  You want it? you're going to pay up - or get one for less from someone who had better RNG than me.  Otherwise I'll just enjoy its use.

TL;DR; - if you don't like their prices, don't shop there. Simple as that.  No need to interact with them at all, nor provoke them by telling them how or at what price to sell their stuff.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg:

I know it came from real money at some time.

But if someone is dumb enough to buy 3000 plat just to buy a riven or two thats on them not the seller.  I would wager most of the plat SPENT on high ticket items came from people who horse traded their way into plat.  The original plat was spent on 10-40p parts and mods.

As for people acting "pissed or rude" - do you make a habit of going into Porsche dealers and telling them their 911's are overpriced? Or Tiffany's and saying - "That silver charm isn't worth half that".   While they might not act pissed or rude, I doubt very much they are going to say "oh you are right, here you can have it for a quarter of its list"

Some other examples -

• I have a scoliac riven, a zenistar riven and a pile of others.  I use them all the time.  I'd sell one for 4000 plat.  I'd never pay 4000, I'd never advise someone to even come close to that price. but since I get so much enjoyment out of using them, thats what it'd cost to get them out of my hands. And if there is someone out there with more plat cents than sense, they can have it.
  • I have 4 energize sets.  I'd sell one for 7000 plat.  Worth it? Absolutely not - you can pick them up for 1/2 that.  Or simply farm it yourself.  But I don't want to have to be bothered going into the foundry to switch which helmet they're on, or change my fashion frame.  Pay me enough and i'll deal with that headache - otherwise shop elsewhere.
  • I have an opticor riven - finally got the stats I wanted - took exactly 100 rolls.  It was a metric ton of kuva farming.  You want it? you're going to pay up - or get one for less from someone who had better RNG than me.  Otherwise I'll just enjoy its use.

TL;DR; - if you don't like their prices, don't shop there. Simple as that.  No need to interact with them at all, nor provoke them by telling them how or at what price to sell their stuff.

Experienced traders know and value the Prices for the Items you mentioned. No one will ask you to sell an Scoliac for 100p or an Arcane Energize set for 100p. What i meant is that some People try to sell trash Rivens that are pure reroll Rivens for outrageous Prices as an example. Plus i think the comnunity in trade was somehow different before. Definately less rude especially about Riven stuff. You could say the same from the Point of a Buyer. If you make an offer and as a Seller you dont like the Price say thank you thats not what i want to sell it for but dont be an xxx about it and start calling names etc.

Riven based builds are completely optional & not compulsory. Without those mods you can go up-to sortie level content & more by using a normal build on weapons. Hence it's not something any player HAS to own to make their game-play efficient or fun. So why do you care about the price at all ? It's a open market. You are free to quote your price & someone else is free to quote theirs. Its up-to you whether you want to buy it a high price or just ignore & move on.

Edited by AbhijitSM

vor 2 Minuten schrieb AbhijitSM:

Riven based builds are completely optional & not compulsory. Without those mods you can go up-to sortie level content & more by using a normal build on weapons. Hence it's not something any player HAS to own to make their game-play efficient or fun. So why do you care about the price at all ? It's a open market. You are free to quote your price & someone else is free to quote theirs. Its up-to you whether you want to buy it a high price or just ignore & move on.

Because a ton of Players are under the Impression that Rivens are mandatory. No idea why but it's fact. You can see that in Clan Talk every day. People are so used to get into a Game and take the fastest Route to the ENDGAME. In Waframe they think that Riven Mods are needed to reach the Endgame, until they realize that A: there is no Endgame like they are used to from many other Games. B: As you mentioned they don't need any Riven to kill Mob any Mob on the Star Chart.

Good example i saw recently was the recently nerfed Arca Plasmor. Mostly newer Players thought they NEED that Weapon to win the game. And even you told them they dont it, they rather believe the Gods on Youtube. Which leads to them buying overprized Rivens although you could spec a Plasmor without any Riven and still kill anything on the Star Chart.

Many of those Players leave the Game sooner or later of course. Of course you can say good riddance etc. but from talking to a lot of veteran Players, many think they Riven Mods and especially the totally out of line Prices for them and not good for the Game.

5 minutes ago, Landario said:

but from talking to a lot of veteran Players, many think they Riven Mods and especially the totally out of line Prices for them and not good for the Game.

That's funny, because I would assume that the only players buying Rivens at high prices (this driving those prices) are vets with tons of plat and nothing to use it on.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Hypernaut1:

That's funny, because I would assume that the only players buying Rivens at high prices (this driving those prices) are vets with tons of plat and nothing to use it on.

you underestimate how much Plat even newer Players buy to just get Rivens.

hace 2 horas, Landario dijo:

That is how normal Folks trade. Yet you constantly meet more and more People that ask you 500p + for a pure trash Reroll riven because they are either greedy, nuts, have a ridiculous hairy ballsack or are newer Players that just got ripped off and want to get rid of the HOT MOD.

A lot of trash rivens goes for 500p+ (Scoliac , corinth , maybe opticor , ect ) ... again , you just dont accept it . People are not "nuts" they just adapt to the supply and demand of the market .

Absolute 0 new players are going to try to buy mod (new player dont spend 500pl+ in anything) , stop using the "new player" shield to cover the fact that you want something that you cant pay . I pass a lot of time in trade channel  , i never see even 1 player trying to buy expensive rivens that were lower than mr 12-14 (and the same limitation in the riven MR goes against the new player buying it ) .

hace 1 hora, Landario dijo:

That its your problem , they put the price because they have the item ... if you have a problem with that , you just dont buy it . You dont need to "tell them" nothing . Its the same that if i enter in a shop and tell the owner that their prices are "ridiculous" , i most likely will be kick out instantly (if not worst)  .

But the real problem its that you most likely find that all the people sell it for that price and notice that you were the "ridiculous" ... that generate this type of crying threads .

Edited by Yagamilight123

3 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

That its your problem , they put the price because they have the item ... if you have a problem with that , you just dont buy it . You dont need to "tell them" nothing . Its the same that if i enter in a shop and tell the owner that their prices are "ridiculous" , i most likely will be kick out instantly (if not worst)  .

But the real problem its that you most likely find that all the people sell it for that price and notice that you were the "ridiculous" ... that generate this type of crying threads .

It's actually the other way around. It's all the veteran players that cry and whine whenever I sell something that they think is too cheap. I receive a dozen PM's from angry sellers everytime I decide to spend more than an hour in trade chat, telling me to raise my prices because no one is buying from them if everyone starts selling so low. I laugh at them, of course, and add them to my ever growing ignore list.

8 hours ago, Quillu said:

The game is without a doubt a free market.

Yes , look at the definition Voltage posted. That is 100% what the ingame trade chat is. Sure it's affected by things like warframe.market,

WFmarket is even more of a free market than trade chat if you use that definition. The best way to describe it is chat allows the prices to be determined by other factors other than unrestricted competition. This is mostly due to the simple mechanics of how trades are done, supply and demand in the market is just obfucated so it's largely an unknown so market forces, which should be in control, have a harder time affecting the prices. Which is antithetical to a free market, in which prices are determined by the market and largely out of the control of anyone. The effective WF market prices on the other hand are more pressured by the sole thing that determines prices in a free market> competition between sellers.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Yagamilight123:

A lot of trash rivens goes for 500p+ (Scoliac , corinth , maybe opticor , ect ) ... again , you just dont accept it . People are not "nuts" they just adapt to the supply and demand of the market .

Absolute 0 new players are going to try to buy mod (new player dont spend 500pl+ in anything) , stop using the "new player" shield to cover the fact that you want something that you cant paid . I pass a lot of time in trade channel  , i never see even 1 player trying to buy expensive rivens that were lower than mr 12-14 (and the same limitation in the riven MR goes agains the new player buying it ) .

where did you get that i don't accept it ? i think you should read what i wrote and get of your high horse. and don't tell me that is the supply and demand of the market. and about the new players. i see it happen in clan a lot and even talk to a lot of new players that just buy plat and think its normal to spend 2k plat on a riven, because they simply lack the experience to know the market. I fail to see how buying high prices is related to MR ? hell i saw players that simply dont want go higher then MR8 and they spend tons of Platinum on the Trade Chanel. So your reasoning is lacking.

And your example with the shop is also funny. When i go to a shop and buy a banged up car and the owner sells it for a high price and he his reason is because the flawless Version of the car is in such a high demand !

As for your last Point there is a ton of veteran traders but know the market and dont charge ridiculous prices. Seems to be you are worried about your own trading, otherwise you would not call valid concerns crying. Thats a weak sauce argument.

hace 5 minutos, Landario dijo:

where did you get that i don't accept it ? i think you should read what i wrote and get of your high horse. and don't tell me that is the supply and demand of the market. and about the new players. i see it happen in clan a lot and even talk to a lot of new players that just buy plat and think its normal to spend 2k plat on a riven, because they simply lack the experience to know the market. I fail to see how buying high prices is related to MR ? hell i saw players that simply dont want go higher then MR8 and they spend tons of Platinum on the Trade Chanel. So your reasoning is lacking.

And your example with the shop is also funny. When i go to a shop and buy a banged up car and the owner sells it for a high price and he his reason is because the flawless Version of the car is in such a high demand !

As for your last Point there is a ton of veteran traders but know the market and dont charge ridiculous prices. Seems to be you are worried about your own trading, otherwise you would not call valid concerns crying. Thats a weak sauce argument.

MR , normaly speaks for time spend (are exceptions as in any other thing , but very little amount ... most people goes at least for MR 13 for weapons requierements ) ... and if they spend all his life in mr 8 its the same for my arguments , they are not new .

The car part of your reply cant even understand it . My version was simple , seller put the price , you have no influence in that aside from choose to not buy .

I not worry for nothing , DE its not going to change nothing ... its against their own interest ,and if they do ... i just adapt as always (at this point i just trade for the need of having something to do , not for "need" ) . I call this a cry because its the reality , i dont need to have an interenst or hidden objetive to notice that .

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Yagamilight123:

MR , normaly speaks for time spend (are exceptions as in any other thing , but very little amount ... most people goes at least for MR 13 for weapons requierements ) ... and if they spend all his life in mr 8 its the same for my arguments , they are not new .

The car part of your reply cant even understand it . My version was simple , seller put the price , you have no influence in that aside from choose to not buy .

I not worry for nothing , DE its not going to change nothing ... its against their own interest ,and if they do ... i just adapt as always (at this point i just trade for the need of having something to do , not for "need" ) . I call this a cry because its the reality , i dont need to have an interenst or hidden objetive to notice that .

Everyone is entitled to their Opinion. My guess is that DE is interested in a large Playerbase. If you are in the Position to just trade for fun because you have nothing else to do in the game and that is fun for you, then who am i to judge that ?

My Point is that, that it would maybe be good if DE would add some regulations when it comes to Rivens, to me it feels the whole trading comnunity has become more aggressive sometimes even toxic when it comes to Riven trades.

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)xJdKxZomBiE said:

And do what with his 10k plat exactly? What method of converting premium currency back to real money is there? 

inserting tottaly related but not really comment here

Not only can players purchase credits with Japanese yen, but credits earned inside the game can be converted into yen, at a rate of 100 credits to 1 yen (the rate in December 2025).

Kudos to whoever gets the animu refrence

34 minutes ago, rune_me said:

It's actually the other way around. It's all the veteran players that cry and whine whenever I sell something that they think is too cheap. I receive a dozen PM's from angry sellers everytime I decide to spend more than an hour in trade chat, telling me to raise my prices because no one is buying from them if everyone starts selling so low. I laugh at them, of course, and add them to my ever growing ignore list.

I just find this hard to believe. I find it unlikely you even get ONE pm about your low price, but dozens seems very far fetched. 

What's more likely to happen is that they buy it from you to resell if it truly is that cheap.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

I just find this hard to believe. I find it unlikely you even get ONE pm about your low price, but dozens seems very far fetched. 

I have to honest with you. What you find or don't find hard to believe, doesn't really affect me at all. There. Yay honesty.