Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounty Auto-fail [Fixed]

Eldnacpeek

I've been having this problem all week as well. I seem to be able to go in a group and have it work fine, but any attempt to solo a mission auto-fails like this, I've spoken to other players in game having the same issue too but there's been no word from DE.

I've got the same problem. Free Roam from Orbiter is ok. Free Roam or Bounties from Cetus results in no creatures aside from eidolon and thus in bounty instafail. Free Roam from Cetus if after returning to Cetus from Free Roam from Orbiter results in infinite loading screen. Region is Europe, tested solo if that matters.

26 minutes ago, Meesa_Prime said:

I've got the same problem. Free Roam from Orbiter is ok. Free Roam or Bounties from Cetus results in no creatures aside from eidolon and thus in bounty instafail. Free Roam from Cetus if after returning to Cetus from Free Roam from Orbiter results in infinite loading screen. Region is Europe, tested solo if that matters.

It seems that problem occurs when entering poe from Cetus solo. On public with or without bounty it seems to be fine.

So apparently, I wanted to do a solo bounty in Plains of Eidolon recently. But after waiting for some time until the door to PoE opens and after Lotus basically explains the details of the bounty, the mission immediately fails, as in the screen says 'Bounty Failed' right after I'm done loading. It happened to me like 2 times recently. 

First time : I'd rather stand still near the door until I'm done loading (by done loading means until my computer doesn't keep lagging so I can start my mission smoothly). I thought this is the case because I stayed too long in the hallway of the entrance between PoE and Cetus, thinking like if I'm abandoning the bounty. That's when it first instantly says 'Bounty Failed'.

Second time : To avoid the same mistake as I thought, I keep running towards to the door until I managed to step on the ground of PoE. I'd figure I may not fail the bounty because I'm touching the tiles of PoE. The problem occurs again, bounty instantly fails the second time. 

So here are my 2 thoughts of why did the bounty instantly failed; either my ram is too slow as mine is 4GB, or its a bug as a friend of mine told me. For me, directly entering PoE from orbiter is no problem, same to going there from Cetus, even going back. 

Is there any reason of how did the bounty instantly fail? I'd appreciate for your time reading this. Thank you.

I tried doing the current 4th tier mission (Capture the Grineer Commander) solo three times, and all three times the mission failed as soon as the intro text had finished.

I then tried doing it while set to friends only, and this time it failed before the intro text had even finished.

I decided to do some bounties today, but to my surprise, every single time I stepped in the plains, the bounty would fail right before of right after the first transmission.  I tried it 3 times and after that I started testing to see if I can see what the problem is. 

I tried different frames, different equipment, different squad type [solo and invite only] , different bounty acquiring [walking to konzu and teleporting to him], alt tabbing and not alt tabbing, nothing seemed to work. I went back to my orbiter and came back to Cetus again, same thing. 

What solved it for me, at least for the moment, was returning to the Orbiter, going directly on the plains, exit to Cetus and then select the bounties. After this it works no matter how I go to Cetus and select bounties. 

Since this only started to happen after the recent QoL update where the transmissions begin much faster, I must assume that something in the code might really need a check out.