Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Frames + Leveling Up + Slot Price

-RS-Covenant

Question

So I have (MR9) [Vauban Prime] [Hydroid Prime] [Loki] [Frost] [Excalibur] [Oberon] [Rhino] [Banshee] [Vauban].  Only four of those frames are leveled up.  [Loki] has 6 polarization [Oberon] has 4 [Excalibur] has 3 and the two primes for have 4.  My question is, before I add any more frames or forma to existing frames should I at least level up the other frames first.  I need to be at MR13 at this point because I have over 1000 hours in-game time since thanksgiving 2017.  I like the game so much, I bought a new laptop with a better graphics card + Windows ten +1TB Memory.  I haven't been able to do Plains on the old computer, I still haven't been able to complete a bounty until today, and have completed all quest besides the first one, is that bad?   I think 20 plat for a frame slot is to high, and I think DE should re-examine the price.  20plat slot + 20plat Potatoes that's 40 plat for the "Free" Frame that we use resources to build in foundry.  And a million credits for Prime mods?  If your not flipping mods are selling prime junk your out of luck.  Unless you use your credit card. 

I'm open to suggestions, what would you do in this situation?

17 answers to this question

Welcome to a free to play model, true with the current influx of players over the last year or two prices could come down, but they are still pretty cheap for a game that can be done 100% free so I feel the the prices are fine and dont need to change.

I am kinda shocked...  Over 1000 hours and you find 20 plat too much?

Sry to ask ..but what have you been doing all these 1000 hours? I curently have 1632 ingame hours , MR 25 , all frames and only missing one weapon. And becouse of this , everything i get i sell....so i cant say i am in need of plat. 

When it comes to the credits its the same...over those hours i have "Gross income" (ingame stat) over 82 milions of credits. 

6 minutes ago, Hyperdrome said:

before I add any more frames or forma to existing frames should I at least level up the other frames first.

Your call. You'll level them all up some day, any way.

7 minutes ago, Hyperdrome said:

have completed all quest besides the first one, is that bad?

I don't think so.

8 minutes ago, Hyperdrome said:

I think 20 plat for a frame slot is to high, and I think DE should re-examine the price.  20plat slot + 20plat Potatoes that's 40 plat for the "Free" Frame that we use resources to build in foundry.

20~40 plat is actually cheap change. Just crack some relics and sell whatever you get, and you should get 40 plat in no time. Plus, there are MANY other ways to make plat and DE gives away some potatoes periodically.

10 minutes ago, Hyperdrome said:

And a million credits for Prime mods?  If your not flipping mods are selling prime junk your out of luck.  Unless you use your credit card. 

Of course not. There's the Index and Raids, you can get 1 million credits in two hours tops. The trading tax for primed mods is a good way to avoid new players from power leveling/buying their way through the game. After some time playing, 1 million credits is also cheap change or something close to it.

14 minutes ago, Hyperdrome said:

Farm plat using whatever method you enjoy (I like mining for Sentirum and Nyth) and get some slots or potatoes.

hace 54 minutos, Hyperdrome dijo:

So I have (MR9) [Vauban Prime] [Hydroid Prime] [Loki] [Frost] [Excalibur] [Oberon] [Rhino] [Banshee] [Vauban].  Only four of those frames are leveled up.  [Loki] has 6 polarization [Oberon] has 4 [Excalibur] has 3 and the two primes for have 4.  My question is, before I add any more frames or forma to existing frames should I at least level up the other frames first.  I need to be at MR13 at this point because I have over 1000 hours in-game time since thanksgiving 2017.  I like the game so much, I bought a new laptop with a better graphics card + Windows ten +1TB Memory.  I haven't been able to do Plains on the old computer, I still haven't been able to complete a bounty until today, and have completed all quest besides the first one, is that bad?   I think 20 plat for a frame slot is to high, and I think DE should re-examine the price.  20plat slot + 20plat Potatoes that's 40 plat for the "Free" Frame that we use resources to build in foundry.  And a million credits for Prime mods?  If your not flipping mods are selling prime junk your out of luck.  Unless you use your credit card. 

You have 1000 hours , you are mr9 with and insane low amount of frames and you cant affort slots ..... you really fail in the game , what do you do for 1000 hours ! (most people at that time are mr24 or close , have no pl problems and are settled in almost all aspects of the game...) , you didnt trade , you didnt farm , you didnt level things ...

Edited by Yagamilight123

6 hours ago, Hyperdrome said:

I gotta go with Yagamilight here. If you played 1000 hours since Thanksgiving, that would be about 16 hours a day, every day. That seems....dubious.

I think Ive lost complete focus of what this game was suppose to be, all im concerned with now is plat. Its all grind, finding ways to get mods to sell, not to use.  Maybe I need a break from it, im to caught up in the whole "economics" part of the game.  I mean, I run out of trades in an hour daily.  And I don't have much to show for it.  This game has become more of a "Sell, Sell Sell."

6 hours ago, Hyperdrome said:

I think Ive lost complete focus of what this game was suppose to be, all im concerned with now is plat. Its all grind, finding ways to get mods to sell, not to use.  Maybe I need a break from it, im to caught up in the whole "economics" part of the game.  I mean, I run out of trades in an hour daily.  And I don't have much to show for it.  This game has become more of a "Sell, Sell Sell."

You're selling things at 1p per item or something? Saying that you've traded daily and exhausted your daily limit in trades and still think 20p is too hard sounds like exagerating. 

Sell those mods you can buy from factions. Usually people buy them at 10p per pop especially with the changes coming soon and if you're playing that much, farming the points should be easy. The sell and trade is part of the game if you want to keep playing without spending. 

It has been that price from 2014, nobody complaints and is not much. Is like selling 1 or 2 mods.

sell a riven you can get like 300 plat ?

How is it you played for 1000 hours and still mastery 9 ?

1000 hours by right you should be mastery 20 at least as long you sell and make new weapon.

How big is the plains part of War frame now, maybe its the piece of the game Ive been missing.  Is it really open world?  I'm actually somewhat timid to give it a try again.  It was kinda a disappointment when I didn't make it in the first time.  Ive kinda just accepted the fact I wouldn't be going there, but now that I can its like diving into dark water.

wow, you had spend a lot of time Forma warframes, nice.

As for your plat problem, sadly unless you are willing to spend more time ranking up other weapons/warframes (not forma 2,3,4 times, that doesnt add mastery) in order to increase your trading count in order to make more plat per day, you are going to pretty much continue to pull out of pocket, or take longer to get plat.

As for plains, it is interesting, and I felt the same way you do about taking long before i went there. 

Just go solo mode and explore and learn the area (take your Loki), see how you feel about it before dedicating your whole time to it.

I just did the Gara quest, only did a few low lvl bounties, then worked on my operator starter amp, and then worked on getting the next one you can build without needing a lot of standing. That took me almost a month to do only playing weekends, like an hour or 2 at a time.

Happy hunting.

I've played 450 hours so far and am MR20 - not sure how you've even managed to put in so many hours and stay so low? Do you not bother acquiring and leveling new gear?

As for plat, do yourself a favour and buy some when you next get a discount. Don't buy stuff you can work for, and 1000 plat will go a long way in terms of frame and weapon slots, plus other low value QOL stuff. 1000 hours of entertainment deserves a small investment to show your appreciation to the creators of this game, no?

hace 4 horas, Hyperdrome dijo:

How big is the plains part of War frame now, maybe its the piece of the game Ive been missing.  Is it really open world?  I'm actually somewhat timid to give it a try again.  It was kinda a disappointment when I didn't make it in the first time.  Ive kinda just accepted the fact I wouldn't be going there, but now that I can its like diving into dark water.

You are missing all the parts in the game :S , you dont do ANYTHING ... i just check your profile , you played 5 frames ,almost no usefull weapons level (its not like some people that are low mr because dont level mastery fodder , you dont even level good weapons , you have like 35k  kills with the normal galatine -.- ) , you didnt even join 1 sindicate (lost a lot of posible plat there) , didnt do any of PoE content . At this point or you change the way you play or accept that you are never going to progress (you cant pretend to gain pl if you are not doing nothing for it) , not matter how many hours you play .

2 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

You are missing all the parts in the game :S , you dont do ANYTHING ... i just check your profile , you played 5 frames ,almost no usefull weapons level (its not like some people that are low mr because dont level mastery fodder , you dont even level good weapons , you have like 35k  kills with the normal galatine -.- ) , you didnt even join 1 sindicate (lost a lot of posible plat there) , didnt do any of PoE content . At this point or you change the way you play or accept that you are never going to progress (you cant pretend to gain pl if you are not doing nothing for it) , not matter how many hours you play .

That's not really accurate, but ill just nod my head.