Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters 2.0

AreeSoothsayer

I saw the bit about them working on specters, didn't really hit me. I expected some work on the AI or something else minor. Then I saw a clan mate using Nidus... 

Mutation Stacks, Check

Virulence, Check

Larva, No Check

Parasitic Link, Check 28% pow Str bonus to player

Ravenous, Check I think healing amount depends on base map level as I saw 23 and 30 heals per second on different maps.

The bows don't seem to work. Prisma weapons do lots more damage with the scaling.

I tested others. 

Ivara, Sleep Arrow, Prowl, Artimis Bow

Mirage, No clones, Eclipse, Disco ball, Self buffing 

Then... Trinity...

1 skill, green hovering enemy giving heals to attackers, check.

2 skill, Energy Vampire ... oh yessss

3 skill, those nifty links helping protect titania, check 

4, skill... She healed my inaros for 3k health and it seems the heal is triggered by health lower than 50%

PS: They don't seem to need to reload anymore. Can't wait to try out all the other specter frames.

Round 2

Ash: Throwing stars, Self Stealthing, Assasinate groups

Atlas, Rock Punch and Golem Summon. I guess being about to summon a Specter that summons minions is strong enough that the wall and stone gaze was sealed.

Banshee, she spams Sonic boom. Anything gets close and off they go flying. I saw the critical markers once but this girl is "Talk to the Hand!" with gusto.

Chroma, No Vex armor I think but since it's base Fire it does the health buff, lasts 20-30s. It sets loose the dragon, only 10s but that Stun AoE can't be ignored.

Round 3, 

Ember, Fireball, Firebuff, Fire ring. Yup. World on Fire, Correction YUP

Equinox, Switching forms, Casting sleep and weakness, Buff/Debuff, Bleed and Heal. Yup, yup, yup, and yup.

Frost, Ice ball, Ice wave, Ice AoE, Yup. Globe, never saw one.

Gara, Glass Blade, Glass Mirrors, Glass Wall, Yup. Glass Shield? Never saw it cat on me, her or the enemies.

Excalibur, I saw him use radial blind and pull out his sword. Don't know his other skills and someone else was using the Specter so unsure about them.

Round 4:

Harrow: Condemn, Penance, Thurible and Covenant all work

Hydroid, Waterbombs, Wave, Tentacles all spotted, he never puddled during testing

Inaros, Desiccation, Devour, and I have never seen a Sandstorm by a player move that fast.  No Scarab Swarm that I saw.

Limbo: Banish, Rift Surge and Stasis, no Cataclysm seen.

Round 5:

Loki: Decoy, Switch Teleport, Invisibility seen. Never saw him disarm the enemy.

Mag: Pull, Magnetize, Can Spam Polarize,  Never saw it use Crush

Mesa: Shooting Gallery and Peacemakers, Can't tell about Ballistic battery or Shattershield.

Nekros: Soul Punch and Terrify used. No decicrate or Shadows. (Pity)

Round 6

Nezha: No Fire Walker but Warding Halow, Blazing Chakram and Divine Spears were seen in effect

Nova: Nullstar, AntiMatter Drop, Molecular Prime all seen in action. No Worm Hole.

Nyx: Mind Control, Psychic Bolts, Absorb all worked fine. CHAOS: Dear god, once she cast it she went nutz. Attacking me, my pet and the poor Saryn who was with me when testing. We had to cut her down because she was no longer accepting my commands.

Oberon: Smite, Hallowed Ground, Renewal (40 Hps, 200 armor for about 20-30 sseconds), Reckoning all work.

Round 7:

Octavia: Mallet, Resonater, Metronome, and Amp all working.

Rhino: Rhino Charge, Roar, Rhino Stomp, all work. Iron Skin, nope. A no timer buff that can be spammed. Guess that would make the Specter too powerful.

Saryn: Spores, Toxic Lash, Spams Molt, Miasma,

Titania: Spellbind, Tribute works but buffs only last a short time, Latern but enemies ignored the trapped captive, Razorwing never happened.

Round 8

Valkyr: Ripline, Warcry, Paralysis, yes. No hysteria. (Although since it heals, may use it when damage suffiencly.)

Vauban: Tesla, Bastille and Vortex. No Minelayer, thank goodness.

Volt: Lighting, Lighting shield, Speed Buff, Lightning Storm. He throws them all.

Wukong: He only used one skill during my testing. Defy.

Last One

Zephyr: Turbulence and Tornado both used. No Tail Wind or Dive Bomb. Pity.

New

Khora

She casts Strangledome repeatedly. The timing such that a new one goes up several seconds before the first vanishes.

No whip. 

No entangle.

With the new Update. Venari Specter comes out with Khora. Don't know if it's heal triggers yet or not.

Edited by AreeSoothsayer

I just wish I could change my Specter loadouts without having to craft another set of Specters every time. Especially for Vapor Specters, since I have to either intentionally botch the stealth portion or intentionally not murder the Wardens (and in incredibly low-level, boring missions nonetheless) to get more of those blueprints.

Maybe Warframe Specter blueprints could also be added for purchase with Cetus standing?

I like Oberon Specter. His Hallowed Ground is very small, but you could use it if you want? He doesn`t heal very often afaik, but he uses Smite regularly which is one solid CC already. And he uses Reckoning surprisingly often, although only if enemys are very close. Again the area is somewhat small. It`s still very neat if you play more stationary with your guns and he is sitting next to you :D I always have a little smile on my face when he lifts 5-6 guys because I was about to be overrun.

On 2/3/2018 at 10:35 AM, AreeSoothsayer said:

Limbo: Banish, Rift Surge and Stasis, no Cataclysm seen.

This seems like a bug as DE themselves have said that he shouldnt be using ANY of his abilities.

Nidus....oh yeah he is FUN as hek to use as a spectre :D

I'll have to try trinity out.

overall i love the great changes...now DE just needs to lower the build time to around an hour or 2 at most....8 hours is far too much imo.

Hmm. I used to run with Chroma specters all the time since at high levels their survivability seemed enormous. But if Trinity might just regularly full heal any time it drops to half...? Maybe I should try swapping to them.

Edited by OvisCaedo

50 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Which specter would you say is the most usefull?

As Much as I like the others, the most useful is Trinity. She can heal and recover your energy. As for damage, the right primary works wonders. My preference is the Baza, it doesn't lose accuracy like most of the other automatic rifles.

Btw, Trinity also heals herself.

After poking around with specters on my own several really stood out to me.

Nidus was best for my playstyle, he has high up-time on his link skill so its like a free +28 power strength and can give light healing to teammates.

Chroma is probably my top choice for DPS, at level 10 mine oneshot a level 50 Ambulas in the Simulacrum with Vex Armor + Arca Plasmor.

Volt is pretty good too since he has 100% up-time on his Electric Shield, can pretty much treat it as a permanent buff/wall for himself and the squad.  Just not with Arca Plasmor which he reflects back at himself...

Trinity is best healer hands down, I love how she pays attention to my HP and how she can heal me by shooting something effected by her Well of Life.

Mirage is probably the worst in my opinion since she consumes player item drops for Sleight of Hand and loves spamming it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Came across this thread hoping DE will get some eyes on it.

As of Khora's latest kit tweak, her specter has become no more than another warm body with a cat.

She casts her 4th repeatedly and it disappears immediately.  I'd like to see her heal and disarm at some point, but seems like that may be on a long list of other things they could improve upon.