Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE!! We Are Getting Accessories Only For Unvaulted Packs Starting This Pack. THANK YOU [DE]!

DelBoyJamie

1 hour ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Please try and come back with something sensible.

I didn’t ask you if you’d still play it. I asked if you would have the exact same experience as you do now? Stop beating around the bush and answer properly.

LOL Nobody is beating around the bush.  You said cosmetics affects gameplay and I just proved that it didn't both factually in defining those terms and opinionated on my personal experience.  Have a good day and don't stress out too much...DE is far from being Bungie levels of dev scum :satisfied:

I think comparing DE to Bungie is a bit harsh, I wouldn't pi$$ on a Bungie employee if they were on fire. DE are far removed from their world of corporate greed. as Jim even says himself in the video, this is the ONLY questionable monetization with the game (well ok, mod packs are a thing, but nobody falls for that anymore).

that said, there should be a separate accessories pack. they do this because they think people on the fence about getting the Unvault pack will jump for the cosmetics, in reality all it does is alienate players like myself who have all the prime frames, but do not have the accessories. If I want accessories badly enough, I'll pay for them, gladly; nobody is after them for free, but it's rather pointless to buy a full access pack when all you want is the capes and sigils or whatever.

DE have made a lot of wonderful changes to the game, and are continuing to do so, but for some reason they're like a dog with a bone when it comes to Unvaulting Accessories separately.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think comparing DE to Bungie is a bit harsh, I wouldn't pi$$ on a Bungie employee if they were on fire. DE are far removed from their world of corporate greed. as Jim even says himself in the video, this is the ONLY questionable monetization with the game (well ok, mod packs are a thing, but nobody falls for that anymore).

that said, there should be a separate accessories pack. they do this because they think people on the fence about getting the Unvault pack will jump for the cosmetics, in reality all it does is alienate players like myself who have all the prime frames, but do not have the accessories. If I want accessories badly enough, I'll pay for them, gladly; nobody is after them for free, but it's rather pointless to buy a full access pack when all you want is the capes and sigils or whatever.

DE have made a lot of wonderful changes to the game, and are continuing to do so, but for some reason they're like a dog with a bone when it comes to Unvaulting Accessories separately.

Agreed.

And yes, even Jim did indicate that he is pretty much in love with this game and that this particular monetization is the only thing that has raised his eyebrow in Warframe so far.

Even his comparison between DE and Bungie was only in asking DE to show us that they'll handle it better when they get called out on something, then Bungie has done with Destiny 2.

More generally: It may also be worth remembering, Jim is in essence a new player, with a new players perspective, and his first impression of Prime Vault, accessories specifically was ''Yeeeah.. this is bullS#&$.''. Think of his opinion what you like, folks, but I rather doubt he's the only new player who draws that conclusion. Even if Jim tends to be particularly attuned to what he calls ''industry bullS#&$'', the man has by now developed his very own spidey sense for it.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)dZy_dEviL said:

You said cosmetics affects gameplay and I just proved that it didn't both factually in defining those terms and opinionated on my personal experience. 

You proved nothing but how much you wish to skirt around my question and an overall misunderstanding of how much “gameplay” encompasses in a video game. I never asked if you keep playing. I asked if you wouldn’t feel affected in the slightest if all customisation was removed and everyone looked the same. You never answered.

Anyway, this thread was just resolved in a nice way so lets just try and keep it like that.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

11 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Aaaaand we’re back to that again.

I never cherry picked. You like to look good (your words not mine) so its stands to reason you would not have the same experience if cosmetics were removed. I genuinely hope you have a nice day.

I played for almost 3 years before i paid money for a single cosmetic. And then only because i wanted to support DE so i can do my part to help them keep the lights on. Swing and a miss. 

52 minutes ago, Cryoguard said:

Yall are still on this? The accessories are exclusives. Either you paid $50 at the time of PA for accessories ONLY (plus boosters, but that's not what you all are complaining about), or you pay $40 during Vaults and get plat and the whole Prime Access shebang... What I'm hearing is "I don't want discounted accessories if it comes with stuff I don't want, I should get an even BIGGER discount."

People aren't asking for discounts for the accessories when they say that they want the option to purchase just the accessories.

What they're asking for is for their money to not be wasted on things they already own so that they feel much better with the idea of giving DE their money.

Edited by Abekrie

3 minutes ago, (PS4)jonnyblaze1976 said:

I played for almost 3 years before i paid money for a single cosmetic. And then only because i wanted to support DE so i can do my part to help them keep the lights on. Swing and a miss.

Your past posts cast very serious doubt on this statement, I’m afraid. Saying that is all well and nice but then again you can say anything you wish on here because no one knows who you are. So I’m taking that your previous comments, grinding them up into a fine salt and spoon feeding myself with it whilst I read this one.

1 minute ago, ChargeBeam said:

To even come close to comparing DE to Bungie is an insult to only your own intelligence.

Please watch the video and read this thread before jumping straight to insults. In fact, stratch that. Don’t insult at all. There is zero need for it.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

One thing I don't understand is if they insist on keeping the accessories and equipment together in one pack why don't they have a components option?

Instead of getting all the built stuff, one could check a box that lets the player buy:

• Blueprints to the equipment
  • All the resources and components required to build the equipment
  • The slots the equipment would have taken
  • The Reactors/Catalysts that would have been installed on the equipment
  • The Platinum required to rush the equipment through the Foundry
  • The Platinum pack
  • And lastly, the accessories

This way the player doesn't have to feel like they're wasting their money on stuff they already have because they can use the resources and trade the BPs to others. DE gets their money and the player gets stuff that isn't useless to them, a win-win I'd say.

3 minutes ago, ChargeBeam said:

To even come close to comparing DE to Bungie is an insult to only your own intelligence.

Context would perhaps have been best with this thread's title as I see posts like this as evidence in people jumping the gun with what it means.

In the video, Jim urged DE to not have this "Bungie Attitude" in that they just listen to the feedback and do nothing about it.

To tell DE to not have a "Bungie Attitude" is not comparing them entirely with how Bungie is. It's trying to point at a single trait seen with Bungie in regards to feedback.

I would recommend that you watch the entire video and take things in fully before getting yourself angered, over what you think you're seeing, instead.

I marked the area that would be his ending remarks in relation to this choice of title for the thread.

What exactly is the "Bungie attitude"?

The mindset where they try to make their product successful (and by successful I mean net them a good profit)?

In that case, every company that isn't a charity probably has this "Bungie attitude".

Face facts. In life, not everything works out the way you want it.

Not getting some video game cosmetics is probably the least of your worries.

2 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

The mindset where they try to make their product successful (and by successful I mean net them a good profit)?

In that case, every company that isn't a charity probably has this "Bungie attitude".

This post really shows that you have no idea what the whole topic is about.

Watch the entire video before assuming that you know exactly what is being said.

4 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

I would suggest you look up some of the Youtubers that have actively covered the various Destiny 2 controversies so far, may I suggest YongYea and SidAlpha?

Or, if you'd like the short and simple, Destiny 2 controversy, Bungie responds in the usual Triple A manner, ''oh we're listening to feedback, we hear you, we're going to do something with it!'', does nothing, next controversy, rinse and repeat.

8 minutes ago, Abekrie said:

This post really shows that you have no idea what the whole topic is about.

Watch the entire video before assuming that you know exactly what is being said.

I watched this entire video and I still don't see where Bungie is involved in all this.

All I see is this scare tactic where you compare DE to the big-bad Bungie to try and prove your point which again, was never relevant to begin with.

7 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

I would suggest you look up some of the Youtubers that have actively covered the various Destiny 2 controversies so far, may I suggest YongYea and SidAlpha?

Or, if you'd like the short and simple, Destiny 2 controversy, Bungie responds in the usual Triple A manner, ''oh we're listening to feedback, we hear you, we're going to do something with it!'', does nothing, next controversy, rinse and repeat.

I'm pretty sure someone at DE has seen this suggestion. Just because its feedback, doesn't mean they absolutely have to go with it. Its their game, they have the final say.

And judging on how many of the same threads where people want cosmetic-only packs we've had in the past, I'd say DE is pretty contempt on keeping things the way they are.

Now if DE actually came out and said "We're going to sell packs separately." but didn't follow through on that promise, then yeah, I see a reason to be upset. But that is not the case and never has been the case at least for Prime Accessory packs.

I guess what OP's idea of the "Bungie attitude" is just lying to their players. DE never promised anything to begin with in terms of Prime-Accessory packs. So what exactly is the connection here?

Edited by Tricky5hift

Hey yeah, unvaulted cosmetics seperate from the prime packs when, DE?  Seriously, I'm not paying out when most of an unvault pack is weaponry and frames I've already farmed for on my own, but man, do I ever wish I could pay you guys for the cosmetics and extras that aren't available otherwise.

7 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

DE not selling them separately has nothing to do with Bungie, and they already ARE a good deal. You are already getting bundles and discounts and people still complain because part of the bundle is already something they own. Stop with entitlement and buy it like everyone else or skip out; they are only pixels on a screen. DE does not need to cater to people who only need 1/4th of a bundle. The same thing goes for market bundles for Deluxe Skins.

And this is why the Warframe community is awful.

1 minute ago, TalonBlue said:

And this is why the Warframe community is awful.

Lol you've clearly never been apart of the Destiny community then.

The guy stating a point but that somehow reflects the rest of the community.

You would fit right in to the Destiny community.