The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friendly Fire? (Don't Hate, Just Read First)

DarkB3ast

I was just thinking about this and Warframe should have friendly fire. Not only for the players but the enemies too. Far too many times have I been trapped by a swarm of enemies while a Grineer Heavy does his little foot stomp on my, but not on his comrades.The least we could have (while we fly through the air) is the other enemies at least knock on their assets. Also, I think it would be a better experience that requires just a bit more skill if you had to find a way around another player to shoot, or everyone couldn't just spam melee on Tyl Regor with out them slicing each other in half. Just a thought...

And then people can troll and grief with a thunderbolt modded Paris, or far worse, the Ogris.

A friendly fire for the tenno would lead to much intentional, and non-intentional griefing.

Think how many abilities can clear rooms and are instant kills in the dojo?

Think how many weapons can kill in very few hits in the dojo?

Think of having to deal with that in an online match?

It would just cause far too many problems.

I understand your reasoning, but when revives start getting spent because people are trolling on bossruns (and not reviving) or when RandomTenno gets a rare mod that AngryTenno doesn't have and gets jealous over, you can expect some hate play over this.

Nice idea, but too easily griefed.

I was just thinking about this and Warframe should have friendly fire. Not only for the players but the enemies too. Far too many times have I been trapped by a swarm of enemies while a Grineer Heavy does his little foot stomp on my, but not on his comrades.The least we could have (while we fly through the air) is the other enemies at least knock on their assets. Also, I think it would be a better experience that requires just a bit more skill if you had to find a way around another player to shoot, or everyone couldn't just spam melee on Tyl Regor with out them slicing each other in half. Just a thought...

I would love this simply for the amount of buttfrustration it would cause in the community.

would be a nice thing to put on in nightmare mode or something. but it would suck if you per accident kill all your teammates with ash's bladestorm or other AOE skills. Nova could wipe out your entiry squat at once xD

I understand the reason, but no. Any kind of friendly fire on players will just lead to excessive trolling. As for enemies, their dumb AI would probably just make them kill themselves randomly half the time. They run into fire patches on their own enough.

Sadly I don't think this will ever happen.  The ability to hurt your team-mates opens up more capacity for griefing than a whole team of Lokis and Vaubans could ever hope to achieve.  Trinity used to be able to kill her team-mates with link and it was removed thanks to people deliberately using it to do so.  These people are why we can't have nice things.

That being said, It would be nice if the enemies could hurt each other, those heavy-stomps can be initiated without actually being caught in them which adds another tactical option...

Edited by Hollow_Knight

Why would anyone want friendly fire in a game were I can push a button and melt everything in a room, Hell my Nova can kill everything in a 3 room radius at this point.

As for adding friendly fire to enemies it make the game too easy bosses would clear the room for us.

I honestly think friendly fire should be one of the parts of Nightmare challenges.

No don't put it in the standard mission fold.

But for nightmare, hell yeah!  That sounds awesome to me and is much better than say, removing your minimap or having no shields in a game that has no health regen what so ever.

Combine friendly fire with some other things, and you could have a REAL nightmare mode that was actually fun and challenging.  

EDIT:  Friendly fire should NOT apply to AoE abilities, even in Nightmare.

Edited by Bakercompany86