Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Honest View of getting rid of Raids

Nym_Prime

So as many of you heard, DE will be getting rid of raids. In my honest opinion, I think this is a bad move. I understand DE's discontent towards raids, but getting rid of them while people are still playing them is just not fair. I saw in another post that people are still doing teaching raids. There are many benefits of keeping raids and I will list some, particularly for Law of Retribution:

Benefits:

A great credit farm: Not only will you be awarded a bonus credits for first time daily completions, but if you have a double credit boost, that jumps to about 517,000 credits. The players that prefer a credit farm for LoR and hates farming credits on the Index will not be happy.

Arcane Fragments: Basically this, people actually farm Arcane fragments patiently, so getting rid of raids overall would not make a player happy. Players want arcane fragments

Teaching: To this day, I see many people still doing teaching raids, even my clan does it. It is a fun experience and rewarding if you are taught the proper way of doing raids.

Speed Runs: Speed Runs are typically the reason why people are doing raid. It is a very competitive thing in a sense, and you can see the leader board here: https://wf.christx.tw/

The Experience: My first time experience of doing LoR was an amazing experience that I will never forget

8 player based raids: Raids are the only way to get up to 8 players simultaneously to play one game mode

Nightmare: The nightmare mode for raids are essentially difficult for newcomers. Having nightmare can give both veteran and new players the proper experience and challenge for raids. Plus, there are added rewards too.

Team Comp Strategies: The team comp strategies are the funnest way of doing raids. Having a proper team comp will make raid experiences fun. 8 man raids of the same frame are really fun.

Making and Playing with Friends: This is the most important. I cant tell you a single time the amount of strategy and playing with friends can be. It is a fun experience as well, and worth while.

Overall, DE if you read this, at least keep Law of Retribution, and removed the Jordas Raid. I feel like Jordas Raid is not popular among players because the boss is hard to fight without proper equipment.

Thank you for reading, I hope to not see Raids going way permanently,

LordCommander---

Edited by LordCommander---

There are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better credit farms to a Raid dude.

Go on Akkad, take a Nidus, Nekros, Hydroid and Trinity and you're DONE. Run that for about 40 waves, you'll get 1 Million credits fairly easily. It's quicker, easier, and simpler than a raid.

You CAN'T farm Arcane helmets. You farm Arcanes to put on helmets and Syandana's, but the old Arcane Helmets you cannot get at all. Besides, the Arcanes are going to the Eidolons which makes more sense, and is a butload easier, making Arcanes more accessible to the entire playerbase

Edit: The only one of the 2 raids worth keeping is the LoR. Having done both multiple times, JV is a terribly thought out, and frankly obnoxious to run. LoR I wouldn't mind keeping in the game, but I don't want a powerful upgrade like Arcanes locked behind something you MUST have 4 Organised people for. At least Eidolons you can solo

Edited by Stormandreas

10 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Go on Akkad, take a Nidus, Nekros, Hydroid and Trinity and you're DONE. Run that for about 40 waves, you'll get 1 Million credits fairly easily. It's quicker, easier, and simpler than a raid.

You CAN'T farm Arcane helmets. You farm Arcanes to put on helmets and Syandana's, but the old Arcane Helmets you cannot get at all. Besides, the Arcanes are going to the Eidolons which makes more sense, and is a butload easier, making Arcanes more accessible to the entire playerbase

Edit: The only one of the 2 raids worth keeping is the LoR. Having done both multiple times, JV is a terribly thought out, and frankly obnoxious to run. LoR I wouldn't mind keeping in the game, but I don't want a powerful upgrade like Arcanes locked behind something you MUST have 4 Organised people for. At least Eidolons you can solo

yea no thats so 2016 early 2017, people dont do that anymore, just go to the index any index for either 10 or 4 runs (depending on what you pick) and youll have 1mil credits in way less time than 40 on akkad even less time and runs with a booster 

5 minutes ago, YandereWaifu said:

yea no thats so 2016 early 2017, people dont do that anymore, just go to the index any index for either 10 or 4 runs (depending on what you pick) and youll have 1mil credits in way less time than 40 on akkad even less time and runs with a booster 

It honestly doesn't. I've tried both and the Akkad method won over the two.

The raids are more than credits and arcanes... I enjoy doing raids with members of my clan, Alliance or inclusive new players. Im not agree with some toxic people, I have seen players that force other players to leave because they are low MR and this is really sucks. 

Edited by Inquisidor1174

18 minutes ago, LordCommander--- said:

So as many of you heard, DE will be getting rid of raids. In my honest opinion, I think this is a bad move. I understand DE's discontent towards raids, but getting rid of them while people are still playing them is just not fair. I saw in another post that people are still doing teaching raids. There are many benefits of keeping raids and I will list some, particularly for Law of Retribution:

Benefits:

A great credit farm: Not only will you be awarded a bonus credits for first time daily completions, but if you have a double credit boost, that jumps to about 517,000 credits. The players that prefer a credit farm for LoR and hates farming credits on the Index will not be happy.

Arcane Fragments: Basically this, people actually farm Arcane helmets patiently, so getting rid of raids overall would not make a player happy. Players want arcane fragments

Teaching: To this day, I see many people still doing teaching raids, even my clan does it. It is a fun experience and rewarding if you are taught the proper way of doing raids.

Speed Runs: Speed Runs are typically the reason why people are doing raid. It is a very competitive thing in a sense, and you can see the leader board here: https://wf.christx.tw/

The Experience: My first time experience of doing LoR was an amazing experience that I will never forget

8 player based raids: Raids are the only way to get up to 8 players simultaneously to play one game mode

Nightmare: The nightmare mode for raids are essentially difficult for newcomers. Having nightmare can give both veteran and new players the proper experience and challenge for raids. Plus, there are added rewards too.

Team Comp Strategies: The team comp strategies are the funnest way of doing raids. Having a proper team comp will make raid experiences fun. 8 man raids of the same frame are really fun.

Making and Playing with Friends: This is the most important. I cant tell you a single time the amount of strategy and playing with friends can be. It is a fun experience as well, and worth while.

Overall, DE if you read this, at least keep Law of Retribution, and removed the Jordas Raid. I feel like Jordas Raid is not popular among players because the boss is hard to fight without proper equipment.

Thank you for reading, I hope to not see Raids going way permanently,

LordCommander---

Im sorry that a part of the game you like is being temporarily removed but, not to burst your bubble or anything, frankly raids were hardly ever done by the vast majority of the player base, they might have been ok for you all but in reality most players found raids to be boring and tedious, completely clashing with warframes fast paced action game play, others found that most of the rewards were just trash, seriously out of all the arcanes how many are actually useful, they were an underplayed buggy mess that would cause problems whenever there was a big update. removing them was the right call in this current situation. rather than wasting time and manpower on something a minority of players did, they cut it loose for the time being and now with those extra human resources they can work on bigger and better things. there was a hint that the devs working on the raids were also burnt out from constantly having to try to fix them, these are people not machines giving them something else to do was best. It really isnt that uncommon of an occurence in video games, an example being league of legends where rito decided to remove the dominion game mode from the game for more or less the same reasons stated by DE for removing trails from warframe. 

4 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

ive tried index and akkad and well index is faster for me, 4 or even 2 runs of high risk (mesa, and/or chroma = gg easy) can give 1 mil. i think last time i needed credits i only needed like 15minutes to get 1.5mil or so with index rather than like 20 minutes on akkad, i also prefer index since akkad has a very specific setup, while on the index theres just alot more variety interms of the useable frames so i dont get bored or burnt out as fast, the maps often change too. to each thier own i guess.

13 minutes ago, YandereWaifu said:

ive tried index and akkad and well index is faster for me, 4 or even 2 runs of high risk (mesa, and/or chroma = gg easy) can give 1 mil. i think last time i needed credits i only needed like 15minutes to get 1.5mil or so with index rather than like 20 minutes on akkad, i also prefer index since akkad has a very specific setup, while on the index theres just alot more variety interms of the useable frames so i dont get bored or burnt out as fast, the maps often change too. to each thier own i guess.

If you're not running the setup for it yes the index can be faster, however the Akkad farm using Nidus, Hydroid, Chroma and Trinity/Nekros with Sechura Lecta is fast, easy and nets you Endo+trash mods to sell/convert to Endo, Focus AND Syndicate standing. It gives you everything in one farm easily.

Any time I've run the Index, I've never gotten more than 200k credits in a single run solo.

1 hour ago, YandereWaifu said:

Im sorry that a part of the game you like is being temporarily removed but, not to burst your bubble or anything, frankly raids were hardly ever done by the vast majority of the player base, they might have been ok for you all but in reality most players found raids to be boring and tedious, completely clashing with warframes fast paced action game play, others found that most of the rewards were just trash, seriously out of all the arcanes how many are actually useful, they were an underplayed buggy mess that would cause problems whenever there was a big update. removing them was the right call in this current situation. rather than wasting time and manpower on something a minority of players did, they cut it loose for the time being and now with those extra human resources they can work on bigger and better things. there was a hint that the devs working on the raids were also burnt out from constantly having to try to fix them, these are people not machines giving them something else to do was best. It really isnt that uncommon of an occurence in video games, an example being league of legends where rito decided to remove the dominion game mode from the game for more or less the same reasons stated by DE for removing trails from warframe. 

DE has been slowing the game down little by little. Raids are one of the fastest missions you can run with a decent group. Also raids have the second largest discord community. And i doubt DE has been burnt out on fixing raids, since almost every new patch breaks them. The raiding community get's used to and makes a workaround the bugs, finds the issues that are causing said bugs, then basically gives that to DE and they fix them, I can hardly call that being burnt out.

The most glaring issue with raids that I've heard is the cost per key. New players just cannot get into raiding. You don't have time to raid when you have to do sorties, PoE, focus and other sorts of farming. Make the nodes just exist, make them free. That way more people will try them out, get redirected to RSB where they can learn raids without facing the small elitist raiding community that plagues recruit chat.

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

If you're not running the setup for it yes the index can be faster, however the Akkad farm using Nidus, Hydroid, Chroma and Trinity/Nekros with Sechura Lecta is fast, easy and nets you Endo+trash mods to sell/convert to Endo, Focus AND Syndicate standing. It gives you everything in one farm easily.

Any time I've run the Index, I've never gotten more than 200k credits in a single run solo.

credit boosters affect index, the thing at the end doesnt show the x2 amount for some reason, but you do get your 2x credit rewards, also for focus i just run either nightquilnox or pill(cosby)vara, much more efficient, time and focus wise and for endo well the arenas on sedna are a thing also you do get trash mods from the index, not many but you get far more credits per run in general, syndicate standings as well arent an issue for me, as i usually get them maxed just doing regular missions and such. as far as im concerned my ~400k (cuz you also get the credits you wagered as well) per ~6-7 minute run is just faster than akkad, an issue for me as well is that id honestly get tired of the map after 20 waves and want a change of scenery cant imagine sitting though 40 waves (in general i really prefer things like survivals to defense)

23 minutes ago, TheMightyBaloon said:

DE has been slowing the game down little by little. Raids are one of the fastest missions you can run with a decent group. Also raids have the second largest discord community. And i doubt DE has been burnt out on fixing raids, since almost every new patch breaks them. The raiding community get's used to and makes a workaround the bugs, finds the issues that are causing said bugs, then basically gives that to DE and they fix them, I can hardly call that being burnt out.

The most glaring issue with raids that I've heard is the cost per key. New players just cannot get into raiding. You don't have time to raid when you have to do sorties, PoE, focus and other sorts of farming. Make the nodes just exist, make them free. That way more people will try them out, get redirected to RSB where they can learn raids without facing the small elitist raiding community that plagues recruit chat.

that second largest discord community happens to be a minority as its pretty obvious most players dont do raids, while this info is dated, in 2016 near the end of september DE showed player statistics and only around 1.29% of players(pc) had ever even done a raid( using these cuz they were the only statistics i thiink de ever showed), the prices of some arcanes are a testement to that (400-450 for 1 arcane energise), as for fixing them, how long has jordas been buggy exactly? how many times have they tried a fix to its bugs? the most glaring issue with raids was the struggle to find a group to do them(exp only), especially if you were new(just lie and play it off cool), theres also the issue of the lack of tutorials for those raids so newbies who come along usually dont know what to do unless they go to an outside source for info, furthermore why would you waste time doing them, go through all that then get arcane healing? arcane arachne? there are so many shty arcanes its really not worth the rng.

lastly DE isnt slowing the game down, rather they are stamping out those brain dead campy playstyles, rather than just sit there and quake enemies to death they want you to move run jump in missions, to actually have that fast paced guns blazing style, why do you think we havent seen many puzzles outside of raids? maybe in kelas boss battle but thats about it,look at the last few events, ie plague star and the ghouls or even before them pacifism defect and ambulas reborn, no big puzzles just shoot shoot shoot defend shoot shoot shoot run. you can believe what you want, that doesnt necessarily make it right, time to face the facts.

zbC8BWp.png

Edited by YandereWaifu

@YandereWaifu The important question is why are people playing those mission? Are those done by new players or vets. Are those relic missions, since I am betting the largest portion is probably relic missions. How many of those are use for farming exp/focus? Numbers mean nothing if you aren't backing them up with a solid argument. And as I mentioned raids get buggy with new patches. The majority of bug fixes were done to close exploit gaps so that raids are not abused and done in a short amount of time. Kinda like what DE is doing with chroma, they just don't want their game to be exploited or in any case be easily farmable.

2 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

You still need 4 people to do that, you can solo the index and get between 1-1.5 million credits with a booter in 30-40 minutes. Easy. Akad is 50K solo with a booster each 5 waves. I get around 150 solo in 5 minutes (max average 3) at the index.  

Edited by (PS4)El_Senior_Fats

7 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

You expect us to read all of that but did you even read DE's statement about raids? It is TEMPORARY.

Why are people being such drama queens to change and improvement to broken systems?

The problem with this is it is still going away, even tho it is for sometime. No one wants to wait for reworked raids. I would rather do the current raids while waiting for the rework instead of DE temporary removing raids. The Dark Sector rework still has not come out yet, and it has been 3+ years. What DE can do instead is leave Raids in, and add a patch later on to fix the raids. And tbf, I think raids are fine just the way they are.

7 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Why would I want to do 40 waves? It gets redundant. Also, I meant to say fragments, not helmets. I was still on the old system lol.

7 hours ago, YandereWaifu said:

I just play the raid not just for the rewards, but for fun. I honestly dont care about Arcane Fragments.

5 hours ago, YandereWaifu said:

that second largest discord community happens to be a minority as its pretty obvious most players dont do raids, while this info is dated, in 2016 near the end of september DE showed player statistics and only around 1.29% of players(pc) had ever even done a raid( using these cuz they were the only statistics i thiink de ever showed), the prices of some arcanes are a testement to that (400-450 for 1 arcane energise), as for fixing them, how long has jordas been buggy exactly? how many times have they tried a fix to its bugs? the most glaring issue with raids was the struggle to find a group to do them(exp only), especially if you were new(just lie and play it off cool), theres also the issue of the lack of tutorials for those raids so newbies who come along usually dont know what to do unless they go to an outside source for info, furthermore why would you waste time doing them, go through all that then get arcane healing? arcane arachne? there are so many shty arcanes its really not worth the rng.

lastly DE isnt slowing the game down, rather they are stamping out those brain dead campy playstyles, rather than just sit there and quake enemies to death they want you to move run jump in missions, to actually have that fast paced guns blazing style, why do you think we havent seen many puzzles outside of raids? maybe in kelas boss battle but thats about it,look at the last few events, ie plague star and the ghouls or even before them pacifism defect and ambulas reborn, no big puzzles just shoot shoot shoot defend shoot shoot shoot run. you can believe what you want, that doesnt necessarily make it right, time to face the facts.

zbC8BWp.png

Jordas is buggy as hell and I dont play the Jordas raid, I play LoR raids

7 hours ago, paul5473 said:

Arcanes are getting put into the new eidolons anyways so they're still in the game

Lastly, I really hate Plains of Eidolon in my opinion, it got dried really quickly.

Edited by LordCommander---

11 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

You expect us to read all of that but did you even read DE's statement about raids? It is TEMPORARY.

Why are people being such drama queens to change and improvement to broken systems?

They used Dark Sector as an analogy to its "temporary" removal, which if you do not remember (doubt you do, its "temporary" termination is older than either of our accounts) is gone for almost 3 years, and DE still hasn't shown any real progress on it. And no, a starchart icon in the background during a devstream that was not elaborated on isn't progress.

Oh and as an icing on the cake, they specifically mentioned working on raids in the "distant future" too. If "temporary" means 2+ years in DE terminology, one has to wonder just what "distant future" means other than "never".

5 hours ago, LordCommander--- said:

Lastly, I really hate Plains of Eidolon in my opinion, it got dried really quickly.

I completely understand just want to state the fact that arcanes are still in the game is all. I'm burnt out of planning the plains aswell so I understand where you're coming from 

14 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

because the Dark Sector Armistice was temporary and it's been down for like 3 years and the only thing they've done since then is prevent people from researching solar rails.

It wasn't until recently that they mentioned dark sectors again. But i'm not taking it as a sign that I can get my clan XP up for building a rail even if i cant use it

17 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Honestly, thats some slow raids you are doing mate, even index is a better farm for credits than akkad since the lecta nerf. You are grossly misinformed about raids being hard or the time taken to complete them successfully. Making stuff accessible to the entire playerbase is not the point of end game content. Moreover this is a co-op game and raids needed coordination and is immense fun playing with friends on voice chat. Yes make all content catering to people asking to solo them, i fail to see the point of your argument. This is like those events or even hema where people were complaining about not being able to farm in solo clans. Also why do people keep assuming that arcanes will be directly dropped from eidolons like raids? DE will probably make it blueprints and one needs to build em like other arcanes on POE. Which means farming other resources also.  

Raids needed to go. They're buggy and DE is clearly having trouble keeping them running properly, and in their current state they appeal to almost none of the community. If you love raids so much, why aren't you willing to temporarily give them up for even better, more polished, more fun raids in the future?

4 hours ago, Auraelus said:

Raids needed to go. They're buggy and DE is clearly having trouble keeping them running properly, and in their current state they appeal to almost none of the community. If you love raids so much, why aren't you willing to temporarily give them up for even better, more polished, more fun raids in the future?

Because in my opinion, I havent noticed anything wrong with raids, especially LoR raids. Jordas is buggy as hell, but LoR is better