Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need a clock badly for plains.

Lancars

I go to cetus. "Oh its night! teralyst hunt!" Get into field "Dawn draws near!" BAH

Need a clock to see if i'm wasting my time going to the plains for teralyst hunting. I know waste is a strong word but trying to leave the plains is a pain when you have a group and i don't like leaving if i'm a host since host migration tends to hurt the other 3 players. But the plains really needs a clock. That's in game not on a website. I know about it.

Edited by Lancars

1 minute ago, Antiphoton said:

You can see the remaining cycle time in the new bounties from Konzu, the ones that work as matchmaking for Eidolon hunting.

But I agree, we should be able to see the exact remaining time from the orbiter.

Indeed. Ordis can count stars why can't he tell you the time.

3 minutes ago, Cyberhazard said:

clockofeidolon.com    it's the site that I'm using, and it can send a audio notification as soon as the night start. so even if you're ingame and the page is openned you can't miss it

I said i know about it. And again not a website. Something in game would be better.

Sorry if i seem snippy. Just not doing well. I know you're trying to be helpful so i apologize. Bad day so far.

Edited by Lancars

Just now, Cyberhazard said:

indeed, I can't deny it, it would be a nice QoL addition, like a Lotus/Ordis message saying  "Night is slowly falling upon the plains, Sentient menace detected" or thing like that would be great.

Plus Ordis can have some new weird lines.

The time/clock should be shown at plains as well. Now, when the eidolons can respawn during one night I would like to estimate how many of them I am able to hunt down again. In the current state of affairs it often ends in a blatant waste brilliant/radiant shards (because of "sunrise near..." monit and death of the lures).

Edited by manimalia

Sitting here having to wait for night just to do content is not fun. If i go do other things i end up missing it too. So i'm damned either way it seems. Waste time sitting here or missing it. And the fact the nights are so short.

Edited by Lancars

Indeed, while external utilities do exist there's no justifiable reason (as far as I know) to not have clear information presented inside of the game's own UI for players to access.  The rough "time of day" notation on the starchart node is but the tiniest step towards proper information clarity that should be a standard for gameplay elements based on time restrictions.

To draw a comparison just to point out how audacious it is that we still don't have such a timer;  We already have timers in the game elsewhere, so why the refusal for parity for this system?

• Sorties, they count down till the next reset very visibly from our orbiter.  No matter when we get on we know how much time we have left to complete the current rotation without having to check external sources.
  • Alerts, same thing as above.  This time with added clarity due to the more limited nature of said alerts.  We can see their listings above the Nav console while walking up to it, and have a full listing in the World State menu for them, with up-to-date timings.
  • Our own Foundary.  When we build things the game openly and visibly counts out how long we have till the noted items are completed.  We're easily able to track progression in a way that simply works well.

So again, why the refusal to give us a proper timer?  It can even be kept alongside their current naming system where the game will list it like "Morning, Xh, Ym, till Nightfall" or "Night, xm till Morning" and so on.  Having proper detailed information in the UI for time sensitive content is simply fundamental.  This is something that should just be the standard, not something we should have to ask for.

One of Warframe's greatest problems is its players' reliance on out-of-game resources for basic information gathering.  Despite the game's enjoyment factor that clearly speaks to a lot of folks, a lot of newer players end up feeling frustrated by how unclear the game's systems are through the lack of information displayed in our various UIs.  So many game systems are woefully lacking clarity in the game itself despite the fact that we have a Codex that should cover the basics so much better than it does.  But that's delving into a greater side of this topic, so I'll cut it off here.

3 hours ago, Lancars said:

I go to cetus. "Oh its night! teralyst hunt!" Get into field "Dawn draws near!" BAH

Need a clock to see if i'm wasting my time going to the plains for teralyst hunting. I know waste is a strong word but trying to leave the plains is a pain when you have a group and i don't like leaving if i'm a host since host migration tends to hurt the other 3 players. But the plains really needs a clock. That's in game not on a website. I know about it.

Indeed. :thumbup:

Felt lost many times in PoE. Hopefully to see it soon.