Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Needs To Be More Ways Other Than The Market And Defense Missions To Get Void Keys.

Aspari

Title. Raid missions should have a chance of giving Void Keys too. They're Orokin artifacts, are they not?

But since you're deleting Raid, Survival and Alerts should give Void Keys too.

Whoops, forgot log-in rewards too.

Edited by Aspari

Title. Raid missions should have a chance of giving Void Keys too. They're Orokin artifacts, are they not?

But since you're deleting Raid, Survival and Alerts should give Void Keys too.

Nothing on alerts please... the system is already bad and saturated as it is.

I think raid have chances but so low that no one would bother.

While the new void keys have a absurdly low chance of drop.... i also rather they don't hurt the defense reward tables.... since that's the only way to get forma.... and the forma drop chance it's already super lame

I just got one from a Login Reward today as well, but feedback here is noted!

Why you rub it on my face becca :(? I claim hax! Hax Everywhere! I've been getting credits, xp and useless market bps for the last three weeks or more.... no keys, no forma.... and of course, let's not even mention the mythical potatoes =P

i hear you can get them from raid missions, though i have not seen it myself. however, with them removing that, it does limit them even further. that said, i think keys from def is fine. void is end game content anyway, so its understandable that it makes you jump a few hoops to get there.

side note: increasing the easy of access to void means that many newbies who have no reason being there will go and cry here on the forum about nerfing/buffing this or that, and that is not something we need more of. end game content should be hard, not only to get but to get through. this does not mean the drop rates for keys should behigher/lower than where they currently are (though t1 and t2 seem to be far more rare than t3).

I've been trying to farm lower level defense missions for days to obtain T1-2 Capture/Defense keys but the drop rate for Raid/Ext is so much higher over them I literally have around 60 Raid- 30 Ext keys right now. 

Really trying to farm for these T1-2  Captures to obtain the new prime blueprints.

Hopefully this observation isn't too off topic for the thread, but there's one thing I haven't seen mentioned yet about "RNG."

We call it Random, but it isn't truly random. Math people probably already know that it's actually Pseudorandom. There are all kinds of different mathematical tricks that programmers can use to make Pseudorandom functions, but all have their individual pros and cons.

This isn't a topic I would expect any one at DE to give us specific details on, and I'm 100% fine with that. However, people should know that there is no such thing as a true Random Number Generator**.

I just thought that might be good information for people to have when we start talking about drop rates for individual items.

* as far as I know.

** in conventional computing - quantum computers are a whole other pineapple.

Edit: very minor edit for clarity

Edited by notlamprey

Keys from Login Rewards are always T1 and all you get out of those are Latron/Reaper Prime blueprints.

That's all I ever get.

Heck I've done several T3s and I'm still getting the same stupid blueprints you get from T1s. Haven't had the chance to try the new Void Types yet, but meh.

Yes, could you please give us keys from Capture, Sabotage, and Spy too?

Hopefully this observation isn't too off topic for the thread, but there's one thing I haven't seen mentioned yet about "RNG."

We call it Random, but it isn't truly random. Math people probably already know that it's actually Pseudorandom. There are all kinds of different mathematical tricks that programmers can use to make Pseudorandom functions, but all have their individual pros and cons.

This isn't a topic I would expect any one at DE to give us specific details on, and I'm 100% fine with that. However, people should know that there is no such thing as a true Random Number Generator**.

I just thought that might be good information for people to have when we start talking about drop rates for individual items.

* as far as I know.

** in conventional computing - quantum computers are a whole other pineapple.

Edit: very minor edit for clarity

Well, afaik DE hasn't given us any detailed info, but we do know exactly how mission rewards work thanks to Pwnatron's datamining.

Here's a link to an explanation of endless defense rewards -- it's outdated and uses the table from update 8, but the mechanics remain unchanged.

Link to the up-to-date master chart https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Au6mBXle3cFtdHBYUzVJaDJfdkIzSEN1cUh5UlRvckE&f=true&noheader=true&gid=18

Edited by litlir

How many bosses could a boss man boss if a boss man could boss bosses.

Like a boss.

Anyway, I'd like to see a buff to locker and container drops in general, to give people a reason to seek resources from something besides enemies and, therefore, missions besides defense. Keys should have a chance to drop from containers and lockers, as well as be a possible reward for completing any mission.