Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop deploying hotfixes during night time in POE

ThePHiLsTeR

Just now, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

No offense but you guys are making it sound like POE night only comes once in a 24-hour span of time. Sure, it's a minor inconvenience, I get that. But you can always try again.  

Try again and get another update... already  happened twice today.

22 minutes ago, ThePHiLsTeR said:

People wait for night to come. Then it finally comes and now the time you get is cut in half. Deploy them during the daytime. Stop wasting people's time!!

Its time for nighttime instances to always be available. Making people wait for the content they want to play is a GREAT way to remind them of their Steam backlog...and all the other games on sale there...

The cycle shouldn't exist at all as the only way to get into a night (or day) instance. It's horrendous design. Nobody should have to wait or plan their game time around a day/night cycle. It's the worst idea to ever make it live. The more day or night exclusive content is added, the worse it becomes and the more people will grow tired of it. I was over it the day it was released.

Awaiting more people to come out and actually say something about it since developers are more likely to ignore feedback against their design unless there's significant vocal backlash over it. It's surprising to me how many people seem to be perfectly fine with this system. 

18 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Its time for nighttime instances to always be available. Making people wait for the content they want to play is a GREAT way to remind them of their Steam backlog...and all the other games on sale there...

Create a permanent reason for people like OP to complain that a hotfix was deployed during night?

15 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

The cycle shouldn't exist at all as the only way to get into a night (or day) instance. It's horrendous design. Nobody should have to wait or plan their game time around a day/night cycle. It's the worst idea to ever make it live. The more day or night exclusive content is added, the worse it becomes and the more people will grow tired of it. I was over it the day it was released.

Awaiting more people to come out and actually say something about it since developers are more likely to ignore feedback against their design unless there's significant vocal backlash over it. It's surprising to me how many people seem to be perfectly fine with this system. 

People enjoy the different parts of the Plains and just don't play when they don't want to rather than complain on the forums?

4 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Create a permanent reason for people like OP to complain that a hotfix was deployed during night?

20 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

If you could go to a night instance whenever you wanted, nobody would complain about the timing because you could go back to night whenever you wanted... 

4 hours ago, peterc3 said:

People enjoy the different parts of the Plains and just don't play when they don't want to rather than complain on the forums?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Tolerating terrible design and not complaining about it isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of said terrible design. Are you saying you wouldn't enjoy the plains if the cycle could be bypassed in some way (IE: if Eidolon bounties were always available and put you in an instance as night started every time)? If not, why would you waste your time arguing against improving the situation? 

People don't have unlimited freedom to choose to play Warframe whenever they want. Inevitably it's going to be day when you want to do something at night. Inevitably you're going to have something else you need to do during the night cycle. Locking "end-game" content behind such an obnoxious timing cycle is a really awful choice you likely won't see in any other even somewhat popular game as most developers would realize the unnecessary inconvenience of that timing adds nothing beneficial to the game and acts only to discourage their playerbase. 

The entire cycle is a terrible design that offers no positive at all for the playerbase. Nobody is forcing anyone to play in the plains, which is why I infrequently do, but if you wanted to do a night or day activity (especially a night activity) the cycle is a massive turnoff for anyone that wants to play (which is a major reason behind why I infrequently bother to go there at all). 

It's just supposed to be some "cool" thing that ends up being inconvenient and pointless. Even as a time-gate it's terrible design. Quills are already gated by a daily cap, so there's no real reason to gate people to limited night time periods. Who cares how many shards you pile up when you're limited to how many you can spend per day? Completing focus using uncapped shards really isn't a big deal either, though they could easily limit you to X brilliant/eidolon shards a day from Eidolon's if they were that worried about it.