Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Soma Sucks

Gahrzerkire

I think the OP is salty about his Soma Prime being replaced in game by the Tenora, Prisma Gorgon and Telos Boltor.

1. Telos Boltor needs to lead target. It's a drawback. Clip is also tiny.

2. Tenora ... is better, especially when Rivens are inserted. It is the gun the Soma Prime wished it was. Can't deny XD. Now I just want the PRIME Tenora.

3.  Prisma Gorgon is also ... better, but smaller magazine.

Am I salty? After 5 formas into Soma P, you bet I am, but I just move on and 5 forma new rifles. The "double XP weekend" was nice.

2 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

I think the OP is salty about his Soma Prime being replaced in game by the Tenora, Prisma Gorgon and Telos Boltor.

1. Telos Boltor needs to lead target. It's a drawback. Clip is also tiny.

2. Tenora ... is better, especially when Rivens are inserted. It is the gun the Soma Prime wished it was. Can't deny XD. Now I just want the PRIME Tenora.

3.  Prisma Gorgon is also ... better, but smaller magazine.

Am I salty? After 5 formas into Soma P, you bet I am, but I just move on and 5 forma new rifles. The "double XP weekend" was nice.

Or... you and the OP could just stick to your Somas as their performance didn't change in the slightest.

It's fine. 

The hyperbole of these sorts of threads get tiresome very quickly. 

The SomaP didn't benefit from the MR rebalance (and it should have), but the gun hasn't changed. It still kicks ass and takes names. It just has a lot more company in the high-end fundament booting extravaganza. 

8 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Or... you and the OP could just stick to your Somas as their performance didn't change in the slightest.

My Soma is still Sortie viable. With hunter munitions and my Riven mod it still does respectable DPS against most enemies one would face. Even without the Riven it is ok.

It's just that when I shoot at level 125 Corrupted Heavy Gunner in simulacrum, it takes half the clip, which is not nice.

The performance didn't change, you are right. But just because it didn't become weaker doesn't mean other guns which improved cannot surpass and leave it in the dust.