Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Karak Wraith

DEATHLOK

Question

Status is about worthless but for a couple of hit scan weapons with very high fire rates (Twin Grakatas) or very high base damage (Twin Rogga)?

But I keep suspecting DE are going to "fix" Status.

Anyone think to put four dual status mods on Karak Wraith? The Status won't go over 100, but to 97.3%. Even with Vigilante Armaments over Primed Shred, it will not hit 100%.

If it is a bad idea, why? Fire rate too low? Damage too low?

I'm looking to set up a couple alternatives to Soma Prime, and have long been fond of Karak Wraith's look and sound. Without great Riven mods, nothing else comes close, but for regular missions, many other rifles are good enough.

If you went with two 90% elementals and two dual status mods, wouldn't you want to concentrate on a single damage type, rather than two—Corrosive vs Corrosive/Blast?

Thanks.

Edited by DEATHLOK

15 answers to this question

imo i just go with serration, 2 dual mods, ms, one of Acolyptes mod for rifle that gives status chance if aim in and 1 riven or not it just doing fine for me, as it wont hit 100% status chance but worked out till 60+-80+ enemies dies out *shrug*

also added Fire rate for some reason it makes up for it but dont quote on me for that ( as testing the results is unknown to me) 

Edited by Guest

You don't "need" 100% status on most bullet hoses. Or rather, if you don't have the damage to back it up, you spend some ammo removing all of the enemies armor... and then spend even more ammo dealing peanuts for damage against their health.

A majority of the newly buffed weapons make EXCELLENT corrosive status/crit hybrids. And a good corrosive status/crit build usually never fully removes armor, but instead brings it down to very low lvls, and then kills the enemy through high crit damage before it all runs out.

Edited by rapt0rman

No point getting it to 100% chance, it's not a shotgun. I suggest 2x60/60+2x90, corrosive all the way. Against armored targets this should yield the most amount of damage. I'm not counting faction mods, because switching weapon loadouts for every mission - well, maybe DE think it's fun, I don't.

1 hour ago, DEATHLOK said:

Status is about worthless

I'm sorry, what? It's one of the most important stats for weapons. 

26 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Karak Wraith now has 13% crit chance, which is enough to do a Viral + Hunter Munitions build, which is very powerful on it.

If you have a crit damage + crit chance Riven - yes, I guess it could work, but you won't have enough slots either for punch-through or one of the regular crit mods. But without a riven it will be outperformed by a straight up damage build by far.

1 minute ago, DarthKadra said:

If you have a crit damage + crit chance Riven - yes, I guess it could work, but you won't have enough slots either for punch-through or one of the regular crit mods. But without a riven it will be outperformed by a straight up damage build by far.

That depends on what enemies you are fighting. Star-chart level enemies will die faster from raw damage, but Viral + HM will kill Sortie level Grineer and Corpus faster, especially when elemental augmentation or increased armor/shields are present.

4 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

That depends on what enemies you are fighting. Star-chart level enemies will die faster from raw damage, but Viral + HM will kill Sortie level Grineer and Corpus faster, especially when elemental augmentation or increased armor/shields are present.

I tested it on Corrupted Heavy Gunners lvl140 just out of curiousity. A 2x60/60 +2x90 Corrosive is significantly stronger and you keep Primed Shred (which I personally can't bring myself to sacrifice at all, not because of the fire rate but because of punch-through). 

Augmentation can be both elemental and physical. It should work better against increased shields, that's about it.

But with the right Riven - yes, it should work nicely. Because without one you're roughly getting like 30% chance out of 30% crit chance - it's too low. 

EDIT: btw, my point is not that raw damage is better - the thing is, the status on Karak Wraith is very high now, that's why pure damage works.

Edited by DarthKadra

5 hours ago, DarthKadra said:

No point getting it to 100% chance, it's not a shotgun. I suggest 2x60/60+2x90, corrosive all the way. Against armored targets this should yield the most amount of damage. I'm not counting faction mods, because switching weapon loadouts for every mission - well, maybe DE think it's fun, I don't.

I'm sorry, what? It's one of the most important stats for weapons. 

I thought it a distant second to Critical damage—it's what you build for when Crit Chance is too low.

I'm probably building wrong.

17 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

I thought it a distant second to Critical damage—it's what you build for when Crit Chance is too low.

Consider three black box weapons (the actual stats don't matter here).  One is just raw damage.  One is crit based damage.  The last is status.

How do these three weapons perform in game?  Well, the game mechanics are built upon enemy scaling to increase difficulty and make you reach a failure point.  So your raw damage weapon is going to chug along an hit the failure wall first since it has no advantage over what is on paper. 

Your crit weapon is nothing more than a raw damage weapon that gets to take advantage of multiplied damage.  Obviously because of this 2x or higher multiplication the crit weapon is going to farther than the raw damage one.

Now status?  Primarily what status does in this game is end-around enemy scaling.  Corrosive strips armor.  Slash bypasses armor.  Toxin bypasses shields.  Viral reduces health by a flat 50%.  This is why status is more powerful than the other two.  But for you to see that you have to scale past the point where crit is king and many players do not do this.  This point is really beyond sorties.

Edited by (PS4)Agent_CHAR

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Hmmm cool thread.  I feel like I am definately at the raw damage failure point on my Braton prime,  cant really do crap vs 50+ enemies with 138 slash,  414 corrosive/blast.

I liked the karak visuals/sounds also and have several pieces for the wraith version...

Braton Prime is basically a side grade that focuses more on slash proc damage (without needing Hunter Munitions, though you can build around that too). Really, any build that works on the Karak W will work on the Braton P, though the Karak has a bit better of a riven disposition.

Edited by rapt0rman

Hopefully this isn't too much of a gravedig but seeing as this thread is about the Karak Wraith, I had to chime in.

Karak Wraith, in recent months, has become one of my favorite weapons.  I use it for most day-to-day missions, even sorties.  And I have a build that is a bit... unconventional.  Open the spoiler to see.

Spoiler

Ya12Xik.jpg

The general idea is to combine slash procs, cold procs, and (depending on the mission) either Corrosive, Gas, or Radiation procs.  You don't need 4x element/status mods to make this a status beast.  With just two element/status mods it'll proc status effects like no one's business.  The Cold procs ensure whatever I'm shooting at stays nice and far away, unable to close distance and attack me at point blank range, while the gas and slash procs wear it down.  Yes, I know that Karak Wraith is not a slash-heavy weapon, which is why I put Fanged Fusillade on to balance the physical procs more towards Slash procs.  As for the riven mod, it does +183.6% damage, +108.4% multishot, +56.4% reload speed, and -45.3% ammo maximum.  The minus ammo max doesn't hurt at all, Rifle ammo being the most common type in the game.  In the rare event I do run out, I can always drop Large Ammo Restores.  The fast reload speed is, simply put, a pleasure to use.

It is indeed an unconventional build and that's part of why I love it so much.  Despite looking like something a noob would make, it's incredibly effective and just plain fun.  If you can replicate my build, I highly recommend it (just sub in Heavy Caliber if you don't have a decent Karak riven).

On 2/18/2018 at 7:10 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Hmmm cool thread.  I feel like I am definately at the raw damage failure point on my Braton prime,  cant really do crap vs 50+ enemies with 138 slash,  414 corrosive/blast.

I liked the karak visuals/sounds also and have several pieces for the wraith version...

Keep in mind both the Karak Wraith and Braton Prime are crit viable weapons now. They do best with a crit/status build. They don't do enough crit to really leverage Hunter's Munitions, but they don't really need it. You're better off with Fanged Fusillade. 

You don't need overwhelming status, either. Hitting around 50% is enough to strip armor and apply copious bleed effects (particularly on the BratonP). More is better, but don't hesitate to swap out a 60/60 mod for something more useful (like Fanged Fusillade). 

I can take my BratonP to sorties and it does well enough. It's not my first choice, but it can handle lvl60+ enemies without undue difficulty. There are much better choices for third stage sorties, but it's good enough for the first two stages. 

On 2/18/2018 at 10:50 AM, rapt0rman said:

You don't "need" 100% status on most bullet hoses. Or rather, if you don't have the damage to back it up, you spend some ammo removing all of the enemies armor... and then spend even more ammo dealing peanuts for damage against their health.

A majority of the newly buffed weapons make EXCELLENT corrosive status/crit hybrids. And a good corrosive status/crit build usually never fully removes armor, but instead brings it down to very low lvls, and then kills the enemy through high crit damage before it all runs out.

This^ Mine is more focused on rate of fire, and status. You get tons of procs because of the sheer number of rounds fired that strips the enemy of it's protections.