Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Cell farming method

13abyShadow

So about a week ago, me and a few other friends came up with a "stupid" idea to bring a speed nova and 3 despoil nekros into Gabii, Ceres for an Orokin cell farm. Of course we knew that it was the "wrong" method of doing it, since desecrate does no stack and 1 corpse can only be desecrated once. But 30 minutes in, we noticed something, we were all getting 1 orokin cell per minute average, we all had resource boosters which double our resource rewards, even without a booster, we would be getting 1 cell every 2 minutes!

Here's some screenshots of the end game summary screen.

Spoiler

VRo501r.jpg

mzob7bT.jpg

We re ran it again, to find even better results!

Spoiler

iDHWIMT.jpg

N2rWRKz.jpg

42 Cells in 32 minutes? That has never happened to me on a normal run, note that besides me, everyone else were running nekroses.

After that, I decided to do some play testing. 20 mins with the normal farming team composition: 1 speedva, 1 nekros, 1 pilfdroid, 1 trinity

Here's the result

Spoiler

arxUL2e.jpg

I did more testing with different team compositions to see which composition wielded the most orokin cells, but the results between the 3 nekros in a party versus a pilfdroid and a nekros party is so drastic. 

Yes, I know this will be very very hard for people to believe, I don't expect you to either. I have tried this with some pub players who are willing to give my idea a try, and it gave use consistent results that 3 nekros in a party wields higher orokin cells. 

Here's the logic I can conclude from this experiment:

We all know that desecration does not stack, meaning one corpse/body part can only be desecrated once. But we also know that not all corpses are desecrated simultaneously, with each corpse having a short time gap between the next. We also know, that each desecration has a 54% chance to reroll another reward, meaning in a 100 mob case you'll get 54 maximum rerolls. Now, to have 1 nekros only desecrating, this means all reroll possibilities and outcomes depends on his RNG script, meaning there will only be 1 RNG script running in a given point of time. So if the game decides to give that nekros 54 health orbs, he shall get 54 health orbs. To have 2 nekroses desecrating at the same time, you've effectively split the RNG table into 2 separate scripts, meaning you'll have more chance of getting something besides health orbs. To have 3 nekroses, means you'll have 3 scripts running. So, the more RNG scripts, the higher chance you'll be able to get that orokin cell. 

Basically, instead of 1 corpse being rolled at 1 single point of time within a single script, 3 corpses are being rolled at 1 single point of time within 3 separate scripts. 

You can choose to ignore me, criticize me, or say anything, but I would like to hear some constructive feedback and of course your own playtest experience (with screenshots)

I'll upload more pictures of my playtest if needed, including the 2 nekros 1 pilfdroid composition, to further back up and prove that using 3 nekroses is way more efficient.

Thanks for reading!

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Crystalshadow98:

Thanks for reading!

Great idea. 

Another spot that addionally drops Neurodes, Nano Spores and Mutagen Samples would be Derelict Defense. Bring two pilfering hydroids (one for the left and one for the right stairs), max range nekros and speed nova..

6 hours ago, k05h said:

Great idea. 

Another spot that addionally drops Neurodes, Nano Spores and Mutagen Samples would be Derelict Defense. Bring two pilfering hydroids (one for the left and one for the right stairs), max range nekros and speed nova..

Hmm. Will try that :D

On 19/02/2018 at 8:35 AM, Crystalshadow98 said:

42 Cells in 32 minutes? That has never happened to me on a normal run, note that besides me, everyone else were running nekroses.

While I understand that you've posted the clear difference in squad configuration as a factor and that you're conclusion is correct, you've not stated anywhere I can see that you were running a double booster, therefore all your results should be halved at least.

Edited by Carnage2K4

2 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

While I understand that you've posted the clear difference in squad configuration as a factor and that you're conclusion is correct, you've not stated anywhere I can see that you were running a double booster, therefore all your results should be halved at least.

Yea but after halving the 42, I still have 21 compared to 4 (halved from 8). It's still alot difference.