Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mining doesn't reward skill enough

motorfirebox

I understand that you don't want to give away too much for perfect mining, but doing well and doing poorly in the mining minigame just doesn't seem to matter all that much. The ore is okayish, you get 10 for a perfect and 6-8 if you come close. But with gems, I feel like doing a perfect mine should result in more than 5 devar, y'know? 

Accurate mining should result in not just more gems, but higher quality gems. Make them stack, so if you mine poorly you get devar, but if you mine well you get devar and a few veridos. At the very least, a perfect cut should give you a reroll on the Eidolon gem spawn.

Also, if it's not too much to ask, don't make mining interrupt Ivara's Prowl. She's already a distant second to Loki when it comes to stealth, at least give her this.

12 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

I understand that you don't want to give away too much for perfect mining, but doing well and doing poorly in the mining minigame just doesn't seem to matter all that much. The ore is okayish, you get 10 for a perfect and 6-8 if you come close. But with gems, I feel like doing a perfect mine should result in more than 5 devar, y'know? 

Accurate mining should result in not just more gems, but higher quality gems. Make them stack, so if you mine poorly you get devar, but if you mine well you get devar and a few veridos. At the very least, a perfect cut should give you a reroll on the Eidolon gem spawn.

Also, if it's not too much to ask, don't make mining interrupt Ivara's Prowl. She's already a distant second to Loki when it comes to stealth, at least give her this.

It does, gem icon filled gives a 3% chance of a rare gem.  It's not like mining requires that much skill.  They'd have to add in more difficulty to justify a higher drop rate.

People have already mentioned that the better you do on gems, the higher chance of an eidolon gem.

As for the ivara thing, 
1) Mining isn't silent at all, therefore it treats it like you're firing a flux rifle into some grin-rocks.
2) 

18 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

She's already a distant second to Loki when it comes to stealth

ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u4.pngShe's better.

I want to like Ivara, but I've been doing constant mining runs with her and Loki and Loki is flat out better for the simple reason that he can stealth at full speed and mine while invisible. With Ivara I don't even really bother trying to be sneaky, I only stay invisible long enough to murder everything so I can mine in peace.

Well for PC players we can get a mouse with variable sensitivity so we can go high sens on normal missions, and with a click do low sens for mining. I mean 1/2 times I mine I get perfect cuts, and the balance is all mostly 4 - 4.5 filled gems.

I don't know what kind of nightmare using a controller would be, but if you have problems mining, a lower sensitivity would help.

17 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Well for PC players we can get a mouse with variable sensitivity so we can go high sens on normal missions, and with a click do low sens for mining. I mean 1/2 times I mine I get perfect cuts, and the balance is all mostly 4 - 4.5 filled gems.

I don't know what kind of nightmare using a controller would be, but if you have problems mining, a lower sensitivity would help.

It's a nightmare for us.  I'm lucky to get 3 filled gems.  If I ever get the riven challenge to get a perfect 5 gems filled while mining, I'll probably have to dissolve it since I won't be able to complete it and I doubt anyone else would want to buy it off me and try the challenge.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (Xbox One)R3d P01nt:

It's a nightmare for us.  I'm lucky to get 3 filled gems.  If I ever get the riven challenge to get a perfect 5 gems filled while mining, I'll probably have to dissolve it since I won't be able to complete it and I doubt anyone else would want to buy it off me and try the challenge.

Did console even get the changes that make it easier already?

vor einer Stunde schrieb (Xbox One)R3d P01nt:

I'm not aware of any changes to make things easier.  Changes that would help would certainly be welcome.

Not too long ago they did a QoL update on mining that makes the form show longer and the detection less tight. On PC I am now able to reliably hit at least 4 gems, mostly 4.5 or even 5 while I even trying my best wasn't able to get more than 3 before.

28 minutes ago, xBelgabor said:

Not too long ago they did a QoL update on mining that makes the form show longer and the detection less tight. On PC I am now able to reliably hit at least 4 gems, mostly 4.5 or even 5 while I even trying my best wasn't able to get more than 3 before.

I mine quite a bit - you still need to get perfectly on the lines to make the skill check go up higher.

It gets bad when you end up in a horrific angle that pivots and repositions the camera as you turn around while mining.

Zooming makes it far too slow as well.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)Aerik93:

I mine quite a bit - you still need to get perfectly on the lines to make the skill check go up higher.

It gets bad when you end up in a horrific angle that pivots and repositions the camera as you turn around while mining.

Zooming makes it far too slow as well.

Yes, for me 4-5 is under good conditions, awkward angles make it harder, still I'd actively have to try in 99% of cases to get less than 3. You have to follow the line fairly closely, but in my experience that has become much easier with the update, at least if you have the top tier tool, not sure about the others.

In short, the update has gotten me from why-am-I-even-trying to this-is-actually-fun.

4 minutes ago, xBelgabor said:

Yes, for me 4-5 is under good conditions, awkward angles make it harder, still I'd actively have to try in 99% of cases to get less than 3. You have to follow the line fairly closely, but in my experience that has become much easier with the update, at least if you have the top tier tool, not sure about the others.

In short, the update has gotten me from why-am-I-even-trying to this-is-actually-fun.

You’re on PC though - I play on PS4.

You can’t exactly compare PC aim to console aim, and you can’t really avoid it seeing all the cancer on every gaming forum.

PC master race and all that crap.

It’s way harder for us on console to do those tight angles that go about 7 degrees right from straight down. At the very least it isn’t as bad as PS2 controller aiming, but it still isn’t easy.

You with a mouse could complete a mining mini game in about three seconds flawlessly without any effort whatsoever. We with controllers are extremely lucky to get four gems, over ten painstaking nerve-wracking seconds of whether we’re doing good enough or not.

Edited by (PS4)Aerik93

vor 11 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Aerik93:

You can’t exactly compare PC aim to console aim, and you can’t really avoid it seeing all the cancer on every gaming forum.

Of course not, what I was trying to tell is in short, there has been a QoL update on PC that made mining easier and I do not know if it has hit console yet, so it might become easier for you guys as well if it hasn't. Before the update it was hard to get more than 3 gems even with mouse and keyboard, now it isn't any more.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:36 AM, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

You with a mouse could complete a mining mini game in about three seconds flawlessly without any effort whatsoever. We with controllers are extremely lucky to get four gems, over ten painstaking nerve-wracking seconds of whether we’re doing good enough or not.

Eh, prior to the update getting more than 2-3 gems was Adderall territory even on PC. Post-update, I get 5 gems on ore veins by accident (I've got gigantic ore stockpiles so I just scribble on ore veins). Gem veins are harder, but I can reliably get 4.5 gems, usually 5. Aiming on controllers is awful, but I think once you guys get the update 5 gems should be achievable.

i'd agree that getting 5/5 instead of anything lower isn't all that rewarding because it's exponentially harder to get a higher score, but you get a linear Reward.
amusingly, i got the flashy effect once or twice but didn't actually get the 5/5 Reward scale. that was amusing. i wonder if the scale goes in more than 0.5 steps, and is actually linear, and it's rounding it up on the UI but not in Rewards.

now, i don't really mind for not being showered in riches for getting a perfect score, but it's a fact either way and facts are what i deal in.

and yeah the adjustments to make Mining easier certainly made it easier. it's uh, really easy now IMO as someone that's been using computers for decades.