Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE Reconsider the Glaxion changes

apricotlegend

4 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

It's also, oddly enough, NOT the only number on the weapon.

Yeah i know, but where did i say anything about anything other than the crit? Just because status  got buffed and makes it a viable status weapon now doesnt mean crit builds didnt get nerfed.

Edited by Hooride

1 minute ago, Hooride said:

Yeah i know, but where did i say anything about anything other than the crit? Just because status  got buffed and makes it a viable status weapon now doesnt mean crit builds didnt get nerfed.

Right. The enormous increase in base damage, even when offset by the lower fire rate, is why crit builds didn't get nerfed.

2 minutes ago, Hooride said:

Do you get  orange crits 100% of the time?

So you don't actually care WHAT the numbers and math mean for average DPS, just what color the numbers are? Got it! In that case, yes, it's a lot worse now.

Edited by OvisCaedo

2 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

So you don't actually care WHAT the numbers and math mean for average DPS, just what color the numbers are? Got it!

No, you assume the numbers are low because of the question? You do know you get more crit damage with other colors beyond  yellow right?

Edited by Hooride

8 minutes ago, Hooride said:

No, you assume the numbers are low because of the question? You do know you get more crit damage with other colors beyond  yellow right?

I'm quite aware of it! I've just also seen people calculate the numbers already, and the weapon's damage output is STILL higher, even WITHOUT regularly double-critting. Though the gap might become very, very small if an ideal riven mod was being looked at.

Edited by OvisCaedo

1 minute ago, OvisCaedo said:

I'm quite aware of it! I've just also seen people calculate the numbers already, and the weapon's damage output is STILL higher, even WITHOUT regularly double-critting.

If you build it with status in mind, Link some of these calculations so i can have a look.

Edited by Hooride

6 minutes ago, Hooride said:

If you build it with status in mind, Link some of these calculations so i can have a look.

Here's a post where they included a nice image of the spreadsheet of all of the before/after DPS numbers with and without the two core crit mods. Admittedly, I suppose it does NOT include what things might be with argon scope and/or bladed rounds. I've seen some people claiming that with those, the new version is still slightly ahead on DPS, but most of these things are pretty badly buried in the flood of replies to the topics.

1 minute ago, OvisCaedo said:

Here's a post where they included a nice image of the spreadsheet of all of the before/after DPS numbers with and without the two core crit mods. Admittedly, I suppose it does NOT include what things might be with argon scope and/or bladed rounds. I've seen some people claiming that with those, the new version is still slightly ahead on DPS, but most of these things are pretty badly buried in the flood of replies to the topics.

Ok. thanks

Glaxion got a 3% nerf in average damage rate and can no longer distill desired damaging status procs as status weapons could before this change.  In exchange, it got a 56% increase in ammo efficiency and a major increase in proc frequency potential.  Better for armor stripping with corrosive damage, and frees up a mod/sentinel slot due to lower reliance on ammo bandaids.  Worse for dealing damage with Heat/Gas/Electric procs, and not any better for applying Blast/Viral/Radiation procs.  Most people care most about armor stripping and ammo efficiency, so the changes are definitely "right" in that regard.  However, I will miss its old niche.  Leaving all of these things aside, the Glaxion was and is a pretty strong weapon in terms of both damage and status application.

7 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Status per second is gone, Beam weapons are now Status monsters
and Glaxion can easily reach 100% Status for a full 12 procs per second (at base Fire Rate)
... or possibly even 24, dunno, that traces stuff is not very clear :P

Also, please consider Glaxion's 24m range vs Amprex' puny 14m.

wow thanks for stating the blatantly obvious. is the sky also blue?

6 hours ago, Walkampf said:

In this case, the OP. because his claim ist just stupid....

Well, and you, since i just tested the Amrpex and yeah.... definitly a buff. No way in hell to argue there. (Seriously, this thing just melts a 150 Bombard.)

But i think Buzkyl is (rightfully) generalising.

I see you have your tinfoil hat on. Care to tell everybody what my "claim" is?