Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka Hitscan now?

General_Durandal

Question

10 answers to this question

Beam Weapon behavior was originally changed to help with performance but as we've made optimizations to the game over time, we can return them to their original status of hitscan weapons with pinpoint accuracy and zero recoil. 

You're cherry picking. Nowhere they said beam weapons are now hitscan because beam weapons are always hitscan. And correct classification for Lanka is projectile weapon

25 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

You're cherry picking. Nowhere they said beam weapons are now hitscan because beam weapons are always hitscan. And correct classification for Lanka is projectile weapon

Beam Weapon behavior was originally changed to help with performance but as we've made optimizations to the game over time, we can return them to their original status of hitscan weapons with pinpoint accuracy and zero recoil. Or at least we think we can.

direct quote from update notes

the wording was referencing Continuous Weapons, unfortunately Digital Extremes chooses a non absolute name to refer to them by, hence your possible confusion.

1 hour ago, Sqecmi said:

lanka is railgun.

(actually it's a Coilgun but that's offtopic to i digress)

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

nah a few beam weapons actually had to um.. "expand" to their max range(?)

please excuse my wording here, but basically what i mean is that some of the beam weapons actually had travel time when you started firing, so if you tapped the trigger it would only reach about a meter or so

14 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

nah a few beam weapons actually had to um.. "expand" to their max range(?)

please excuse my wording here, but basically what i mean is that some of the beam weapons actually had travel time when you started firing, so if you tapped the trigger it would only reach about a meter or so

IIRC only Spectra worked that way and it's still a hit scan.The expanding beam is just a delay to create the illusion that the beam is expanding. But the hit detection system is still hitscan. Projectile means the hit detection is an independent mesh that needs to collide with body in order for a hit to be registered.

Considering how complex and varied the weapons are, there will always be rooms for arguments and nitpicking so i won't go there. But the bottom line is the recent weapon change has no connection to Lanka and can't be used as reason to change Lanka.

19 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

Lanka is actually a plasma weapon since, you know, light doesn't work like that

i think, once upon a time when we had damage 1.0, its damage type was considered "laser", alongside the dera

as for light working like that, maybe in the super-future of warframe they discovered a way to produce and maintain photon gas. or maybe the projectile fired by the lanka/dera/cestra is actually a magnetically contained volume of super-cooled rubidium gas that has been saturated with photons in order to produce a small yet dense mass of photonic molecules, it would certainly explain why the lanka deals radiation damage (given the fact that photons are electromagnetic radiation) but wouldnt do much to explain why the dera and its conventional damage