Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE can't figure out rewards for the new darksector replacement? Well here is an idea

45neo

Since the idea of the new game mode is facing off against random enemies in random scenarios in a whole mash-up of every faction wouldn't it make sense for the rewards to be just as varied?

So here is my idea a tier based random reward system where you can get ANYTHING in the game, besides founder exclusives and dev things like the lotus skin... anyways the way I was thinking this could work is if a tier system was put in place where each reward type has an increasing chance to drop as you go further down the levels. I.E. a person who goes down 100 floors might almost be guaranteed rare rewards at the end of a level whereas a person who completed the first floor would be almost guaranteed a common reward.

So how should the rarity of the reards be spread? In my opinion a bit like this,

Tier 1 - all common and uncommon resources as well as credits and endo 

tier 2- all rare resources, built syndicate resources (detonite, mutagen mass and fieldron), kuva, nitain,  some ducats and maybe even fish/gems from the plains?

tier 3- all mods in the game, the rarer the mod the less likely it is to drop 

tier 4- relics of all tiers and types even potentially vaulted relics at a lower drop rate

tier 5- blueprints and blueprint components (i.e. prime, vandal and wraith weapons which require pre-built parts for their blueprints) This, of course, includes prime parts as well as warframe blueprints meaning certain quest frames can be re-farmed... eventually .

on top of the higher tier becoming more common as time goes on the drops from the lower tiers (and even the higher tiers) can become filtered so they drop the rarer rewards of their respective tiers, so for example at floor 100 if you do by some chance get a tier 2 reward you would most likely get something like a bunch of kuva or nitain rather than a neural adapter or orokin cell which would be more likely to drop at lower floors.

So that's my whole idea of what the new game mode should give for rewards. For anyone reading feel free to give creative input such as anything in the game I may have missed that would be good to add to the rewards. Thanks for reading :)

vor 9 Minuten schrieb 45neo:

So here is my idea a tier based random reward system where you can get ANYTHING in the game

I don`t think such a place should exist, at the time when void was the only thing and place worth doing it burned out alot of players. It`s just not a good idea to invalidate basically everything since you could just go to "dark sector" over and over again.

I think a lot of players main concern with the rewards is mostly centered around the fact that DE doesn't like Veterans and Hard-Core Gamers getting Over Rewarded compared to Newer and Star-Chart ones. The fear is, with how DE does most of their Rewards systems in-game, it's just going to become a "Okay, but what's the point of going 80 levels down if I'm more than likely just going to get the SAME crappy rewards as the upper floors, just more of it" situation. (Like how it's pointless to go beyond Wave 20 and you should just start the mission over again to get the rewards you're aiming for faster and easier)

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

All you would need to do to get anything in the game is play this one game mode?

Guaranteed "rare" drops?

Sure, if DE suddenly decides to force everyone to pay AAA full price for the game.

get anything in the game sure, but your chances of getting what you want are low. Also, I didn't say guaranteed I said almost guaranteed. It only makes sense that when you reach REALLY high floors your chances of getting rare rewards increases.

2 minutes ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

I don`t think such a place should exist, at the time when void was the only thing and place worth doing it burned out alot of players. It`s just not a good idea to invalidate basically everything since you could just go to "dark sector" over and over again.

It doesn't really though, in theory, yes you could run it over and over and get everything you need... or you could run the mission which gives you what you need and then you are much more likely to get it. The implications of receiving anything means that getting everything is unrealistic with the size of the reward table.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Tangent-Valley:

I think a lot of players main concern with the rewards is mostly centered around the fact that DE doesn't like Veterans and Hard-Core Gamers getting Over Rewarded compared to Newer and Star-Chart ones. The fear is, with how DE does most of their Rewards systems in-game, it's just going to become a "Okay, but what's the point of going 80 levels down if I'm more than likely just going to get the SAME crappy rewards as the upper floors, just more of it" situation. (Like how it's pointless to go beyond Wave 20 and you should just start the mission over again to get the rewards you're aiming for faster and easier)

It`s going to happen more or less. They don`t like seperating beginner and "vetrans" for rewards. They usally avoid any content could give the impression it would be only for top end players/equipment.

4 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

that's why this would break that stereotype... the higher in you go the more likely you are to get less crappy rewards...

14 hours ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

Tbh though part of the Void's problem is that it was the ONLY place to get Prime stuff.  Most of the stuff OP suggested can be obtained other places.  I think his scaling ideas are a bit OP and busted, but overall it doesn't have the same potential for burnout the Void did.  

14 hours ago, 45neo said:

Tier 1 - all common and uncommon resources as well as credits and endo 

tier 2- all rare resources, built syndicate resources (detonite, mutagen mass and fieldron), kuva, nitain,  some ducats and maybe even fish/gems from the plains?

tier 3- all mods in the game, the rarer the mod the less likely it is to drop 

tier 4- relics of all tiers and types even potentially vaulted relics at a lower drop rate

tier 5- blueprints and blueprint components (i.e. prime, vandal and wraith weapons which require pre-built parts for their blueprints) This, of course, includes prime parts as well as warframe blueprints meaning certain quest frames can be re-farmed... eventually .

My variation of your idea:

Tier 1 - Common + Uncommon Resources + Endo + Credits - all with a multiplier of 1.25x

tier 2- Small or Medium Syndicate Medals (rarely) - Kuva in amounts only the same as the smaller Floods, Pre-build Clan resources.  

tier 3- Increase the Endo and Credit multiplier to 1.40x - Kuva multiplier at 1.25x, Lith and Meso Relics, Ayatan Sculptures

tier 4- All Relics in pool, including Vaulted - Rare chance for Large Syndicate Medallions, increase Endo and Credit Multiplier to 1.5x 

tier 5- All new Dark Sector EXCLUSIVE weapons, in the form of parts and blueprints.  Maybe even add the Login Reward Milestone Weapons and Primed Mods - since they did say at one point they want to fix that whole system - but have these at a SUPER low drop rate.  

What i would like to see is a special shop that requires coupons from the new missions which replace the normal random drops in order to make purchases, there would be 5 tiers of coupons to get a tier five coupon you need to last 5 rounds of the mission each mission type has a cool down after you finish one, to encourage risk taking on fighting longer since once you win and cash out no more coupons for the day,

the new shop's inventory would feature such things as bundles of resources and credits to rare mods available for credits and allot of endo, to the  top tier where you can flat out buy prime part BPs for 10 times their ducat value, so you want that rare drop form that annoying to get relic? 1000 Ducats and 5 rounds of defense and it's yours!

the coupons can also be downgraded to make lesser purchases so if you make it to round 5 but only wanted to buy an argon crystal you can use your tier 5 coupon to buy it and have a tier 2 coupon added in it's place that you can trade for lesser rewards,

12 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Tbh though part of the Void's problem is that it was the ONLY place to get Prime stuff.  Most of the stuff OP suggested can be obtained other places.  I think his scaling ideas are a bit OP and busted, but overall it doesn't have the same potential for burnout the Void did.  

Yay, someone gets it! but yeah I think your suggested list would probably work out better... :P never really intended mine to be the be all end all anyways, just an example.

On 2/24/2018 at 1:15 PM, Tangent-Valley said:

Nothing DE currently has at their disposal will solve this. Not rotation changes. Not rarity of drops. Not forcing specific runs for specific rewards. Because none of this addresses the root problem: 

Warframe lacks loot.

DE wants farming to keep players coming back. Trouble is...there isnt anything to farm FOR. Past a certain point, there simply is no reason to keep pushing. I've been here more than two years. What are they going to give me? More potatoes? More crafting materials? Some Forma? WHY?

Before DE considers yet another loot driven replayable farming run...they NEED to consider adding a real loot system. Maybe its multiple tiers of Rivens, ranging from Common with 2 buffs to Rare with 4 buffs, and leaving Legendary Tier Rivens (5+ Buffs) for Sorties. 

Maybe its weapon variations. Bladed Grakata (Slash only physical damage). Explosive Hek (fires mini rockets). Assault Latron (Full Auto). Each weapon only grants mastery if you have not mastered a weapon from the same base family before. Random modifiers to weapons could be side grades or alter play styles without power creep...and could be literally infinite. 

Before worrying about how best to dole out rewards going forward...DE need to worry about having some rewards to dole out.