Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolons, newbies and getting properly equipped teammates

Soldier1312

Gonna be a bit of a rant, bit of ideas. Some will complain, some will praise (I hope for that one at least).

My clan is quite small one. Great people, but in small amount. But we've all got university to attend, work etc. so it's not uncommon for me to choose public matchmaking for Eidolon hunt. And that's where problem begins. I'm gonna skip the part where I mention people taking Valkyr or Inaros for the fight, nothing we can do here, but as regular bounties have MR requirements why hunts don't? Too many people trying to hunt big ones with first weapons. And one could justify and say that they need to get some experience too. Of course they do, but they can also do so later with proper equipment.

Now for the second requirement: why there is no requirement to have TWW finished? That one should be the must, as if you don't have an option to use an Operator as fully playable character you'll keep constantly dying, not to mention limited possibilities.

And now last but not least requirement: player must catch at least one Teralyst before applying for Tridolon hunt. Situation from 20-30mins ago: "Should we capture him?" - question asked by random player on Tridolon hunt. It's not only the title of bounty, it's also requirement to continue the hunt. Force players to get to know the basics before they try stunts like that. Not only they waste their time (mission failed = no reward, right?), they also waste time of other playes. 

Everything's for everyone, sure, but as we've already come to the point where weapons finally have MR requirements it's time to realize not everything should be availible from the very beginning and making first steps should be learning basics. As soon as they've grasped them they'll be more than welcome as skilled Eidolon hunters.

I'm gonna have to agree with that,  there is plenty of experience to be had from killing the first teralyst, and a player could be well on their way to easily crafting an effective amp for the trio before just waltzing in with nothing.  There should probably be a lock and key with that door.

And to support that argument.  That new player isn't going to last if they show up and realize they are completely ineffective and pretty much shamed by the final mission screen because they are completely unprepared and unable to perform on any level.   It would be better for overall morale if they where not allowed in until they where ready.

13 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

A workaround you can do while waiting for DE to make a proper solution is to go to a players profile -> stats and look at the amount of teralysts/gants/hydros they've killed/captured

I'm talking about bounties you can take from Konzu there. 

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MerlyBR said:

Recruit chat exists tho

Sure, but bounties were made to speed up and make it easier to find fellow hunters. And what I'm proposing there is to simply improve it.

Fairly sure I saw someone from DE state that the bounties are already supposed to only show up for people who have finished TWW. If you are talking about chest-lasering people, that is a visual bug that seems to happen more frequently on the plains.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Soldier1312:

I'm gonna skip the part where I mention people taking Valkyr or Inaros for the fight, nothing we can do here, but as regular bounties have MR requirements why hunts don't?

For a Teralyst hunt, why not? No reason to bring a meta-frame for that, you can do it on pretty much any frame. If you want to speed-run with meta frames, go recruitment chat. The bounty is for casual group-finding and something I've been enjoying because so far no one ever stressed out if things weren't going smoothly for whatever reason while still doing their best to do it quickly.

For the Tridolon hunt tbh I'd personally never go without a premade group, randomly pubbing that is (imo) a recipe for disaster

8 hours ago, xBelgabor said:

Fairly sure I saw someone from DE state that the bounties are already supposed to only show up for people who have finished TWW. If you are talking about chest-lasering people, that is a visual bug that seems to happen more frequently on the plains.

For a Teralyst hunt, why not? No reason to bring a meta-frame for that, you can do it on pretty much any frame. If you want to speed-run with meta frames, go recruitment chat. The bounty is for casual group-finding and something I've been enjoying because so far no one ever stressed out if things weren't going smoothly for whatever reason while still doing their best to do it quickly.

For the Tridolon hunt tbh I'd personally never go without a premade group, randomly pubbing that is (imo) a recipe for disaster

1. How that could be visual bug? It's pretty different mechanic, also I could notice operators HP on my UI. 

2. Why not Valkyr or Inaros? Because even if it's not speed run their contribution to the team is close to 0. It's even more irreasonable given you don't know what people you'll find through matchmaking, so you should be equipped decently to provide support when in weaker team.

3. As polarity stated above - broken gating shouldn't be the reason to stop using Tridolon bounty and use recruitment chat. That's no excuse. I've met best teams as well as worst through matchmaking. So there's hope. But little more restrictions won't hurt - they'll give newer players opportunity to learn and more advanced ones less opportunities to get frustrated. 

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Soldier1312:

1. How that could be visual bug? It's pretty different mechanic, also I could notice operators HP on my UI. 

It just is, I've seen it on a friend of mine who has finished TWW ages ago.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Soldier1312:

2. Why not Valkyr or Inaros? Because even if it's not speed run their contribution to the team is close to 0. It's even more irreasonable given you don't know what people you'll find through matchmaking, so you should be equipped decently to provide support when in weaker team.

As long as you bring a decent weapon and help taking down the shields it doesn't matter for the Teralyst. Do I prefer if they bring a more useful frame? Yes. Do I gripe if they bring their favorite frame? No. People play this game to have fun, I save frame requirements for hyper speed runs when they are actually necessary, although arguably experience and a good amp is still more valuable than "correct" frame choice/comp for that.

On 2/26/2018 at 1:48 PM, xBelgabor said:

Previously I had a chroma(before fix) in my premade group whom can't scratch the Eidolon. We questioned him at the end of the mission and he said "you didn't say you want a chroma who can one-shot the joints". LOL 

I prefer premade group which considers of people I played before and know their skils are ok.

34 minutes ago, kyori said:

Previously I had a chroma(before fix) in my premade group whom can't scratch the Eidolon. We questioned him at the end of the mission and he said "you didn't say you want a chroma who can one-shot the joints". LOL 

I prefer premade group which considers of people I played before and know their skils are ok.

It's still nowhere near the thread's point. Yes, we all agree premades group are there and will most likely be better, no way to deny that. But all this thread is about is basic gating for public sessions so at least there will be less clueless people on Tridolon hunt, where you need bit of experience from Teralyst. 

Well yeah there are many players who don't beling to the trio queue doing just that and expecting a free ride. People who don't know what void mode does, who have the awareness of a whale stranded on the beach and can't avoid attacks with 4s telegraphs, or people with really terrible damage, but that's the nature of the public queues, they go because they would be rejected in recruitment chat so they try to sneak in and get free loot. What can be done about that? Not much. They also probably don't read the forums and probably don't even know how to fight these things. They don't care. No amount of restrictions will work with them.

I do use the public queue quite regularly because few groups will take my rhino (trinity bores me, lures management and babysitting is really boring AF, but it's all chat wants), and I often have to be the one saying "no" to going after the 3rd or even 2nd eidolons due to all of the aforementioned issues. That's just the price to pay for not having a static group and I don't mind, if I did I would play trinity, hate myself and the game but would get the loot.

Edited by sixmille