Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Theory] On the future of custom weapons (from the Venus teaser)

theraot

As all you already know, on Cetus we can get bluprints for parts to build custom made melee weapons...

If you paid attention to the Venus Teaser (now on youtube) you saw what seems to be a shop with a marquee banner that shows multiple gun-like weapons. I suspect these are custom secondaries (or primaries, I do not know)...

That means, that there would have to exist a third place for the last weapon type. And perhaps these would be associated with another faction.

I am thinking sentient based custom weapons. And based on that, I would expect them for the third open area.

Now, we just got the teaser for Venus. Plains of Eidolon took about 4 month (I am rounding these months counts) from teaser to release, and it took 4 month from release of PoE to the Venus teaser... so, at most in 4 months venus releases (June), then 4 months later (November) we have a teaser for the next open area, and finally we get sentient based custom weapons circa March 2019.

Or sooner, they should be able to build these areas a bit faster the second and third time around.

What do you people think? Am I on to something, or did I miss the mark entirely?

I figure that in time, more planets might have Plains type areas in time. Could always have more custom weapons, Tenno upgrades, and more progression type advancements. Hopefully, Plains of Venus will advance our understanding of Corpus and Corpus related societies as well.

@ngrazer true, true. They are taking their time, they might go stright to that. Or not.

@Urlan They said we will see a colony of corpus worker class, which - if I understand correctly - is oppressed, forced to live and work underground. So, we will have some of that.

---

Another thing I wonder if cryotic and that refrigerant they talked about in the dev stream has anything to do with each other.

It doesn't necessarily need to be a type of weapon per open area. We get only melee zaws because Ostron technology is rather... primitive compared to the rest of the universe. We might get bows someday. Corpus technology uses primaries, secondaries and melees, so we could actually get all 3, we just don't know yet.

34 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

It doesn't necessarily need to be a type of weapon per open area. We get only melee zaws because Ostron technology is rather... primitive compared to the rest of the universe. We might get bows someday. Corpus technology uses primaries, secondaries and melees, so we could actually get all 3, we just don't know yet.

Given that they are the only people who have access to working Orokin tech, sentient minerals and a source of refined (temple) Kuva I'd say that the Ostron weapons are likely to be unusually strong and deceptively high-tech.

...which they are.

If I can make a pair of Dual Handcannons that...are Tron like in aesthedics, Shoot Magnum Calibur LASER/Hard Light/Energy rounds, and hits Harder than my Aklex Prime & Akmagnus combined.

And if it has a sound effect like a shot from a Destroyer class battlecruiser...

I'll be in heaven...

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
Typos...

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Venus "store" Is going to carry both Primary and Secondary Corpus style weapons, and the someday there might be another planet where rebel Grineers will sell you their style of weapons. Let's not forget Cetus is not a Grineer outpost, it's Ostron and their melee weapons are infested inspired.