The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Content Focused for Stronger Players

1 hour ago, (PS4)vidare said:

I really hope endless kuva missions will be something challenging and rewarding, that makes rivens really usefull. Rivens we farm kuva for in the first place.

Before weapon buff update, sorties 3 were where you started to feel, this riven was worth it. So a kuva endless that start around lvl 100 would be great imo.

Yes, I hope endless starts at 50+ the least. I want wave 20 to have a huge prize, but take some gusto to get there. 

Wanted 5,10,15 should rewards 3-500 kuva. Wave 20 should award like 3-5k Kuva. 

IMO, endless kuva shouldn't be more profitable than siphons unless you get to rotation C. And every rot c after that should add another 1k to pot. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

On 3/2/2018 at 1:19 PM, shootaman777 said:

Apart from the mastery grind, this game already has the p2w option. 

On top of that, it wouldn't truly be p2w, since you can reliably grind everything (save for vaulted items, but that's a universal problem) without paying for it, as long as you're willing to put the time and effort into it. 

It's not a matter of RNG, it's a matter of time. 

"Either put in the time (to roll RNG until it gives what you want), or buy it". 

I'll say it again - the game already is this way. 

What I suggested will change nothing with the current game. 

Are you saying you disagree with how the game currently is, then?  

I just have one question.  How exactly is this game pay to win?  Please explain what you mean in great detail.

Edited by (PS4)Nyxn607

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Nyxn607 said:

I just have one question.  How exactly is this game pay to win?  Please explain yourself in great detail.

More accurately, it would be described as 'pay to skip/heavily reduce the grind'.  If you consider the end of the grind as 'winning', then this would be 'p2w', by definition.

Every mod can be sourced from the player market, all prime gear can be, all wraith/vandal weapons, syndicate items/mods.  Endo can be bought in the form of Ayatan Statues.  Credits and resources can be purchased from the market with platinum.  Credit boosters, affinity boosters, resource boosters, and resource chance boosters can be purchased from the market with platinum.  Almost all non-prime items may be sourced from the market, for platinum. 

The only thing that cannot be skipped, in terms of 'winning', or progression, is affinity grinding.  However, acquiring all the gear via platinum, then systematically leveling it all at a rate much faster than normally possible, is an option. 

If someone were willing to spend an exorbitant dollar amount on this game, they could pass by everything except for affinity grinding. 

And then there's the fashionframe option.  Many would say that fashionframe is the true endgame of Warframe.  So, buying enough platinum to buy every aesthetic item in the game would be p2w, wouldn't it, since acquiring all aesthetics would result in the height of fashionframe, being able to fully customise everything as much as possible?

Edited by shootaman777

4 hours ago, shootaman777 said:

More accurately, it would be described as 'pay to skip/heavily reduce the grind'.  If you consider the end of the grind as 'winning', then this would be 'p2w', by definition.

Every mod can be sourced from the player market, all prime gear can be, all wraith/vandal weapons, syndicate items/mods.  Endo can be bought in the form of Ayatan Statues.  Credits and resources can be purchased from the market with platinum.  Credit boosters, affinity boosters, resource boosters, and resource chance boosters can be purchased from the market with platinum.  Almost all non-prime items may be sourced from the market, for platinum. 

The only thing that cannot be skipped, in terms of 'winning', or progression, is affinity grinding.  However, acquiring all the gear via platinum, then systematically leveling it all at a rate much faster than normally possible, is an option. 

If someone were willing to spend an exorbitant dollar amount on this game, they could pass by everything except for affinity grinding. 

And then there's the fashionframe option.  Many would say that fashionframe is the true endgame of Warframe.  So, buying enough platinum to buy every aesthetic item in the game would be p2w, wouldn't it, since acquiring all aesthetics would result in the height of fashionframe, being able to fully customise everything as much as possible?

Thank you for the explanation.  This makes your statement, make more sense. 

I’ve always thought it’d be cool if they let players opt in to certain levels. Say the higher your mastery rank the higher level of mission you could opt into.  So, for example, if you’re MR 25 and you want to do a survival that starts with level 300 enemies and grants more/special rewards then you can do that.  That or you can choose a longer and harder mission with constantly changing objectives and mini bosses. They start out easier at lower MR and can become increasingly harder at higher MR. it can provide challenges to lower MR and experienced players, give incentive to raise MR, and provide challenges to veterans.  For those of us who’ve been playing for a while you’ll remember we used to okay missions where objectives could often randomly change.  It was a fun mechanic that made the game feel more alive. 

If we count on the slots which is the only p2w element in the game then we could say this is a correct one but you must pay in order to improve your limits. There is no other options because with the trading you earn OTHERS bought platinum so basically without paying a cent on this game you could not enjoy it well or you will constantly change your small arsenal. If they just simply remove the slot restriction then noone would pay for the platinum so they should change their whole business policy and sell the game as once buy you play forever but then they cannot generate more money what the free to play title provides. Lot of us who play the game long ago paid a lot of money into the game which could be used to buy 100 other games at least.

I personally feel no difference really between new and older players the only gap is the weaponry and experience. The higher mr means nothing in terms of rank only the number of mods and the gear level means you are strong or no. Bad players can get also great gear but pro players could play the game with low level gears well too.

7 hours ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

I’ve always thought it’d be cool if they let players opt in to certain levels. Say the higher your mastery rank the higher level of mission you could opt into.  So, for example, if you’re MR 25 and you want to do a survival that starts with level 300 enemies and grants more/special rewards then you can do that.  That or you can choose a longer and harder mission with constantly changing objectives and mini bosses. They start out easier at lower MR and can become increasingly harder at higher MR. it can provide challenges to lower MR and experienced players, give incentive to raise MR, and provide challenges to veterans.  For those of us who’ve been playing for a while you’ll remember we used to okay missions where objectives could often randomly change.  It was a fun mechanic that made the game feel more alive. 

They were thing to implement a difficulty select with new start chart, but Steve felt it would fracture the player base too much or something.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Warframe doesn't have a foundation to implement challenging gameplay on. Content will either need to be min/maxed for, alienating a large portion of the playerbase, or it will be one shottable by those who do minmax. This is the problem with every boss style enemy in the game.Until damage and health values are rebalanced, a good end game is impossible.

Kuva defence was great. More like these should happen. So many “vets” crying in chat. There’s so many high mr players that don’t know how to build a character. Can’t blame them tho cause the game does terrible job at explaining how things work actually and takes ages to get those needed forma and potato each time you want to try something so little. 

Edited by (PS4)johnsoigne

Honestly, the idea of 'stronger players' is a bit silly.  I think 'stronger builds' is more appropriate, correct?

I'd be a fan of the idea myself, especially as a QoL improvement.  It takes a crazy long time to get to mobs that are really worth the extra build effort.  I often find myself thinning out builds so they don't kill things quite so quickly.  

9 minutes ago, WARLOCKE said:

I am a founder and vet. I have spent hundreds on this game. I would like a bone thrown to me and others who faceroll the current content. 

I'm fairly new, but I don't think the problem is unique to those who have been here a while.  

It only took me a couple of months before I was self-nerfing to keep the challenge up (plus I'm a melee guy, it's just not as fun if they pop when you look at them), and I doubt I'm the only one in this situation.

I think there's a broad demand for an ability to up the challenge a beyond the low 100s without having to dedicate a huge block of time.

Edited by FreeWilliam

Imma be honest, every time I see one of these threads I ask "wait, what is an endgame?"

No seriously, what makes an "endgame" different from any other part of the game in a game like Warframe, sure, in say, Starcraft 2 the endgame is when you have your strategy all ready to go and are about to kill the other dude, in League of Legends the endgame is when key scaling carries have 3-4 items and are two shotting everyone but the tanks who also have 3-5 items and can take a real beating. But what's WoW's endgame? Raids? That you do to get better loot to do bigger raids to get better loot to do bigger raids exactly like you were for dungeons?

I am going to be perfectly honest, I have never played a game where "endgame" was what the community praised that I could actually get into, and it was pretty much always because GETTING to the endgame was boring, repetitive, and very poorly designed. WoW is actually the single WORST OFFENDER in this regard, because of changes to pets for the sake of endgame Hunters new Troll Hunters are unable to do the single BEST quest in the early game of WoW, your pet kills the enemy too fast and you don't get to tell them "no" until level ten, at which point you can no longer aggro the enemy you need in order to do the quest. WoW's dungeons? Same story, none of it is any sort of challenge, nothing that isn't raw DPS or Healing is actually useful despite getting tools for that PRIOR to your first dungeon.

The only game I have ever played that was an MMO and had interesting early content was Echo of Soul, unfortunately the FIRST DUNGEON led to me outleveling the near future content because I wanted the Fire Mage set and was only getting the Ice Mage set, by the end I was no longer having fun with the boss and not just because I had beat the boss a bunch, no, it was because I could literally no longer fail.

At the same time, Destiny 2 had the OPPOSITE problem, it didn't matter how big the numbers on my character were, I was doing the same amount of damage in real terms, an Enemy I killed in three hits with my starting gear died in three hits with the best stuff I could get in the free trial.

Warframe dodges both of these problems and has enough early game that the lack of endgame, frankly, doesn't matter, at all. On top of that, if you are not using a "No one does gets to do anything for efficiencies sake" build, Warframe's game play shines just as bright or brighter at MR 20 than it did at MR0, it shines just as much or more on Sedna as it did on Earth.

The Amazing thing about Warframe to me IS its total lack of what people call "endgame".

It's always strange to me. I've been gaming for 30 years. Back in the day, a game was what it is, and little you can do if it disappoints. Now, games like this with constant improvement over many years seem to attract players that master and complain about it quickly. Not that that is a bad thing, but saying "I'd like tougher content" is different from "I hate these people, this place sucks, the devs hate us, and I hate this game...cause I'm bored"

Before deciding to try MMO's and games like this, I used (still do to some extent) to do flight sims, Flaming Cliffs, Falcon 4.0, Il-2...and you would have complainers and cheaters there too...but you never had hardcore vets that did either of those things. I also never saw the so called super gamers come over and play these, despite the large amount of time, practice and study it took just to take off and land in these sims. Vets were very excited to have new people around, to teach, talk about aircraft and share knowledge. 

I guess what I'm saying is that there is plenty to challenge and delight for any gamer nowadays, and I don't understand why asking for more challenge has to involve being negative and angry, it just seems very childish and unproductive to me. To me this game is very casual anyway, and very fun. I don't look for great challenge out of it in any case. It's pretty awesome that this game gets continual support, rather than gets thrown in the dustbin for the next new thing. You don't have to be grateful for that, but it's a pretty rare thing.

5 hours ago, Bioya1031 said:

It's always strange to me. I've been gaming for 30 years. Back in the day, a game was what it is, and little you can do if it disappoints. Now, games like this with constant improvement over many years seem to attract players that master and complain about it quickly. Not that that is a bad thing, but saying "I'd like tougher content" is different from "I hate these people, this place sucks, the devs hate us, and I hate this game...cause I'm bored"

Before deciding to try MMO's and games like this, I used (still do to some extent) to do flight sims, Flaming Cliffs, Falcon 4.0, Il-2...and you would have complainers and cheaters there too...but you never had hardcore vets that did either of those things. I also never saw the so called super gamers come over and play these, despite the large amount of time, practice and study it took just to take off and land in these sims. Vets were very excited to have new people around, to teach, talk about aircraft and share knowledge. 

I guess what I'm saying is that there is plenty to challenge and delight for any gamer nowadays, and I don't understand why asking for more challenge has to involve being negative and angry, it just seems very childish and unproductive to me. To me this game is very casual anyway, and very fun. I don't look for great challenge out of it in any case. It's pretty awesome that this game gets continual support, rather than gets thrown in the dustbin for the next new thing. You don't have to be grateful for that, but it's a pretty rare thing.

I am also an older gamer. I have seen the common game go from being quite challenging to what we have today. There is nothing wrong with wanting hard content. this game can be both casual and cater to both groups.