Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno lore question

Ragnarok160

22 hours ago, (PS4)Lowk721 said:

Depends entirely on how many warframes DE is willing to make. Going by the fact moon clan exist indicates there are at least a few thousand plus Tenno. Personally I don't think there's going to be that many frames. It could be there were originals and the other tenno just went off tgat.

Or, it could go against what people always assume. Maybe the frames we find weren't the originals. Maybe they just happen to be the only remnants left of that particular frame that were easy to find/scavangable.

I think of it this way for most quest frames.  Also, DE bringing out Umbra I think is going to solve SOME of the problem of NEW frames, as it will kind of introduce, if I'm correct in my assumptions, a tertiary version of each frame, expanding potential pool by +50%, while still maintaining lore, or simply entering NEW lore.  Stalker going to Shadow Stalker happened within the NEW timeline, not the Old War, so...It's conceivable.  I'm excited to see where story goes either way! :)

9 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

It refers to a single Gara, and an Inaros. The particular Tenno in question were significant to the populations telling their stories, and since no civilian knows the true nature of the Tenno, it makes sense they'd interpret the Warframe and the Tenno as one and the same. In both of those specific cases, it's mentioned that they were the only Tenno to bother protecting those areas, which further reinforces this idea. Why bother differentiating from other Gara users if there are no other Gara users around? It's never quite specified whether there's one or many of these Warframes, so for now we can't really say definitively that they were the only user of that specific Warframe.

We can because thats how the lore states there participation in there respective stories there isnt room for implimation

16 hours ago, -skimmer- said:

Sounds more like a an outdated way to control warframes and not a "perfect transference". You dont want the possibility of your greatest warriors getting killed.

I think Orokin had to use Kuva to permanently transfer minds of people into combat suits and they also had to keep training new ones whenever they died until the Tenno incident where they essentially got a whole ship full of immortal soldiers who could learn from each defeat because they could use transference at will instead of the lenghty proccess with Kuva.

Perhaps yes

Obviously the only thing we are certain of is that the Primes are the Orokin originals, that is stated in the Prima access blurb and was stated by DE Steve in Devstream 5

The Warframes that you have normally are built by the Tenno and they, kinda, suit what the Tenno are and the primes are the original designs from the Orokin Era

That's it.

However remember that there is so much we don't know that there are still masses of possibilities.

There doesn't need to be one explanation, some Warframe lines may have been mass produced some may have only had one produced.

• Some Primes may have never seen battle in the Old War, they may have been retained exclusively in the Origin System to protect the Orokin themselves (Or do things like clean up the earth [Saryn], or put down a capitalist rebellion [Vauban]).
  • Some Primes may have only been a design and the only version ever build were the later Tenno versions. Teh Trailers are all clearly set in the present era rather than being representative of what Prime Warframes of that like did in the past)
  • Some Tenno versions of Warframes may have been designed after the old War but before Cryo, maybe some Tenno spent some time cleaning up?
  • Some Warframes may have been EOL'd after the operator+Warframe persona rebelled or did something tactically foolish (Mirage, Limbo, Titania, Inaros)
  • Maybe the Warframe persona was moved between many copies of the same Warframe across the system and even different Tenno were used, each being re-cast as the Warframe persona in the Tenno's dream.
  • Maybe certain Tenno left imprints on their Warframes which the Orokin studied but ultimately decided that the, now, "tainted" designs should not continue to be used.
  • Maybe the Orokin executed Tenno who repeatedly showed rebellious traits, and shelved Warframe's they used.
We don't know how long the Old War was, or how long the Tenno were active (and free) after) before cryo. We don't know how much the "clans" were a Tenno creation or an Orokin-controlling-the-Tenno's-developement thing.

Given just how much we don't know I'm not going to suggest flaws in the setting (Not "plot holes" because the none of this is currently part of the "plot" it's simply setting details that haven't been used yet.)
Edited by SilentMobius

On 3/3/2018 at 1:19 PM, NightmareT12 said:

The only people who know of a Warframe true nature are Ballas, the Lotus, Palladino, Onkko (post disappearing and becoming a member of The Quills) and Hunhow. Everyone else is just blind to the real deal.

But as Teloch said, plotholes.

And Ordis. Ordis is probably the one of the only characters we know the whole story of. 

I've been wondering if warframes could be sentients or at least partially sentients.

In a world with the Sentients themselves or the cephalons that doesn't seem impossible and would explain the confusion between the tenno and the frame in the lore.

Altough that isn't based on anything, it's just a guess (just sayin' before someone jump on me).

I think there is no original but there are originals.

Ballas probably designed all the Prime warframes when the Orokin empire was still around.

This means there were probably many Gara Primes at the start but over time, especially after the fall of the Orokin empire, the numbers should have gradually decreased until they cease to exist when all or most of the tenno children who went into cryo died or thought they died.

I mean prior to The Second Dream, Lotus did make us think we are the warframe and have you ever wondered what happens (assuming our plot armor is removed) if we died in our one and only warframe thinking we are the warframe? Will we get to transferred to another warframe we do not own? Do we lose consciousness and awareness for as long as we do not go into another warframe like the stacks in the show "Altered Carbon"? Why do we have no memory of what happens before the tutorial? (Excluding the fact that we have started the game) What were we doing and were we conscious prior to inhabiting that starter warframe?

Also, the Gara in Ostron legends was probably one of the Gara Primes but to most inhabitants of the solar system, there is only 1 Gara Prime, because to them, Tennos are just people in armor and not bio-machines controlled by a void-exposed kid.

So, when legends about Tennos are passed down, they are usually passed down with the assumption that Tennos are unique individuals instead of multiple bio-machines controlled by a few.

I am actually more curious about who made the normal warframe blueprints.

I mean yes, Tennos made it. But kids who are asleep and thinking they are warframes made blueprints to make themselves? Also, it took Ballas and the Orokin to make prime warframes and it only took kids, who may or may not have the knowledge of frame design, to make carbon copies of those? That's a big plot hole.

On 3/3/2018 at 1:04 PM, Ragnarok160 said:

That still doesnt explain the way garas story is told since it refers to singular gara, the same with inaros being the only one of its kind

My guess it's kinda like the stalker if you think about it. A one of and after them there's no more. Possiblly made for a specific tenno or customized by them.if they r one of and they make Prime's for them , then just alot more plot homes for us.