Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Tests - Pointless

(PSN)hiltaldo

Ok bear with me. I’m a new Warframe player on console and I’ve traveled from the barren wasteland of Destiny 2. 

A few of my clan play Warframe so I thought I’d give it a go. Got to say. Love it. Then comes the bullS#&$. Mastery Rank Tests. I get levelling up gear and weapons. But why have this mechanic to prove you can play the game? I’m stuck on the Rank 7-8 test. In game I have no issue jumping and shooting. And from what I’ve seen 8-9 is a harder test! WHY!!!

As a new player surely you want to get me hooked and into the game buying plat here and there yet there is a mechanic that if I’m honest is frustrating and making me put the pad down. It’s a video game. Can I just have some fun please? Ditch the tests. Let players play the game. I want to play it but the frustration for levelling up means I’m thinking of ditching it.

Gives us a sense of progress i was stuck on the MR 19 test for 3 days (failed twice) and when i beat it... i felt so elated. Taking them out would make me sad as if i felt happy completing  a hard MR challenge like the MR 9 and 19 tests (which are the same) then someone else has as well. I don't want this aspect of the game go... sorry i've started to ramble i'll end this here.

Edited by hellodownthere
•_•

Just want to point out you can practice your mastery test before taking it officially in simaris's room on the top floor of the relay and you still gain mastery even when the bar is full. 

Even though I hated some of the mastery tests I found that the tests gäbe me a good feeling of progression I would be sad to see them go. I Wouldn't be bothered by the removal of the 24 hour cooldown though. An hour cooldown should be enough. 

On 3/4/2018 at 8:55 AM, Drasiel said:

Just want to point out you can practice your mastery test before taking it officially in simaris's room on the top floor of the relay and you still gain mastery even when the bar is full. 

Even though I hated some of the mastery tests I found that the tests gäbe me a good feeling of progression I would be sad to see them go. I Wouldn't be bothered by the removal of the 24 hour cooldown though. An hour cooldown should be enough. 

The 24 hour cooldown is absolute bs. It should be at max 12 hours. Like a basic weapon in the foundry. I'm stuck on Mastery 9 Test and I have to wait till fudging 11:00 PM at night to take it. It's he'll.

Il y a 23 heures, TheLivingExile a dit :

The 24 hour cooldown is absolute bs. It should be at max 12 hours. Like a basic weapon in the foundry. I'm stuck on Mastery 9 Test and I have to wait till fudging 11:00 PM at night to take it. It's he'll.

The cooldown should be 0, like in every single video game ever, including any other aspects of this one. If you fail you're allowed to try again, immediately. 24h is just BS.