Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties are boring

Samotte

Hello fellow tennos!

Since like many months, I figured out that like 80% of the sorties had either a Spy mission or a Rescue mission in it, and like 40% of sorties had both... 

So I may be wrong, but to me sorties are supposed to be high-level, challenging missions, where you can try many kind of modding, compo, etc... But here, where is the fun, well he may be gone with the RNG! I don't really know how the sorties are calculated, it surely is random, but I really think DE has to rework their random generator... Honnestly, don't you all think it is funnier and more interesting to have survival, defence or interception mission with weird malus, instead of spy/rescue that everyone speedrun?

I'm really curious to know people feeling about it!

il y a 8 minutes, Samotte a dit :

Honnestly, don't you all think it is funnier and more interesting to have survival, defence or interception mission with weird malus, instead of spy/rescue that everyone speedrun?

No I don't. why ? Because the reward is most of the time garbage.

If i'm going to have garbage reward, I'd rather spend 15min instead of 1-2h I would need with a survival/defense/interception.

Also I hate how these 3 mission types can't be "rushed", whatever you do, it always take a minimum amount of time (unless defense)

I think a good thing to do wold be to force the players to do the 3 missions in a row, with the same stuff (like the old raids, you had to keep the same warframe and wapons all along). This way we'd had to think more of whta we do, and assign a defined role for each player in the team. Maybe it could work...

+1 with Samotte. Having almost everytime Spy and Rescue does not thrill me very much. And furthermore, I'm kind of bored with the malus system, while you can imagine pretty some new ones, for example :

- grinner/corpus/ whatever faction you want weapons only?

- nightmare sortie?

- time attack on Spy and Rescue?

Sorties are not very funny and that's a shame, because I personaly think that some rewards are worth it.

il y a une heure, Shyish07 a dit :

- grinner/corpus/ whatever faction you want weapons only?

Players are already mad when you force them into using X kind of weapon and now you want to force them into using faction only weapon ?

That won't end well.

il y a une heure, Shyish07 a dit :

- nightmare sortie?

That was suggested a hundred times already...

Something that would've been amazing in warframe is something like the "chaos mode" of "orc must die unchained", but that won't ever happen anyway.

Edited by Trichouette

A few months ago DE changed the generator to get less endless-type missions, so that's why we have spy and rescue every day now. Problem is the community can't be bothered to play the game anymore, everything that's interesting to the majority is looking and the end-of-mission-screen ;)

Nah, I'm ok speedrunning those missions to go back doing whatever it is I was doing before the Sorties.  Being forced to 10 defense waves or 3 interception rounds is a total drag to me.

Le 11/03/2018 à 20:51, Trichouette a dit :

Players are already mad when you force them into using X kind of weapon and now you want to force them into using faction only weapon ?

Why not? The factions have plenty of different and efficient weapons, and with that you could go with a full arsenal and not only a primary, secondary or melee weapons.

Il y a 17 heures, W3zeer a dit :

A few months ago DE changed the generator to get less endless-type missions, so that's why we have spy and rescue every day now. Problem is the community can't be bothered to play the game anymore, everything that's interesting to the majority is looking and the end-of-mission-screen ;)

That's pretty sad to be only interrested in speedrunning :/ not saying it's pointless, everyone plays the game as they want, but I personaly far more enjoy a lvl100 Interception Eximus Stronghold with a funny and efficient team than running in Spy with four Lokis (with three effectively hacking and one collecting flowers).

il y a 48 minutes, Shyish07 a dit :

Why not? The factions have plenty of different and efficient weapons, and with that you could go with a full arsenal and not only a primary, secondary or melee weapons.

You're still forcing players into taking X or Y weapons.

The idea isn't bad, it's how players will take it...

For example I can't stand grineer weapons and I would just end up taking whatever weapon + ash because ash don't need no weapons.