Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overhauling Excalibur as the default frame [Requires us to break the no gendered variants rule one time]

(XBOX)THANOTOS OMEGA

It's simply impossible and there are 2 way to explain that: 

-the lore. Excalibur is a male warframe because the first tenno who had it was actually a male. And he left his personnality into Excalibur (same as all of the other frames, they have the personnality and the gender of their first owner).

-if you talk about gender swaping in the chat you'll be 2K35'd. You wanna try?

Sorry for my bad english i'm actually french, have a nice day tenno.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

I can't my principles make acquiring him feel wrong since it pads his metrics, same reason i never play a human in an RPG game with races to avoid padding them in the statistics,

That really made me fall on the floor laughing. 

Well, then, leave it. You won't even notice the skin ever existing in your inventory.

Btw, just try Excalibur if you can lay your principles off for a while. He is a fun character and can become one powerful character when modded properly.

P.S. Appearances can be deceiving. Remember this with regard to Warframes.

And if i understand, you are angry because they give us a free skin for Excalibur, and Excalibur were not included with.... what is wrong with you? You wanna have all for free without any farming? Ok give me your account, i'll farm all frames for you. Congratulations! You have all frames without moving a finger! Are you happy now?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)TriXhunt said:

It's simply impossible and there are 2 way to explain that: 

-the lore. Excalibur is a male warframe because the first tenno who had it was actually a male. And he left his personnality into Excalibur (same as all of the other frames, they have the personnality and the gender of their first owner).

-if you talk about gender swaping in the chat you'll be 2K35'd. You wanna try?

Sorry for my bad english i'm actually french, have a nice day tenno.

Well the entire point of the change is to establish that YOU are Excalibur's original owner, allowing for Excalibur to feature in the story and making it's poster child status feel more earned,

4 minutes ago, Adniwhack said:

That really made me fall on the floor laughing. 

Well, then, leave it. You won't even notice the skin ever existing in your inventory.

Btw, just try Excalibur if you can lay your principles off for a while. He is a fun character and can become one powerful character when modded properly.

P.S. Appearances can be deceiving. Remember this with regard to Warframes.

I take my principles very seriously, when i quit a certain MOBA over their BS i not only had all of my things on the game deleted but also went around unfaving every image from the game i had faved on DA, that's not gonna happen here because DE has gotten better about this stuff, 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)TriXhunt said:

And if i understand, you are angry because they give us a free skin for Excalibur, and Excalibur were not included with.... what is wrong with you? You wanna have all for free without any farming? Ok give me your account, i'll farm all frames for you. Congratulations! You have all frames without moving a finger! Are you happy now?

No the skin itself annoyed me, the lack of any practical use for the new reward is what made me mad, i'd have questioned any skin that doesn't come with the frame the fact it was a skin for a frame i hate out of principle just makes it worse,

28 minutes ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

Well the entire point of the change is to establish that YOU are Excalibur's original owner, allowing for Excalibur to feature in the story and making it's poster child status feel more earned,

I take my principles very seriously, when i quit a certain MOBA over their BS i not only had all of my things on the game deleted but also went around unfaving every image from the game i had faved on DA, that's not gonna happen here because DE has gotten better about this stuff, 

No the skin itself annoyed me, the lack of any practical use for the new reward is what made me mad, i'd have questioned any skin that doesn't come with the frame the fact it was a skin for a frame i hate out of principle just makes it worse,

So, what about the Dex Sybaris, the Dex Furis, and the Dex Dakra? Do you find those to be sufficient "rewards-for-effort"? Or did the Dex Excalibur component sour the whole package deal?

31 minutes ago, Unus said:

So, what about the Dex Sybaris, the Dex Furis, and the Dex Dakra? Do you find those to be sufficient "rewards-for-effort"? Or did the Dex Excalibur component sour the whole package deal?

there was no effort, just like everything in the game skill ability are all irreverent it's all about time, but those are fine, a Dex armor set, a dex mod, a dex helmet shared by all frame, a dex clothing set for the operator, a dex sigil, a dex emblem, a dex sentinel or something that doesn't require you to use up a frame slot for a frame that allot of people don't want would have been nicer than a skin and helmet for one frame, 

45 minutes ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

there was no effort, just like everything in the game skill ability are all irreverent it's all about time, but those are fine, a Dex armor set, a dex mod, a dex helmet shared by all frame, a dex clothing set for the operator, a dex sigil, a dex emblem, a dex sentinel or something that doesn't require you to use up a frame slot for a frame that allot of people don't want would have been nicer than a skin and helmet for one frame, 

Ah, I see, thank you for informing my view of you.

4 hours ago, Ottofyre said:

Most founders that I've seen voice an opinion on the exclusive Excal Prime issue could not care less if it was offered for sale to the rest of the players. They got it to support Warframe, not to have something to rub other players' noses in for all eternity.

By most, do you mean the 2%?

Most Founders I've watched and talked to (because trust me, I know I a lot of them) have said that they are the only ones who get Excalibur Prime, and it should stay that way, unless DE wants to re-compensate them and break their contract.

You're getting Umbra for free. So sad, every single Excalibur Prime thread gets shut down. This one will too.

___

And OP what are you on?

You're angry because you got a better looking free skin? LMAO.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

By most, do you mean the 2%?

Meant exactly what I said "Most founders that I've seen voice an opinion", as I have literally no way of knowing of opinions I've never seen or what percentage of founders it represents....just as you have no way of knowing what percentage of founders your "a lot" represents. (BTW I've been playing on PC since April, 2013.. so I've been around a while myself.)

And as I've already said that I fully support DEs decision to stand by their word... I have no idea what you were attempting to accomplish with your comments to me. Yes, I think it was a bad decision - they made a lot of bad decisions early on - but undoing it now would be an even worse decision.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

unless DE wants to re-compensate them and break their contract.

You might want to check with those founders you know... there was no "contract". And the founders program was extended by 8 months beyond the original date it was supposed to end - the announcement was actually made on the date it was supposed to have originally ended. If people could sue because "My Exclusive!" then anyone who bought it before the extension was announced could have sued - because extending like that was effectively the same as offering it again - ... but... no one sued... no one even complained... because there's literally no contract and nothing to sue for.

31 minutes ago, Ottofyre said:

Meant exactly what I said "Most founders that I've seen voice an opinion", as I have literally no way of knowing of opinions I've never seen or what percentage of founders it represents....just as you have no way of knowing what percentage of founders your "a lot" represents. (BTW I've been playing on PC since April, 2013.. so I've been around a while myself.)

And as I've already said that I fully support DEs decision to stand by their word... I have no idea what you were attempting to accomplish with your comments to me. Yes, I think it was a bad decision - they made a lot of bad decisions early on - but undoing it now would be an even worse decision.

You might want to check with those founders you know... there was no "contract". And the founders program was extended by 8 months beyond the original date it was supposed to end - the announcement was actually made on the date it was supposed to have originally ended. If people could sue because "My Exclusive!" then anyone who bought it before the extension was announced could have sued - because extending like that was effectively the same as offering it again - ... but... no one sued... no one even complained... because there's literally no contract and nothing to sue for.

True actually, I admit I was wrong.

15 hours ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

Well, Skins in warframe are purely cosmetic FYI. Even the helmet. But most users like these because it gives more customizable options on their warframes.

You know, if I were in Xbox, I would have given you a skin for your favorite warframe. However, I cannot do that, as I am a PC player. :sad:

1 hour ago, Adniwhack said:

Well, Skins in warframe are purely cosmetic FYI. Even the helmet. But most users like these because it gives more customizable options on their warframes.

You know, if I were in Xbox, I would have given you a skin for your favorite warframe. However, I cannot do that, as I am a PC player. :sad:

it's fine now, like i said the thread worked surprisingly well,

7 hours ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

it's fine now, like i said the thread worked surprisingly well,

Using a forum meant for concept art and discussion around that to "blow off steam" over "male warframe skin I hate" is incredibly childish and irresponsible. There is plenty of help out there for you. Just reach out. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Warframe2052018 said:

Using a forum meant for concept art and discussion around that to "blow off steam" over "male warframe skin I hate" is incredibly childish and irresponsible. There is plenty of help out there for you. Just reach out. 

I did introduce a concept, childish would be trying to goad a person into an argument after the problem is solved like some of the people here have done, on the other hand redirecting negative feelings into an idealized answer as a means to air out your emotions is in no way childish, also this forum is not just for concept art, most of it's works are fan ideas for new frames or missions,

Edited by (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA

1 minute ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

I did introduce a concept, childish would be trying to goad a person into an argument after the problem is solved like some of the people here have done, on the other hand redirecting negative feelings into an idealized answer as a means to air out your emotions is in no way childish,

It is and you just proved mine and everyone else's point here. Don't twist this into "I did a concept and then people turned on me." because you, yourself admitted that you were ranting in your OP. Grow up. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Warframe2052018 said:

It is and you just proved mine and everyone else's point here. Don't twist this into "I did a concept and then people turned on me." because you, yourself admitted that you were ranting in your OP. Grow up. 

It most certainly is not, i didn't devolve my post into a "delete excalibur" rant, i chose instead to plot a course that would make his blandness feel justified within the modern context of the game and allow for stronger story telling in the future, there is no way to corrupt that action no matter how you attempt to twist it,

3 minutes ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

It most certainly is not, i didn't devolve my post into a "delete excalibur" rant, i chose instead to plot a course that would make his blandness feel justified within the modern context of the game and allow for stronger story telling in the future, there is no way to corrupt that action no matter how you attempt to twist it,

Again. Read your OP and each post you used to qualify your position for my reference. Discussion over. 

10 minutes ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

So you're telling us in the OP that the best way to do that is to gender a glorified puppet? Vor's Prize does have some things that could be done to improve it, but adding a gender choice is certainly not the way to go. This game goes beyond modern tropes by not making gender important. Why should they degrade the abstract setting of the game by bringing it back to reality? It's okay that you don't like Excalibur, but bringing up that old bedfellow is not helping anyone and fighting with everyone over your position is wasting your time.

Also to Unus, something similar was brought up a week or two ago in general feedback and met a similar response; a lot of work for not much reward. DE can be using the resources to be working on The Sacrifice.

Edited by Teoarrk

7 minutes ago, Unus said:

Wouldn't this entire threadpiece be better suited for a feedback zone? 

A feed back thread would have just been a long boring tiring post about how Excalibur no longer represents the game with far more unique frames like Octavia and Wukong being more suited to that,

5 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

So you're telling us in the OP that the best way to do that is to gender a glorified puppet? Vor's Prize does have some things that could be done to improve it, but adding a gender choice is certainly not the way to go. This game goes beyond modern tropes by not making gender important. Why should they degrade the abstract setting of the game by bringing it back to reality? It's okay that you don't like Excalibur, but bringing up that old bedfellow is not helping anyone and fighting with everyone over your position is wasting your time.

Also to Unus, something similar was brought up a week or two ago in general feedback and met a similar response; a lot of work for not much reward. DE can be using the resources to be working on The Sacrifice.

If we establish that the puppet was intended to act as a prison than yes, Frames are created to match the nature of their operator, and likely to idealize something that keeps them in the second dream, i wouldn't be at all shocked if when we meet say Mirage's operator she's not a shy but smart girl who has self image issues and so ballas gave her frame a mask and a amazing figure to entice her to embrace it, notice how the tenno seems heart broken to realize they aren't their warframe? and Excalibur's genericness makes him easy to adapt to all three alignments, but we live in 2018 and no body is going to let anyone get away with making an RPG that isn't licensed with only a male option for the player character and since the only other option is to spoil the second dream giving Excalibur the ideal starter a simple slight model tweak  female clone is the best solution if he's to be the only starter,

1 minute ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

A feed back thread would have just been a long boring tiring post about how Excalibur no longer represents the game with far more unique frames like Octavia and Wukong being more suited to that,

If we establish that the puppet was intended to act as a prison than yes, Frames are created to match the nature of their operator, and likely to idealize something that keeps them in the second dream, i wouldn't be at all shocked if when we meet say Mirage's operator she's not a shy but smart girl who has self image issues and so ballas gave her frame a mask and a amazing figure to entice her to embrace it, notice how the tenno seems heart broken to realize they aren't their warframe? and Excalibur's genericness makes him easy to adapt to all three alignments, but we live in 2018 and no body is going to let anyone get away with making an RPG that isn't licensed with only a male option for the player character and since the only other option is to spoil the second dream giving Excalibur the ideal starter a simple slight model tweak  female clone is the best solution if he's to be the only starter,

Alright so you're trolling. Goodbye.