Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we take a moment and remember the Equinox Alt Helmet DE has promised?

TouFuub

On 3rd March, 2017 (NOT 2k18 thx @Carnage2K4), Devstream 89, DE has proposed a new Equinox Alt Helmet (See Devstream 89 Overview for the art: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-89-overview)

As of the date of this thread posted, it's already one year since the announcement of such Alt Helmet. In fact, it's already 19 streams before Devstream 108 when it's announced.  Therefore, while we patiently waiting for Venus open world and The Sacrifice quest, can we just kindly remind the developers that Equinox's Alt Helmet has been on hold for one year since its announcement?

Edit: Oops I forgot the #[DE]lay

Edited by TouFuub

4 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

They already said they lost the files for this helmet. So it's almost canceled at this point

How careful they are

(If they really care about it, they could have just re-make it. or even not losing the files at the first place)

Edited by TouFuub

1 minute ago, TouFuub said:

How careful they are

(If they really care about it, they could have just re-make it, or even not losing the files at the first place)

Accidents can happen even if they made copies too. At least they could make a new one for equinox when they finished their major projects.

6 minutes ago, GreeneLanterne said:

Accidents can happen even if they made copies too. At least they could make a new one for equinox when they finished their major projects.

I will doubt if they would care about it at this point, since there will always be 'new major projects' in the Art Team. And comparing a helmet design to major projects that involved great effort from Art Team, re-making a helmet that has a conceptual design shown already by themselves in the devstream (i.e. take the image they have posted as reference) isn't really that significant and time-consuming. But I can't be the judge here on their working efficiency, or how they will/ can work it out.

Accidents do happen all the time, but it shows how much you care about it when you try to correct what has happened.

Edited by TouFuub

1 minute ago, TouFuub said:

I will doubt if they would care about it at this point, since there will always be 'new major projects' in the Art Team. And comparing a helmet design to major projects that involved great effort from Art Team, re-making a helmet that has a conceptual design shown already by themselves in the devstream (i.e. take the image they have posted as reference) isn't really that significant and time-consuming. But I can't be the judge here on their working efficiency.

Noone can but that's why because it is an seemingly insignificant thing they doesn't bother themself to do it. There is a lot of announced thing and the 10-20% which happens in reality the majority of the announced items pushed back or just scrapped. If you remember the weakspots then you know what I said.

8 minutes ago, TouFuub said:

How careful they are

(If they really care about it, they could have just re-make it. or even not losing the files at the first place)

Lost as in "no longer retrievable", not as in "misplaced". 

The file for the helmet was corrupted, which is a pretty common occurrence for computer hardware. 

The artist who was modelling it pretty much had to start again from scratch, on top of his other commitments to everything else - new open world(s) likely needed lots of brand new assets too.

Just now, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

I used to think

"Where's Khora?"

In fact, in Devstream 87, DE has mentioned their concept of Sentient Carrier on Lua. kylooooren, in the thread of Coming Soon: Devstream #108!, has asked about it.

So there are more things to think and remember too :)

12 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

Lost as in "no longer retrievable", not as in "misplaced". 

The file for the helmet was corrupted, which is a pretty common occurrence for computer hardware. 

The artist who was modelling it pretty much had to start again from scratch, on top of his other commitments to everything else - new open world(s) likely needed lots of brand new assets too.

Well, it's a shame to hear that.

Nothing is as important as new open worlds nowadays, it's just a cool little helmet concept that can be done again afterall.

I mean if they could care about it that's cool, but I guess they are just too busy on bigger things when they could have cared about it, considering the fact that such big project as Open World concept was and should be planned before.

Edited by TouFuub

10 minutes ago, GreeneLanterne said:

Noone can but that's why because it is an seemingly insignificant thing they doesn't bother themself to do it. There is a lot of announced thing and the 10-20% which happens in reality the majority of the announced items pushed back or just scrapped. If you remember the weakspots then you know what I said.

Scrapping up concepts and [DE]laying stuffs have been the tradition already so I can't really blame at this point.

14 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Makes me feel bad just seeing that helmet. It looks real nice compared to what Equinox has now...

Considering that Equinox has limited cosmetic choice (i.e. Tennogen skin and the Solstice Alt Helmet), it IS quite sad to see.

Like when you compare to e.g. Atlas, Wukong or Ivara who came out later but not too late from Equinox's release (within the year when Equinox was released), they had already have their second alt helmet along with different purchasable cosmetic skins/ helmets.

Edited by TouFuub

1 hour ago, sleepychewbacca said:

26kn5t.jpg

To be fair, what probably happened was DE went into full PoE preparation. Everything else that wasn't crucial ended up being pushed to the side. coughumbracough

*Cough* Devstream 58 (August 21, 2015) *cough*

1 hour ago, TouFuub said:

How careful they are

This really ticks me off as all hell. First of all, no matter how carefull you are, data loss is always a possibility, for some goddamn reason 3d files are prone to corruption... Secondly, "just re-make it" is the most ignorant thing i've heard lately.

sorry not sorry

21 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

This really ticks me off as all hell. First of all, no matter how carefull you are, data loss is always a possibility, for some goddamn reason 3d files are prone to corruption... Secondly, "just re-make it" is the most ignorant thing i've heard lately.

sorry not sorry

Sorry for not sorry for ticking you off I guess :P

I love playing games with English, it's fun you should try it.

Edited by TouFuub

Just now, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Yeah, I was really stoked about the concept on the bottom left: 

Helmets.jpg

I mean even if they did lose the files for the helmet, I wouldn’t mind being patient to see this beauty get released Eventually(tm). All I need to hear/read is a confirmation from DE.

Well that's the problem, some things DE has mentioned before didn't really mentioned again for a long time, either got distracted by more heated topics or scrapped without much notifications, especially for those that are non-major and not as significant as some other big projects.

We'll just need to hope for the best, probably they will look at it again SoonTM after those Open World projects and The Sacrifice. But at this point I really doubt it. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they WILL look at it SoonTM, but for now, I don't really have high hope for it.

2 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

unknown.png?width=771&height=451

Hurry up DE, or it will belong to Tennogen :clem:

Jokes aside, just tried a fast sculpt on Sculptris. But if DE really drop the concept something can be done

Something something passion project something something solo developer. 

The sad thing is that it seems DE doesn't want to commit to deadlines and ETA's given the Wait Within situation. However, the lack of replies can give the feeling to anyone who wasn't there during that time the feeling like things are just being ignored. 

Plus the way they communicate needs a bit more work imo. Even something like, "we've noticed this issue, and work is being done" would be nice. 

3 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

unknown.png?width=771&height=451

Hurry up DE, or it will belong to Tennogen :clem:

Jokes aside, just tried a fast sculpt on Sculptris. But if DE really drop the concept something can be done

That was a pretty good sculpt for a short while.

i really do hope that DE would pick up the alt helmet concept again SoonTM, inform and update us about the helmet at least, and try re-making the helmet as SoonTM as time is available. And since Tennogen IS a thing, DE better be quick or else. ;)

(I think I'm going to refrain myself from using "SoonTM" SoonTM  :P)

17 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

You also seem to be in the year 2019?

I don't get the sentence so I'll come up with something: I'm actually from the 1980's and the director of the Corpus Ambulas Reform commercial. #Synergize #Grofit #TryingToKeepUpWithTheTrend

Edited by TouFuub