Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

making mining great

zoobmer

so I need 100 azurite to level my astron standing to rank 2 (Visitor). in addition, I need ore to craft zaws. I figure, how hard can it be? so I go out into the plains for a couple of hours for a combination of mining and fishing. in that length of time, I find a single azurite deposit, and come back with a measly 3 ore. this is unacceptable.

mining can be fun in small amounts; but such a slow pace of accumulating resources is just plain tedious. I expect ore deposits to be much more common, and all give a much larger quantity of ore. please change this.

edit: apparently, I only need 10. it's still slower than it should be.

Edited by ZBanx

Just now, Gandergear said:

Really? One hundred? I remember it being only like 10 or something whe poe came out, wow

it requires 10 tear azurite. each tear azurite requires 10 azurite ore to craft. 10 times 10 is 100.

3 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

Oh, you have a misunderstanding, the 10 azurite bp produces 10 tear azurite

3 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

^You're multiplying everything by 10, OP. 

I knew something didn't sound right.

oh, I thought the blueprint made 1 tear. yeah, not nearly as slow as I thought, but still too slow.

Just now, ZBanx said:

oh, I thought the blueprint made 1 tear. yeah, not nearly as slow as I thought, but still too slow.

Get a resource and drop chance booster. Ten minutes and you'll be swimming in gems - literally hundreds.

1 minute ago, Sitchrea said:

Get a resource and drop chance booster. Ten minutes and you'll be swimming in gems - literally hundreds.

I simply can not afford those. the only time I have them is when they are a sortie reward.

2 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Why can't we simply have breakable ore deposits like we do with other resources? :V

because that would get rid of the minigame that DE designed. you know how DE love their possibility space! they want as many gameplay modes as possible, which is why we have things like archwing, plains, and operator mode in the first place, despite none of them being very good. oh, and not to mention that sun vs. moon morality system that doesn't even do anything yet. all I ask is to have to play as little of these tangential modes as possible. they can be fun little diversions, after all.

I think if you only found 1 Azurite spawn in more than an hour, there is either something wrong with the game or you're not looking good enough. I would understand this if we were talking about Nyth and Sentirum, but Azurite no way. Are you checking in the caves and using the little tools the mining laser gives you (audio cue, number of ores/distance to nearest ore in the HUD)?

2 hours ago, DarcosRoyal said:

You are not familiar with the plains map. Azurite has 30% drop chance from Gem Ores. 

The tier 3 mining tool will point you the ores on minimap.

1.  plains is right up there with archwing on the list of things I mostly avoid playing in this game.
  2. I can't get a tier 3 mining tool until I mine enough azurite.

Mining does get easier once you have top mining tool, it has a radar feature.

What I don’t like about mining and fishing (and add wisp farming here as well) is that they not only made it compulsory, but you have to do hours and hours and hours of it.

I find mining and fishing very VERY very boring.  A little bit would be okay, but as it is now, the grind is real friends, it is real :(

26 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

So, you want to get more than 1 azurite per hour while avoiding playing in the Plains...

no, I want to play as little plains and archwing as possible, without it effecting what I'm actually here for.

edit: as in they're okay as diversions from the main game, but not something I want to play much of.

Edited by ZBanx

While I agree than mining can be time consuming especially if you're looking for Nyth and Sentirum but a quick run in a cave would get you most of what you need for the entire leveling of the Ostrons However I'm not sure how fishing is time consuming, they always spawn in the same spots and you don't need that many of them, the most 'annoying' fish I had to catch for what I needed is the murkray which takes about 10min of fishing to get the comp to craft the bait, then another 10min to catch what I need. Get yourself some luminous dye if you can't see the fish

Edit: some people hate mining so much that you can sell them gems for plats so there's that 

Edited by lightvee

Gem and ore deposits are pretty common if you look in the correct places if you ask me... Near/in caves, grineer mining areas, large cliffs your mining scanners ore/gem count goes off the charts.

and I've never felt like I was low on azurite. So if you... you know... actually go to the plains and spend more than 5 minutes there to farm mats and don't GTFO like vay heks gonna kidnap you as soon as you get a drop of loot, you'll find plenty of azurite and other mats.