Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index, unfair ammo

--X--Lex

It feels highly unreasonable, when playing with machine guns, or weapons like Kohm, in the Index, and ammo pickups only offer 10 more rounds.

I spend most of the time running for "kibbles", instead of helping my team, because I run out of ammo so quickly. Considering that the Index is now endless, there should be a change when it comes to ammo pickup count (maybe 50 or 75 per pickup would balance things) for certain weapons with high rate of magazine drain.

9 minutes ago, sirMaekar said:

It feels highly unreasonable, when playing with machine guns, or weapons like Kohm, in the Index, and ammo pickups only offer 10 more rounds.

I spend most of the time running for "kibbles", instead of helping my team, because I run out of ammo so quickly. Considering that the Index is now endless, there should be a change when it comes to ammo pickup count (maybe 50 or 75 per pickup would balance things) for certain weapons with high rate of magazine drain.

That seems reasonable to me.

1 minute ago, Hyro1 said:

If you know how little ammo there is why would still equip those types of weapons

But why would the ammo-spawns be made so small to make specific weapons near unusable after a while, when the weapons actually perform similar (in terms of killing power) to weapons that do not have those problems?

It just weirdly gates people from using weapons, limiting choice by necessity.

Index ammo pickups should definitely give a percentage of max ammo, maybe even adjusted for individual weapons. current index ammo pickups do not seem well thought through as they actually give way too much ammo for some guns but way too little for others. Index is already noticeably limiting the frame and weapon choice due to the nature of it's combat, current ammo pickups are reducing the amount of viable options even further.

A specialized game mode needs specialized equipment? What?

Most of the time when you are using weapons with low ammo economy in the normal game, you have stuff like ammo mutation or ammo case and vacuum to help you out. In the index, you have to plan accordingly for a game mode that flops the horde shooting, and makes it more 1v1 scenarios.  Why not add ammo economy into the thought behind your loadout? You shouldn't be expecting to do well with just any run of the mill load out. 

I agree to an extent that ammo is an issue in index,  but don't see any reason to change it since the equipment and mods in this game are so diverse.