Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

vor 7 Minuten schrieb NickKiza:

This is still going on? Jeese...

yep it is and i think the ones suffering most are the devs. it not their fault u know ? they are basically assaulted so they are actually the real victims who have to deal with this DDOS attack.

Actually, I was hit really hard by this yesterday, but was able to play for hours without issue today. I think they're doing a damn good job of mitigating this, and it seems the attack is hitting a particular routing point harder than the server it's self, as some people were having no issues playing the game while I was having frequent disconnects, and evidently, some people are still having trouble.

It could also be that the attack wasn't targeted at Warframe, but Warframe was caught up in it, or it could even be that some lines somewhere went down and are in need of repair.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Primithion:

Just to chime in:

Can we stop pretending this issue is isolated to DE. Regardless, or in spite of the argument that can be made for better server infrastructure - Blizzard was taken out just a year or so ago by Lizard Squad with DDoS attacks. That occurred on and off again for several weeks (until a twitter account was boosted to 10k followers). Even AAA gaming studios aren't immune to these attacks. Depending on where the bottlenecks occur they are simple and effective. I'm no network engineer but I'd hazard to guess that peer to peer networking has seen the scale of DDoS attacks increase exponentially when mapped over time (as pc's become easier to infect with malware).

And to the "network engineers" claiming that they could fix the issue - really? You're somehow better qualified than an entire game studio with an online game in their portfolio. And moreover - in Blizzards's case better qualified than a AAA studio's employees (who for the past several years have almost exclusively produced online games). I don't like to invoke straw-man but I feel I trust DE's expertise owning an online game than anon tenno on the internet. I will add here that many of the suggestions being made are likely already implemented by DE - offloading or rerouting traffic is the OBVIOUS solution to a DDoS attack...

Just be patient...  we'll be back in-game shortly with a vengeance to pop the grineer 'scoom'.

Yeah i was there last year as that happened on blizzard games (as a player not part of the devs lol). Was indeed going on for several weeks sometimes. But thats why i say, they will give up sooner or later and then we can just normally go on and play. People doing DDOS are usually cowards without a backbone or any disciplin. Meaning they wont hold on long enouth to continue this for very long. Will be the same here, sooner or later, they give up and loose, its their destiny to loose

Edited by Dark_RRiderr

vor 1 Minute schrieb DarrenXavier:

It seems we need another Baro extension:sadcry:

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Farnael:

well here's some news...

"Edit: Baro has been extended by 24 hours on PC. Still discussing Boosters. Thanks for your patience as we continue to work through this."

now maybe stop whining? I know it doesn't help everyone but at least they are showing goodwill and giving stuff that they really don't need to give

question answered?

On 24/3/2018 at 2:33 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Edit: Baro has been extended by 24 hours on PC. Still discussing Boosters. Thanks for your patience as we continue to work through this.

Is good we get 24 hours more still can we get it after it get fixed.

Dont help much if we get it now and is the same like yesterday