Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My one gripe with the Inaros Ramses Collection

Sephryn_

It's the Khopesh. He's holding it backwards. Other people are complaining that he is too shiny and whatnot but that really doesn't bother me.

Let me start by saying that I love the model the artists have created for the Khopesh, I have no issues with that. What does bother me however is that the Egyptian Mummy warframe holds his swords the wrong way around. The Khopesh's edge was on the outside of the blade, not inside. Even the Krokhur would be more accurate to how a Khopesh is held.

Can DE maybe just like, flip it around? That would solve it.

I feel like they butchered what a khopesh is supposed to be intentionally. It still triggers me though because I like looking at game weapons and imagining them in my own hands... but this thing has so much weight behind the hilt axis (pulling the blade back towards the wielder) that I cringe to think of how unwieldy it would be.

You can't even claim that it's being held backwards by mistake because they put a guard rail over where the blade should be and put a random flange pointing into where the wrist would be. Even with their blade reversal idea the hilt isn't curved forwards like it should be... ugh. 

I don't know why this sickle with a sword tip is called a kopesh but w/e. I just don't want to buy it.

Edited by Campaigner

I already have that viking longsword skin that looks much better anyways so I care not. 

What I do care about are weird metallic muted color channels of inaros skin. They look so weird and non distinctive. Whatever color you put there looks unimpressive and feeble. With shape I don't have major issues but standard inaros skin can be colored so well and with anubis helmet actually looks great. 

It looks that we have "mesa situation" all over again. I bought both these skins cause I love cosmetics and DE has some phenomenal deluxe skin works on their track (oberon, banshee, excal...) but to be honest, old skins just look better.

2 hours ago, Hannuxis said:

Let me start by saying that I love the model the artists have created for the Khopesh, I have no issues with that. What does bother me however is that the Egyptian Mummy warframe holds his swords the wrong way around. The Khopesh's edge was on the outside of the blade, not inside. Even the Krokhur would be more accurate to how a Khopesh is held.

1 hour ago, Campaigner said:

feel like they butchered what a khopesh is supposed to be intentionally.

I think you guys are taking the Khopesh thing too literally. the reason only reason they called it that is because Inaros is loosely Egyptian-warrior themed (named after a prominent fighter who rebelled against the Assyrians), and it's a Sword skin. Sword + Egyptian = Khopesh. the spelling and design has mean changed because it was never intended to be a historically accurate Depiction of a Khopesh (as much as I'd love one). it was probably the first thing that came to mind when they noticed Inaros holding a Curved blade.

that said, I only just bought the Horus Skin, and I think it looks way better. I'm more concerned that it's ANOTHER Sword skin. we already have the Frysta and Arit skins. we don't really need any more Longsword, heavy Blade or Polearm skins, I'd like to see something like maybe a Bowie Knife skin for Daggers instead.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

because Inaros is loosely Egyptian-warrior themed

Inaros is literally a mummified warframe who has a sarcophagus, is found in a Egyptian-themed tomb, and utilizes moves that are homage to the movie the mummy. 

"Loosely" is not even close.

Also if they are going to name a weapon skin after an ancient Egyptian blade, the very least you can do it put it in the actual configuration that is depicted in every representation of it in recorded history.

Edited by DeathMavrik

I mean, you could certainly wield it either way. The outer curve being sharpened and used as a sword and the inner curve being blunted and used as a bludgeon/hook. Right?

So it would be more accurate to have it change the grip of the skin/weapon based on the IPS distribution of the weapon the skin is equipped on.

Just another example of DE being different for the sake of being different. Too bad I already paid for the skin. I'd refund if I could, not because the weapon being wrong is a huge deal, but I just don't like supporting ridiculous decisions. And the decision to reverse the blade so that it looks like a sickle is ridiculous. They should've just made a sickle since that's what they wanted.