Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New game modes

grigorije

It would be interesting to introduce game modes requiring player communication and modes which interfere with the minimap (some kind of interference) and even (voice) chat.

e.g.: 4 players start at different points and must meet up but minimap is non-functional and/or chat is broken (intentinally).

Edited by grigorije

11 minutes ago, grigorije said:

It would be interesting to introduce game mides requiring player communication and modes which interfere with the minimap (some kind of interference) and even (voice) chat.

I would not use this. Ever. You cannot force voice chat on a game mode, what about all those people that do not have a microphone?

7 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I would not use this. Ever. You cannot force voice chat on a game mode, what about all those people that do not have a microphone?

No I said game modes which *interfere* with (voice) chat.

'(voice) chat' means 'voice chat or text chat'

Edited by grigorije

22 minutes ago, grigorije said:

No I said game modes which *interfere* with (voice) chat.

'(voice) chat' means 'voice chat or text chat'

Are you familiar with Discord or Team Speak? If I had no in game chat systems, it would not matter, at all. Further, if there is no reason to communicate, most people do not bother. So, your suggested restriction on in game chat is irrelevant. I would just call this "most of the game".

As for a separate mode requiring communication: did you ever try and explain how raids worked to people? A fairly large amount of the time, people would pay no attention at all. If failure to communicate = mission failure, everyone would hate it.

A 4 location start to the center in a mirrored path for each player would be a interesting race pvp. No speed powers except for boost orbs. Like the old stamina orbs of the obstical course. 

Everyone loads. Activates a console. After everyone signs in or 20sec which ever is first. The gates do a final 3 count. Everyone races for the cheese at the center. No map. With maze like dead ends. Could do a synthesis like direction markers every once in awhile to tell people they are on the right path or not.

Royal or hunger games version is the 4 to 8 location start on a open roam map. Start off naked basically. Just operator. No amp. Basic health. Find random no mod Frames on the map to jump into. Need to find random mk1 weapons and mote amps too.

The Mario party race. 4 parallel paths. A energy wall starts chasing the players tell it matches the average top speed. Touch the energy field and you're out. Laser walls, ice paths. Fire pipes along with pipes to slide under or bullet jump over. Need something for the knocked out spectators to do. Like choosing some of the upcoming hazards.

Points would likely be flat on placement after 60 seconds. And on complexity of maps and wall speed should take no longer then 5min. The wall could boost speed at a set time to make sure there is no deadlock between 2 players.

Edited by Firetempest

8 hours ago, krc473 said:

Are you familiar with Discord or Team Speak? If I had no in game chat systems, it would not matter, at all. Further, if there is no reason to communicate, most people do not bother. So, your suggested restriction on in game chat is irrelevant. I would just call this "most of the game".

As for a separate mode requiring communication: did you ever try and explain how raids worked to people? A fairly large amount of the time, people would pay no attention at all. If failure to communicate = mission failure, everyone would hate it.

Anyway, it was just a random idea. The kill/defend recipe is getting kind of boring.

On 3/30/2018 at 6:16 PM, Kyoresh said:

only if they make the vc actually useable 

Turns voice chat on. "You #*!%ing piece of S#&$; #*!% you!" Turns voice chat off, forever.

My experience with voice chat in this game in a nutshell.

Edited by grigorije