Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defection missions. No one really wants to do them, not even for fun, but what if...

WaveOz

what if they served a purpose?

As of right now most of the missions in other to progress trough the Star chart. Wouldn't it be cool that ones we are done with the map missions could serve a different purpose?

the current state of the end game is quite lacking, if existing at all, and most of what we have is mind less grinding and fashion frame (say what you like, that isnt really and end game, i still like it though), this could be change if they were to meld the dojo and the star chart in a way that we benefit from doing missions and those mission bring something to the dojos. 

here is how things could work

1 Capture Missions-for completing Capture missions, player/s would bring that captured target and pacify it in the dojo ( a la MGS: V, i guess this gives a clue as to what i am going with this)

2 Defections/Rescue- by completing this missions, players would gather more unites and add them into the dojo. the more units rescued, the more you bring in.

3 Defense- after completing this mission, players would gain a sort of "elite" unite into the dojo

4 Excavations - the extra resource could be gather for the dojo in specific 

5..etc, they all could be adapted for a specific purpose within the dojo

now, why would all this be added to the dojo. simple, imagine a game mode in which player can go against other players and attempt to cease the enemies team dojo, sort of like clash of clans or Metal gear solid v mother base modes. this could be set with a credits reward system sorth of like how the index works, players would risk some credits in order to try to bring in more. however, this would require for players to be in their Conclave gear, given how no one plays that this could be a good alternative to rank that up. Then, the moment some one starts attacking the clan, the member of the dojo being attacked could opt in to join in and fight to defend the dojo, which would queue them int, with only 4 players  at any given time. Each defensive player would get 1 life, while the attackers would get the standard 4.

this could entice people into building bigger and better dojos, and give a bit more sense or purpose to the mindless grinding that we currently have in the game

Sorry, but I don't wanna suddenly be dropped into PvP just cause I played a Capture mission.

Even if your idea does make it in, Defection would still be pointless, because it's a lot faster to run Capture missions, so, in the time you take to get a small group in defection, people would get a lot more allies from capture. So defection is still one of the worst modes in Warframe.

As for bigger dojo, I'm a solo player, I have the biggest clan hall in my dojo, made it simply because I was sick and tired of corridors just to reach the research labs.

This would have been possible...back when Solar Rail conflicts were still a thing. That way you would have had more missions to get reinforcements from, instead of the just the Rescue missions with specters. Also bringing those back and putting them in the dojo isntead would be a terrible idea given the current hate for PvP in the community...there would still be a lot of exploits cough spawn camping with a Mirage and Penta cough too.

Now though, what would these dojo/clan only units do? Reduce construction time for decorations and such?

I honestly only agree with the Defence and Excavation stuff, given minor changes.

• Going x amount of waves in Defence increases your chance of getting a special, Tenno Oprative (the non-syndicate dudes in relays), specter. Syndicate Defence missions will instead give an Oprative specter of said Syndicate. These specters will not be bluprints!
  • Each Excavator in Excavation missions now also gives x amount of a random recource on the planet, with x chance of a small credit cache instead. This is a secondary reward and does not replace Cryotic or Rotation rewards!

I also would't mind the Excavation stuff in Survival but with more RNG.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

More PvP? Nope not for me. But when you mention doing these missions to "add units" to the Dojo, that got my interest. I really like the idea of doing higher level missions/reaching high tier rewards to add NPC's to the dojo. I don't think they need to give any real effects, maybe they could be a resource for crafting a new form of spectre, but this just makes me think about finally populating our dojo and making it feel alive.

Did anyone discussed adding lunaro for clan wars instead of PvP? It didn't work for random players, but could it be fun to play as a fair match between clans? Also if there would be some practice mod with mobs it would help players to get better without penalties.

When it comes to rewards - they would need to scale the numbers of them for groups and that stops to be fun at some point (cough hema). But I guess there is some optimal solution. 

• 2 weeks later...

Even with a purpose - no. The entire gamemode is just dull, sluggish and tedious.

Replace it with something more fun and interactive - like semi tower defence where you have time to set up defences, block some sections etc to help them escape.
Instead of this running minigame.

And a BIG NO to PVP.
PVP has no place in warframe.
This isn't pubnite.

Edited by Ketec