The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best way to defend the Kuva Extractor

Kyoresh

Question

So after playing it for a few hours I still struggle to find good Frames/Comps to protect the Extractor.

Of course Frost would be the obvious choice, but first of all he gets boring very fast and his bubble falls of pretty fast at about 90 monutes unless you spam it.

So how are you protecting your Kuva Extractors?

9 answers to this question

Best option, making it the easiest and efficient is Limbo. No corpus nullifiers means your area is untouchable for 80-90 seconds if modded for duration. Second option would be Frost with snowglobe, just make sure it's always up in case enemies somehow do enough damage to destroy it. And third option would be Gara with her 4, just needs more constant recasts as enemies can destroy parts of the wall and go through. Any aoe cc works, like constant Banshee, Rhino's stomp for example, but those 3 are the most efficient/easy ones.

Gara's been my go-to for Kuva survival. She's got solid damage scaling, and you can cast Splinter Storm on both yourself and the Kuva filter for protection, on top of walling off approaches with Mass Vitrify. Good all-around pick.

In a comp setting I would guess a low range, high duration Limbo would make it very easy.

For solo I use Nekros with enough range for desecrate and to spam terrify for 1 minute. 
I use a 100% status Kohm and slash based Atterax/Scoliac to quickly kill feared enemies while healing the Smeeta kavat trough Pack Leader.
I use Ancient Healer specter for capsules that are out in the open, but these are not unlimited.
If you're mobile and cover the area around the capsule with terrify, it is doable for sure.