Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma’s Spectral Scream Still Needs It’s Rightful Damage

Chroma is a dragon. Dragon breathes destructive fire breath. But why is Chroma’s so weak? I think it’s unfair that both Chroma & his Effigy do the same spectral scream but calculated very differently. There are other frames that have destructive 1st abilities. Atlas, Nidus. Why can’t Chroma have the same spectral scream damage as effigy? 

Sprectal scream should be Chroma best ability. He is a dragon. It should be rightfully destructive. Not a one hit kill but atleast should be like effigy & the fire rate should be increased.

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

meanwhile i can walk around with nidus spamming 1 all day and massacre hundreds of lvl100+ grineer in seconds with just that 1 ability that also has an utterly low casting cost lol...... and on top of that spamming it also makes me stronger and gives me a 2nd health....

Chroma could use some changes... his "rework" nerf hit him too hard......

im just sitting here and waiting for Nidus nerf lol

also i 100% agree that chromas 1st ability should hit WAAAAAAAY Harder.... even its Range is bad... so why not ?

Edited by Zoliru

Chroma's Spectral Scream definitely needs a damage buff.  Mod scaling would be interesting and quite useful.  There have been a few threads suggesting the Scream use the new beam mechanics.  Perhaps it should also have increasing damage the longer it's active, especially since you can't even use weapons at the same time.

Just now, SeaUrchins said:

Yea, nerf his 2 and 3 to the point his 1 becomes his best ability lol

devs already did that some time ago..... if they nerf that 2 ability anymore its better to just delete the warframe...

3 hours ago, 6Sanity9x said:

it should be kinda like this :D

gOm5GI0.gif

this skill needs a damage buff

Exactly!!

6 hours ago, Zoliru said:

meanwhile i can walk around with nidus spamming 1 all day and massacre hundreds of lvl100+ grineer in seconds with just that 1 ability that also has an utterly low casting cost lol...... and on top of that spamming it also makes me stronger and gives me a 2nd health....

Chroma could use some changes... his "rework" nerf hit him too hard......

im just sitting here and waiting for Nidus nerf lol

also i 100% agree that chromas 1st ability should hit WAAAAAAAY Harder.... even its Range is bad... so why not ?

If Nidus was gonna get nerfed. I feel like he should’ve by now. But he not for a couple of reasons. 1. It takes time to build up. Meaning building your stacks for quick missions isn’t worth investing in. Plus even at 100 stacks. At max level enemy you ever faced will start to take more than 1 stomp to take down. He not gonna get nerfed. It takes time to invest into Nidus. 

As for Chroma. I just want his scream to BE GREAT. Just have Chroma scream hit hard like effigy and let us play around with It. Plus don’t even get me started with the awful fire rate. Dmg ticks is just terrible. 

I'd go ahead and swap Effigy with Spectral Scream, so Effigy would have a health drain on the Sentry as a first ability, and then rework Spectral Scream as a new bad-ash fourth, like Hysteria or Razorwing.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

it would probably be best if it just scaled off primary mods

That’s one way we could play with It. But first. I just want to see It get the effigy treatment with an increased fire rate to see better dmg ticks. 

6 hours ago, SixDimensions said:

Chroma's Spectral Scream definitely needs a damage buff.  Mod scaling would be interesting and quite useful.  There have been a few threads suggesting the Scream use the new beam mechanics.  Perhaps it should also have increasing damage the longer it's active, especially since you can't even use weapons at the same time.

Mm I could see spectral scream getting the new beam mechanics. Interesting idea

7 minutes ago, o.0- said:

I'd go ahead and swap Effigy with Spectral Scream, so Effigy would have a health drain on the Sentry as a first ability, and then rework Spectral Scream as a new bad-ash fourth, like Hysteria or Razorwing.

You know what. I’m actually fine with Chroma scream becoming his 4th. Like seriously. Why the hell not? I’m down for that. 

Honestly I hate chroma's first ability.  It's always done lackluster damage.  The fact that it bars you from using your weapons while channeling at an absurd energy cost doesn't help it.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

That kinda sucks only because we would have to wait for his prime. Unless he’s next to get primed. Which I would doubt

It's either him or limbo.  Which comes first is gonna depend on when DE wants to get paid.  Limbo won't sell well because everyone hates his guts.  Meanwhile the next prime release is gonna line up right with tennocon when a lot of players will already be spending a bunch of money on the game and likely hitting their monthly gaming budget caps.

Chroma really needs a full rework. Spectral S** needs to go. EW, VA and Effigy scale down one ability slot and we get a new 4th going.

Isn't he supposed to be a dragon frame? Well give him his own dragon form to reck people with like the unstoppable juggernaut he is supposed to be. 

11 hours ago, MopUpCrewman said:

I wish Spectral Scream was just replaced with an ability that allows you to switch elements mid-mission. 

Why wouldn't Elemental Ward be made the skill that changes Chroma's element? It makes way more sense and opens up a way for the skill to become recastable.