Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mining, am I missing something here?

xaanos

Question

Anyone else find mining on the plains to be the most infuriating thing ever? Am I just doing it wrong?

I can't find any mining spots other than randomly stumbling over one and when I do mine it, I get barely anything for it. Fishing is similarly dumb, but at least there I can go to a patch of water and expect to find fish.

With mining I run all across the map and if I'm lucky, I find like two nodes after a twenty minutes of looking at rocks.

This is not fun, this is now what anyone was looking for in their space ninja game.

It's like scanning plants again, but at least those were easy to find and you just needed a handful of them.

5 answers to this question

When you have your Nosam Cutter equipped, it notifies you of any nodes within 30 m, so keep it out as you run across the plains. The best cutter even shows nodes on the minimap.

Also explore the caves towards the southwest. They typically have loads.

Edited by Tyrian3k

What?

First of all, which cutter are you using? If you don't already have it, try getting the Advanced cutter. It marks ore on the map, and it has a huge detection radius. And, it's pinpoint accurate, so more ore will be extracted

Second: When you get into the plains, head either left or right

Spoiler

f6pVmZZ.png

Go to H8 or the big settlement in row A for absurd amounts of ore.