Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens from Sorties

JackFraust

Can we get something better when it comes to getting riven mods from sorties? I have literally done sorties for several weeks and have not obtained a single riven mod. The only thing I haven't obtained besides riven mods in these past few weeks are legendary cores. Riven mods are suppose to have about 25% chance of obtaining them, second to the ayatan sculptures. I have actually obtained more boosters, catalysts, reactors, adaptors, kuva and endo more than the ayatan sculptures. People are doing sorties primarily for their second most common reward, but are getting less than anything else, somehow.

Maybe something like, guaranteed rewarded a riven mod (random weapon type) with another reward from the sortie rewards upon completion of the sortie. Riven mods can be removed from the sortie reward list, so players are limited to 1 riven mod a day. This way would yield 2 rewards from sorties, but 2 different rewards instead of 2 riven mods.

On 4/8/2018 at 11:55 AM, blkdrag said:

Can we get something better when it comes to getting riven mods from sorties? I have literally done sorties for several weeks and have not obtained a single riven mod. The only thing I haven't obtained besides riven mods in these past few weeks are legendary cores. Riven mods are suppose to have about 25% chance of obtaining them, second to the ayatan sculptures. I have actually obtained more boosters, catalysts, reactors, adaptors, kuva and endo more than the ayatan sculptures. People are doing sorties primarily for their second most common reward, but are getting less than anything else, somehow.

Maybe something like, guaranteed rewarded a riven mod (random weapon type) with another reward from the sortie rewards upon completion of the sortie. Riven mods can be removed from the sortie reward list, so players are limited to 1 riven mod a day. This way would yield 2 rewards from sorties, but 2 different rewards instead of 2 riven mods.

hsrjRdq.gif

On 4/8/2018 at 2:08 PM, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

So basically you are asking for 1 riven mod per day... talk about going to extremes, but hey, free easy loot! just like in Destiny 2,  and they seem to be doing well... oh wait

Destiny 2 has a much more fun, rewarding loot system than Waitframe. The game has its flaws, but running missions is far more rewarding than in Warframe.

33 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Destiny 2 has a much more fun, rewarding loot system than Waitframe. The game has its flaws, but running missions is far more rewarding than in Warframe.

As a person with over 9000 hours in Destiny 1 and over 600 in Destiny 2 (havent gone back since I started playing this game back in December) I have to disagree. D2 is dull, boring repetitive and unrewarding, despite you getting constant free loot (you dont even have to play to get loot) everything is just plain, weapon are reskins, they all feel the same, missions are boring, the DLC was atrocious and the PVP aspect is miles away than what it was back in D1 with all its flaws. 

If you want to compare D1 to warframe I would say that yes, D1 felt more rewarding, more fun, missions were different and in some cases it felt you were doing it for a purpose. Warframe unfortunately has very little story, the msisions are the same, just a different planet name, the open world is lacking (although its a good change but it feels it could have been so much more) and most importantly, it is very buggy, I thought Destiny was buggy until I started playing Warframe. 

I feel, and I could be wrong, Warframe developers are adding content to attempt to keep their players happy but they are not focusing in fixing existing issues, with the exception of the raids who they actually removed to work on them, PoE is a buggy environment, host migrations, losing rewards, ability bugs, movement bugs, warframe bugs, eidolons disappearing, etc etc. Kuva is another thing, kuva getting stuck in between walls (or some unknown place) forcing you to leave the mission, siphons not appearing, etc but they recently added Kuva Survival? I would have imagined that they would prioritize fixing those bugs before moving on to something else, but it seems not. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

As a person with over 9000 hours in Destiny 1 and over 600 in Destiny 2 (havent gone back since I started playing this game back in December) I have to disagree. D2 is dull, boring repetitive and unrewarding, despite you getting constant free loot (you dont even have to play to get loot) everything is just plain, weapon are reskins, they all feel the same, missions are boring, the DLC was atrocious and the PVP aspect is miles away than what it was back in D1 with all its flaws. 

If you want to compare D1 to warframe I would say that yes, D1 felt more rewarding, more fun, missions were different and in some cases it felt you were doing it for a purpose. Warframe unfortunately has very little story, the msisions are the same, just a different planet name, the open world is lacking (although its a good change but it feels it could have been so much more) and most importantly, it is very buggy, I thought Destiny was buggy until I started playing Warframe. 

I feel, and I could be wrong, Warframe developers are adding content to attempt to keep their players happy but they are not focusing in fixing existing issues, with the exception of the raids who they actually removed to work on them, PoE is a buggy environment, host migrations, losing rewards, ability bugs, movement bugs, warframe bugs, eidolons disappearing, etc etc. Kuva is another thing, kuva getting stuck in between walls (or some unknown place) forcing you to leave the mission, siphons not appearing, etc but they recently added Kuva Survival? I would have imagined that they would prioritize fixing those bugs before moving on to something else, but it seems not. 

Destiny 1 definitely had a better loot system. As does Borderlands. To be honest, I think D2 does, too. It might give you a lot if similar items, but at least it does reward you.

I mean, loot in Warframe us basically a piece of a part of something you have to grind days, then wait more days, to have.

Free to play. Drives plat. I get it. But that does not excuse it's not being a fun system.

At the end of the day, you've got a loot acquisition game...where acquisition of loot becomes less fun, with each update. That's going to hit a wall eventually.

51 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

I mean, loot in Warframe us basically a piece of a part of something you have to grind days, then wait more days, to have.

What are you grinding for that is taking days? There are a few exceptions that can take awhile but most things takes minutes to hours.. 

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Destiny 1 definitely had a better loot system. As does Borderlands. To be honest, I think D2 does, too. It might give you a lot if similar items, but at least it does reward you.

Free to play. Drives plat. I get it. But that does not excuse it's not being a fun system.

At the end of the day, you've got a loot acquisition game...where acquisition of loot becomes less fun, with each update. That's going to hit a wall eventually.

9 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

What are you grinding for that is taking days? There are a few exceptions that can take awhile but most things takes minutes to hours.. 

I have been grinding for the brakkk for 5 months now. Still waiting for the BP to drop, I got everything else since January! So I would say not only days but months!

Besides things like that Warframes take days to build, weapons depending on the material can take longer but just build time is 12 - 24 hours. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

I have been grinding for the brakkk for 5 months now. Still waiting for the BP to drop, I got everything else since January! So I would say not only days but months!

Besides things like that Warframes take days to build, weapons depending on the material can take longer but just build time is 12 - 24 hours. 

Your talking about the exceptions which the brakk is. Most weapons you literally just get from the market or dojo and build them.

Sure, I guess we can do like d1/d2 and just give me the weapon, oh yeah, it sucks because unless that weapon is actually good, I cant do anything to make it better. Warframe I can at least mod it up and I can at least use it all the time in the star chart.. 

I dont know why these d1/d2 comparisons are even here. They are completely different concepts. d2 was literally, from bungies mouth, for casual fans. Warframe is NOT for casuals. Least, casuals would not be trying to get the brakk anyway because they would not care.

4 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

Your talking about the exceptions which the brakk is. Most weapons you literally just get from the market or dojo and build them.

Sure, I guess we can do like d1/d2 and just give me the weapon, oh yeah, it sucks because unless that weapon is actually good, I cant do anything to make it better. Warframe I can at least mod it up and I can at least use it all the time in the star chart.. 

I dont know why these d1/d2 comparisons are even here. They are completely different concepts. d2 was literally, from bungies mouth, for casual fans. Warframe is NOT for casuals. Least, casuals would not be trying to get the brakk anyway because they would not care.

Yeah I agree, my point was precisely that, you dont want the loot given to you like they do in D2, you want to work for it so when you get it, it feels special! 

D1 didnt give you the weapon though, it took me months before I got my ghorn, and people waited years for some weapons to drop! D2 is just different, just like you said for the casual player, I am sure bungie learnt their lesson now, hence why they are reverting some of the changes back, still, no way of saving that game IMO, back to Warframe though... enough D talk

Edited by (PS4)El_Senior_Fats

34 minutes ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

Yeah I agree, my point was precisely that, you dont want the loot given to you like they do in D2, you want to work for it so when you get it, it feels special! 

D1 didnt give you the weapon though, it took me months before I got my ghorn, and people waited years for some weapons to drop! D2 is just different, just like you said for the casual player, I am sure bungie learnt their lesson now, hence why they are reverting some of the changes back, still, no way of saving that game IMO, back to Warframe though... enough D talk

Depends. I liked it more when the plan was layed out on how I got a weapon. I never agree with pure rng on a gear. The swords were a good example. They had some crappy parts in the quest but it was way better then just waiting around for the ghorn to drop. Stuff I dont have control over really bothers me. If your rng sucks, then you just dont get it. Least in warframe if I get sick of something not dropping I can plat it and be done with it.

I can understand the frustration behind this. Reward systems based totally on randomly generated probabilities sounds like everyone will get a smooth, even distribution of rewards. But it's like quantum foam, it may look smooth when you look at the players as a whole, but when you zoom in to specific users, it's nothing but skewed, inconsistent chaos.

It's not fun at all to put in the exact same amount of work into something as someone else, and seeing that other person uncover something hugely valuable, only because they were lucky and you weren't. It's frustrating; simple luck is rewarded more than hard work when it comes to the big prizes (end game rewards, by my definition, are Riven mods and Arcanes.) 

So I can understand, but infinite free rivens definitely won't make things any better for the game.

14 hours ago, tCartmant said:

Depends. I liked it more when the plan was layed out on how I got a weapon. I never agree with pure rng on a gear. The swords were a good example. They had some crappy parts in the quest but it was way better then just waiting around for the ghorn to drop. Stuff I dont have control over really bothers me. If your rng sucks, then you just dont get it. Least in warframe if I get sick of something not dropping I can plat it and be done with it.

I agree, but in some way that type of RNG is what keeps the player hooked up. 

Another big different is that you dont get a part of a weapon (with a few exceptions for specific quests) but the entire thing, ready to use instead of parts randomly dropping which makes grinding more tedious. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

I agree, but in some way that type of RNG is what keeps the player hooked up. 

Another big different is that you dont get a part of a weapon (with a few exceptions for specific quests) but the entire thing, ready to use instead of parts randomly dropping which makes grinding more tedious. 

It did not for me, I ended up quitting destiny because I got tired of trying to get things I wanted but not knowing if I will get that item in 3 runs or 150 if at all. Then they time gated exotic drops really badly in year 1.  I came back later when things dropped more redely for the things I wanted.. 

D2, I quite for entirely different reason. 

The division, imo, balances its exotics the way I think they could be done. If I wanted an exotic, I knew exactly which boss to go after to get it. (borderlands does this as well). Even if the drops are 1%, which they were, I know it will drop and I can do that mission over and over at the speed I want to do it. Thats why I liked getting the frames in warframe, even equinox, I know which boss to go after and I could just keep doing that boss until I got what I wanted.

Rivens are RNG (if you get one at all),on top of time gating (one chance per day), on top of RNG, (ok which weapon is this riven for), on top of RNG (ok, now what stats am I getting). 

I dont think Rivens should change though. If I want a riven for lets say the braton, I can either see how RNG treats me or just go to trade chat and ask for one. I can even say to just give me a garbage one for cheap and I can do the rolling on it. Most games dont have that option which to me, make warframe so much better and not hair pulling.

22 hours ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

Work for it? This has got to be the poorest, most laughably ridiculous excuse for the tedium that is Free to Play, that I have EVER heard.

As if repeating the same simple minded content over and over again can even be classified as "working" for anything. Sure, If it makes you feel better.

2 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Work for it? This has got to be the poorest, most laughably ridiculous excuse for the tedium that is Free to Play, that I have EVER heard.

As if repeating the same simple minded content over and over again can even be classified as "working" for anything. Sure, If it makes you feel better.

I am guessing that you dont know how working in real life is life, but if you do, wow lucky you that you get to do a different thing every day at work, and while having fun! I on the other hand do pretty much the same repetitive things over and over and over... so yeah, I work for it, not everyone is as lucky as you are I guess, doing something different every day.

The question is, why do you still play it if you find it repetitive and simple minded? Was it non repetitive and non simple minded in the past? I wouldnt know I have only played since December so to me is ok. Still nowhere is specified that working towards something cannot be repetitive or even tedious. 

Ok, so maybe a riven a day would prove to be too much, but that was purely an idea (and I'll admit a poor one at that). It's not like i was expecting it to be implemented.

On a side note; instead of a riven a day, maybe something like a riven a week from a special mission like with Maroo's Ayatan Treasure hunt or Darvo's Clem assistance. That way, rivens wouldn't need to be removed from sorties and some of the more unlucky players can still get at least 1 riven a week. Better?

Edited by blkdrag

On 4/11/2018 at 7:02 PM, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

I am guessing that you dont know how working in real life is life, but if you do, wow lucky you that you get to do a different thing every day at work, and while having fun! I on the other hand do pretty much the same repetitive things over and over and over... so yeah, I work for it, not everyone is as lucky as you are I guess, doing something different every day.

The question is, why do you still play it if you find it repetitive and simple minded? Was it non repetitive and non simple minded in the past? I wouldnt know I have only played since December so to me is ok. Still nowhere is specified that working towards something cannot be repetitive or even tedious. 

So...you're ok with your games being tedious.

I...think I know which one of us doesn't know what it's like to work...

When a game starts to feel like a job, I'm out. Jobs pay me, not the other way around.

Now you are putting words in my mouth, of course I am not cool with game being tedious, I have only been playing for a few months so its ok to me, and while it is repetitive there is so much still left to do that I dont feel is repetitive since I still have to try new weapon builds, frames, etc...  dont pretend you know what other players think like, you might not like it and find it tedious, others might not, stop generalizing. 

You said that when a game starts feeling like a job you are out, so what are you still doing playing it? it clearly seems that you hate what the game has become and find it tedious, so maybe is time for you to take a break and wait for Warframe to bring some new content?

Your analogy was that you cannot work for something if it is tedious, which is far from the truth, since it actually feels more like work if it is tedious, while, if it is fun, is not so much a burden, therefore it does not feel like you had to work for it.

One of the definitions of work is:

"be engaged in physical or mental activity in order to achieve a result; do work".

That thats pretty much what you do in a video game, no where specifies work cannot be tedious. So yeah, we know who of the two does not work. 

I have done the sortie off and on for a good deal of time, back before the sculptures were even a thing. Ever since sculptures were added to the Sortie drop list, apart from 3-4 times I have almost exclusively gotten the Anasa Sculpture. Regardless if I do the sortie solo or in a group.

In my opinion the sculpture should be removed entirely from the drop list, but also the riven drop chance should be higher.