The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

KHORA

(PSN)Croewe

As much as i would love the Exalted Whip, i doubt it will ever be a thing.
Khora went from a hype frame to a mr fodder for me.

Her 1st is nothing new.
Her 2nd is a joke.
Her 3rd is cute (but let's be honest, pet AI just makes this ability bad)
Her 4th is just an insult, it's supposed to be the strongest ability, but vauban can do it better with his 3rd.

I literally can't find a reason to play her over any other frame, it's another Nezha/Rhino situation.

Edited by Nakrast

13 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

Does the Exalted Sword share anything other than that of being a sword with any one handed swords ?
Or Valkyr's Claws with Claw Melees ?
Or Wukong's Staff ?
Ivara's Bow ?
Mesa's Peacemakers ?
none of them Function the same as the weapon types they are based from.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)abb12355 said:

Technically, you can say the same thing for an Exalted whip.

If you think Khora's "Stangledome" is reskinned Bastille, what would make her exalted whip not another reskinned Exalted Melee weapon?

Never once did I state that exalted weapons were like regular weapons. Let me rephrase my question, how would this differ in playstyle compared to other exalted melee weapons? 

Exalted melee generally consist of mashing the melee button. Excalibur, Valkyr, And Wukong all share this style despite the Special effects (Like Excalibur's waves, Valkyr's invulnerablitiy, and Wukong's extended Range).

What would differentiate Khora's exalted Whip from the rest of the exalted melees?

Edited by (PS4)abb12355

11 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

Her 1st is nothing new.
Her 2nd is a joke.
Her 4th is just an insult, it's supposed to be the strongest ability, but vauban can do it better with his 3rd.

Just mr fodder.

That's what I dread and is basically true. The interest I had faded away. Her 4th is lackluster to say the least. And altough I agree that nothing will change, I don't like the idea of staying silent and let it pass trough. Even if it's useless and in the end I'll look ridicolous. Everything is always subject to change, fine, I agreed when I joined. But, subject to change for the worst? The only cool thing she has is a summonable pet? Every Warframe has a bit of a theme: glass, sand, infestation, water and so on... What Khora's theme is for them? A girl who likes cats but also likes whips but use them rarely because she's shy?

Edited by Shry0b
Among many things, I can't type

3 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

Her 1st is nothing new.
Her 2nd is a joke.

Just mr fodder.

DE is a company that listens to it's player base... and a good chunk of the player base is upset at the change to Khora's powers and feel like they were betrayed a little with the last minute Ult change with NO chance at giving feedback on it before implementation. I'm attempting to rally people to get DE to see that this is an issue, so if you would love to see it make that voice whats heard, not one of hopeless defeat 

Anything shown on devstreams that is still WIP is not "advertised", its "subject to change" and should be watched with that STRONGLY in mind.

Not to mention that realistically the only thing that would happen with an exalted whip is boring AF slide spamming. That alone makes an exalted whip a bad idea imo.

It looks like she's going live with the Strangledome. :( It remains to be seen if they added any underlying functionality to it yet so I'll still hold out a little bit of hope that they used some of our feedback. 

Edited by Threa

5 minutes ago, (PS4)abb12355 said:

Never once did I state that exalted weapons were like regular weapons. Let me rephrase my question, how would this differ in playstyle compared to other exalted melee weapons? 

Exalted melee generally consist of mashing the melee button. Excalibur, Valkyr, And Wukong all share this style despite the Special effects (Like Excalibur's waves, Valkyr's invulnerablitiy, and Wukong's extended Range).

What would differentiate Khora's exalted Whip from the rest of the exalted melees?

Look, having your play style and opinion is fine~ if all you see an Exalted Weapon as is a Mash the button and that they are all basically the same, that's on you.
But each of them have different mechanics, modding scheme, pros, cons ... With that attitude towards Exalted Weapons do you see every bow after the paris as just the same thing ?
Of course not because all the bows are different~ .. now how her Exalted weapon would have been different isn't up to me but I'm sure it would have been enough to not just be a reskin of Exalted blade ~

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Anything shown on devstreams that is still WIP is not "advertised", its "subject to change" and should be watched with that STRONGLY in mind.

Not to mention that realistically the only thing that would happen with an exalted whip is boring AF slide spamming. That alone makes an exalted whip a bad idea imo.

the WIP and "subject to change" may be true ... but it's a little different when they change it last minute and it's not just a tweak in the power but a complete and utter removal and replacement.
Also just because some people have that Spin to win playstyle doesn't mean everyone does or that you have to and those that don't shouldn't be punished based on those that do.

(Points at Kohra's 1 Whipclaw) Am i the only one who see this? She still has her whip. It's now her 1. It still has the cool snap sound and uses melee mods. I don't need to add further.  

Edited by AquaMoon

5 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

the WIP and "subject to change" may be true ... but it's a little different when they change it last minute and it's not just a tweak in the power but a complete and utter removal and replacement.
Also just because some people have that Spin to win playstyle doesn't mean everyone does or that you have to and those that don't shouldn't be punished based on those that do.

Last minute? the last mention of the whip was months ago. For all we know it changed days after that.

And if anyone punished you it would only be your own expectations. And game health is always a valid reason not to put something through no matter if you intend to use it or not.

1 minute ago, AquaMoon said:

(Points at Kohra's 1 Whipclaw) Am i the only one who see this? She still has her whip. It's now her 1. It still has the cool snap sound and uses melee mods. I don't need to add further.  

See what the Thread is about ... returning her Exalted Whip Ult power ? not that DE completely removed her Whip....

1 minute ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

See what the Thread is about ... returning her Exalted Whip Ult power ? not that DE completely removed her Whip....

Thread is titled: Give Khora her whip back

She hasn't lost her whip. She uses a whip with her 1st ability. There was never a promise of her having an Exalted whip. The devs felt this was a better 4th ability for her than an Exalted weapon with whatever extra bit it would have.

1 minute ago, Airwolfen said:

Last minute? the last mention of the whip was months ago. For all we know it changed days after that.

it wasn't announced AT ALL until the last devstream before her release ... that is Last Minute
and considering the lack of polish on the new Ult ... yeah I doubt it was changed months ago~
I don't know if you watched the Devstream ... but the amount of screams of all capped 'NO' and 'WHAT ABOUT HER WHIP' was blasting through the chat ... it's obvious a huge portion of the player based doesn't want Strangle Dome but it's also obvious they won't voice it be cause they don't think they can effect any change

Just now, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

but the amount of screams of all capped 'NO' and 'WHAT ABOUT HER WHIP' was blasting through the chat ... it's obvious a huge portion of the player based doesn't want Strangle Dome but it's also obvious they won't voice it be cause they don't think they can effect any change

Twitch chat is really not what you want to use to justify anything happening in any game.

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Thread is titled: Give Khora her whip back

Fair Enough ~ Well it isn't titled that anymore ... I figured I shouldn't have had to be specific about that .. but I guess I have to be

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Twitch chat is really not what you want to use to justify anything happening in any game.

Why ? it's a Valid source of Players opinions ~

Why ? it's a Valid source of Players opinions ~

It isn't. 1) you don't have to play a game to watch any content for that game 2) twitch chat favors meme garbage and spam 3) twitch chat is barely a valid place to chat let alone mine for development ideas. just because a player has an opinion, doesn't mean DE should entertain it.

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

It isn't. 1) you don't have to play a game to watch any content for that game 2) twitch chat favors meme garbage and spam 3) twitch chat is barely a valid place to chat let alone mine for development ideas. just because a player has an opinion, doesn't mean DE should entertain it.

1) Speculation on the player status of viewers
2) Does not negate that valid questions and points are made in the chat
3) that's you're own opinion and not a fact

DE often answers questions from Chat ... if they are able to answer some thing that was asked there and give an answer or to make them think about something in the game .. Live
than it's a completely valid source of at least some level of census on the state of opinion of the player base

46 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

Exalted weapon would have been different isn't up to me but I'm sure it would have been enough to not just be a reskin of Exalted blade ~

This brings us right back to the initial arguement.

If you are so sure that Khora's new 4 is reskinned Bastille, without knowing the synergies or properties (still some bugs in devstream), using that same logic, then why is exalted whip not just another reskinned Exalted Weapon?

Yeah, strangledome looks similar to Bastille, just like how Exalted Weapons have similar playstyles. But we still don't know everything that it does.

Just wait until she comes out before you make judgements or compare ablities. We will never knew how strangledome works until we see it more in depth. 

7 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

No matter what the Devs do someone is going to make a Meta and Abuse it ~
I don't Abuse it but your posts to me always insinuate I only want things to abuse 
People are going to Abuse Strangle Dome .. People would abuse Exalted Whip .. it's unstoppable... so I don't give a thought to What is Meta
Now ...

No. It's not. In fact, we have seen a lot of abusive gimmicks being addressed this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Spinning for whips got a exclusive fix just to kill the room clearing. It doesn't make the slightiest bit of sense that a whip should strike multiple mobs with massive damage to begin with.

Go through the rest of the thread .. I didn't tell anyone else to leave .. this Guy has been on one or two of my threads in the past and Trolls when I don't agree with him...
I've tired to be nice before ~ it doesn't work ...
I'm not Childish for wanting a certain disruptive person to leave

Doesn't matter what he said, nonconstructive or not, it's still his opinion.

Telling him to gtfo only makes you look bad.

Just now, Duduminador said:

No. It's not. In fact, we have seen a lot of abusive gimmicks being addressed this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Spinning for whips got a exclusive fix just to kill the room clearing. It doesn't make the slightiest bit of sense that a whip should strike multiple mobs with massive damage to begin with.

I mean it's unstoppable that someone is going to find something to abuse and abuse it ... it's one of the fundamental rules in game creation. 
just because they fixed a lot of them doesn't mean more won't show up. Now like I said many times I'm not into this spin to win BS ... if they gave Whips some sort of Drop off for it's AOE attacks or something I'd be okay with that ... this thread is a focus on they made a unique frame with an awesome concept and then changed that last minute to something else...

I mean it's unstoppable that someone is going to find something to abuse and abuse it ... it's one of the fundamental rules in game creation. 
just because they fixed a lot of them doesn't mean more won't show up. Now like I said many times I'm not into this spin to win BS ... if they gave Whips some sort of Drop off for it's AOE attacks or something I'd be okay with that ... this thread is a focus on they made a unique frame with an awesome concept and then changed that last minute to something else...

Just because you don't abuse the whip meta doesn't mean the other 99.9% of the community won't. Yes, whips are OP, but they already said a melee rework is super far down the line, so until then they have to be wary of making it any stronger. 

Also I fail to see how yet another frame with yet another generic exalted weapon is unique, but that's just my 2 cents.