Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton and Lato Vandal on Sanctuary Onslaugh?! #Confirmed

Kaotyke

3 minutes ago, Cyler said:

Did they market it as permanently-exclusive? I don't really remember, but what you say at least lessens my worries.

I hope this puts you at ease:

To break this would be a breach of law in many countries due to false advertisement and breaching terms of agreement. Financial investment was involved and it would be a PR mess if they did so. Closed Beta on the other hand, literally nothing obliges them to keep it exclusive beyond a comment from 5 years ago with no legalities involved.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

They did for China. An soon will be screwing them over as well.

China had no access to Warframe at all in any shape or form until recently. They even changed the contents of it as well. 

You can argue consoles had no access to it, but the countries did via PC all that time ago unlike China. It is effectively a new game in China despite how long it's been out. 

14 minutes ago, Mogar said:

So by that logic it's alright to cheat on your wife because you've been married for 5 years right?

Just sayin.

How does that argument make any sense? Cheating on my wife and re releasing an exclusive digital weapon are the same thing? The fact you mentioned logic in the same sentence as that question is kind of insulting.

I have lato and braton vandal. Its time to let other people have them too, you don't need to continue being a special snowflake, no one uses the guns anyways.

Edited by Skaleek

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

How does that argument make any sense? Cheating on my wife and re releasing an exclusive digital weapon are the same thing? The fact you mentioned logic in the same sentence as that question is kind of insulting.

I have lato and braton vandal. Its time to let other people have them too, you don't need to continue being a special snowflake, no one uses the guns anyways.

How does 5 years passing have any significance? That's my point. Lets put it another way. You owned your car or house for 5 years and so now its alright for someone to put it up for sale?

Not saying you're wrong or right about the item being available. Just pointing out that time passed doesn't mean anything. 

3 minutes ago, Mogar said:

How does 5 years passing have any significance? That's my point. Lets put it another way. You owned your car or house for 5 years and so now its alright for someone to put it up for sale?

Not saying you're wrong or right about the item being available. Just pointing out that time passed doesn't mean anything. 

I don't even want to delve into your logical reasoning, how is anyone having their item put up for sale? It is most akin to a collectors item being rereleased. It is pertinent in that 5 years was long enough to enjoy the "exclusivity" of the weapon. Similar to prime unvaultings, and re-releases of event weapons.

Edited by Skaleek

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I don't even want to delve into your logical reasoning, how is anyone having their item put up for sale? It is most akin to a collectors item being rereleased. It is pertinent in that 5 years was long enough to enjoy the "exclusivity" of the weapon. Similar to prime unvaultings, and re-releases of event weapons.

Your thinking is way too narrow. Don't just read the words and not trying to understand the point. 

And by that logic they should re-release founders packs to buy so people can get Excal Prime. Or is that alright not to because its a "founders" pack because at that point you're just arguing semantics.

3 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

So are these weapons actually any good or are they just trinkets you parade around for bragging rights? 

Trinkets pretty much. Better than their normal counterpart sure but, overall not that great of a weapon.

1 minute ago, Mogar said:

Your thinking is way too narrow. Don't just read the words and not trying to understand the point. 

And by that logic they should re-release founders packs to buy so people can get Excal Prime. Or is that alright not to because its a "founders" pack because at that point you're just arguing semantics.

They would have rereleased excal prime if they werent legally obligated not to do so. Also they explicitly said they wouldn't, so there's that as well.

Edited by Skaleek

Just now, Mak_Gohae said:

They said the same things about the vandals but here we are. 

There is no legal obligation to not release a vandal because there was no currency exchanged. We didnt pay for our vandals, they were gifts. Excal Prime is a bit different.

If none of you have actually read the contract and have a copy of it you really don't have any ground to stand on. Probably just read what the surface promises were. More often than not there are exceptions. IS THERE EVEN A PHYSICAL CONTRACT?

Contracts could be x amount of years. I see 5 being thrown around a lot. 

21 minutes ago, Mogar said:

That is a horrible comparison. If it was a cosmetic, then yeah, DE is doing wierd stuff. But since its game altering equipment, whether it be by exp or stats, that is a horrible way to go. You agreed to the EULA, and anything can and will happen. Sadly, just deal with it.

7 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

They said the same things about the vandals but here we are. 

They said the same thing about every timed exclusive, from the cosmetics in prime access, to event limited rewards from 4-5 years ago. BUT all of those have returned, and rightfully so. The only thing that can be defended, is the founders program, because that has actual money tied to it. Everything else, as you have agreed to the EULA, can and WILL be subject to change. No "promises" can hold anything to accord. Unless actual money was tied to those things.

Face it, lato vandal, and braton vandal are freely and allowed to return. With or without compensation, and as an owner to both, I agree to that statement.

Edited by kitsu

37 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

There is no legal obligation to not release a vandal because there was no currency exchanged. We didnt pay for our vandals, they were gifts. Excal Prime is a bit different.

Then why didn't they say this at the start? Not only did they not say this but they said the opposite

31 minutes ago, kitsu said:

They said the same thing about every timed exclusive, from the cosmetics in prime access, to event limited rewards from 4-5 years ago. BUT all of those have returned, and rightfully so. The only thing that can be defended, is the founders program, because that has actual money tied to it. Everything else, as you have agreed to the EULA, can and WILL be subject to change. No "promises" can hold anything to accord. Unless actual money was tied to those things.

Face it, lato vandal, and braton vandal are freely and allowed to return. With or without compensation, and as an owner to both, I agree to that statement.

Which others have they said about? I don't remember DE saying here's a gift only for x thing then changing that. 

I have never understood limited time rewards. There are 235262314 more important things to do than play a computer game from 12 april to 18 april, random dates of random year.

And because I had something else to do, I'm deprived of a weapon, armor, skin, pet or whatever other thing.

And nobody really cares if you bought x or y pack when Warframe came out. I would have no problem buying it back then, if I knew anything about it or had any interest in it.

I know I will get a lot of heat for it, but that's really just your heat, I could care less.

21 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Then why didn't they say this at the start? Not only did they not say this but they said the opposite

Because they don't have to justify anything to us. They arent doing anything "wrong", its their content to rerelease as they see fit. We have no say, and no right to say how they do so.

Edited by Skaleek

vor 1 Stunde schrieb NamingPolicyViolation:

And nobody really cares if you bought x or y pack when Warframe came out. I would have no problem buying it back then, if I knew anything about it or had any interest in it.

You don't care, others obviously do. I can't see why you think nobody cares when this thread has 9 pages full of content discussing why people care about it oO

vor einer Stunde schrieb Skaleek:

Because they don't have to justify anything to us. They arent doing anything "wrong", its their content to rerelease as they see fit. We have no say, and no right to say how they do so.

Sure, they don't have to. They don't have to do anything, they don't have to update the game. I don't see how this adds anything valuable to the discussion.

Now to the reason why I actually returned to this thread, I saw a few people commenting how we don't use these exclusive items anyway. I guess I'm the exception then.

e5794fbda6.png

Edited by Cyler